Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis expected to hit FA.

Huh? I had no issue with Schefty. My issue was with the tweet from Middlekauf saying Revis is expected to hit the market. Schefty never said that and only implied that would be the case if the two sides could not reach an agreement. And I would not call that "journalism." The tweet that is. It is just viral campaigning.

Schefter said he was going to be a FA.

No he didn't. Read the interview.

“The bottom line is it would surprise me if New England picked that up. The chances are — not the chances are — it’s going to happen,Darrelle Revis is going to hit the market. He will be another coveted free agent.”

“The bottom line is it would surprise me if New England picked that up. The chances are — not the chances are — it’s going to happen,Darrelle Revis is going to hit the market. He will be another coveted free agent.”

Nice sound bite. In context, this is what he said.

“This is all comes down to what Darrelle Revis wants to do. He’s got a Super Bowl ring. His career has been validated. He’s got one more big score left; big score in terms of big contracts. So does he want to go take that big contract with a team like the New York Jets, who are dying to make a run at Darrelle Revis? Or the Buffalo Bills? Or is he willing to take less to go back to play with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and be in the environment he’s been in in New England? That’s a call that only he can make," Schefter said.

"At this point in his career, he has made a ton of money. A ton of money -- all together with marketing, contracts, he’s probably made $100 million. So what do you want to do in your very last big deal? That’s the decision that Darrelle Revis has to make.” 

The 'difference maker' was Russell Wilson.

Lol...yeah? Well New England had to get themselves into the position to benefit from Seattle's brain fart. I think Revis was a large part as to why that team did what they did last year. And yes I do realize he got beat for a TD in that game. But when you can basically just take away a team's best receiver every week, it changes the complexion and dynamics of games and can have a profound impact over the course of a season.

Huh? I had no issue with Schefty. My issue was with the tweet from Middlekauf saying Revis is expected to hit the market. Schefty never said that and only implied that would be the case if the two sides could not reach an agreement. And I would not call that "journalism." The tweet that is. It is just viral campaigning. 

What?!?

You had no problem with Shefty, but you had a problem with the guy who quoted Shefty and passed it along in a tweet?!?

Seriously?!?

I'm not sure how that's humanly possible?!?

What?!?

You had no problem with Shefty, but you had a problem with the guy who quoted Shefty and passed it along in a tweet?!?

Seriously?!?

I'm not sure how that's humanly possible?!?

Read Schefty's article that I posed on page 1 and then get back to me.

Read Schefty's article that I posed on page 1 and then get back to me.

I did.

That was my first response to you.

You said you had no problem with Shefter but you had a problem with the guy who tweeted Shefter.

I said that's not humanly possible and you've sent me back to square one -- reading the article again.

Sorry,  but I'm not interesting in going around in circles here.

Say what you mean.     Use your words.

Nice sound bite. In context, this is what he said.

“This is all comes down to what Darrelle Revis wants to do. He’s got a Super Bowl ring. His career has been validated. He’s got one more big score left; big score in terms of big contracts. So does he want to go take that big contract with a team like the New York Jets, who are dying to make a run at Darrelle Revis? Or the Buffalo Bills? Or is he willing to take less to go back to play with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and be in the environment he’s been in in New England? That’s a call that only he can make," Schefter said.

"At this point in his career, he has made a ton of money. A ton of money -- all together with marketing, contracts, he’s probably made $100 million. So what do you want to do in your very last big deal? That’s the decision that Darrelle Revis has to make.” 

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

Why leave out the very matter of fact comment that Schefter made? Whether he's right or wrong (and six days out, it's looking like he'll be right, but who knows what happens), he very clearly said that Revis will be a free agent. That's his conclusion.

I did.

That was my first response to you.

You said you had no problem with Shefter but you had a problem with the guy who tweeted Shefter.

I said that's not humanly possible and you've sent me back to square one -- reading the article again.

Sorry,  but I'm not interesting in going around in circles here.

Say what you mean.     Use your words.

We have a misunderstanding. Don't care to explain again ...