Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns sign Josh McCown

COLTS449

No to McCoy, get real. The others maybe. But the point remains he is still one of the best backups in the NFL

Sure. I just don't think he could get the Colts to the postseason if Andrew went down early.

What would you have them do?  There are limited FA options, they aren't going to get Winston, I don't think Mariota is a good option especially for the Browns, and they still want to see if their is any value in Manziel.  And even if they draft someone like Hundley, Petty, or Grayson those guys aren't day one starters. 

I have no love for Cleveland and think they make a lot of dumb moves, but they don't have a ton of options at QB this year. 

Nice post. Pretty much sums up what I would have said. 

You can't count on a QB in rehab and you're not walking into training camp with Connor Shaw and a Rookie at QB. They had to do something and Hoyer wanted to be essentially guaranteed a starting role. 

Sure. I just don't think he could get the Colts to the postseason if Andrew went down early.

Proven guy..Top-25 in yards all time..has won playoff games...no one has ore expereince

Jimmy Garopolo...really?

Haselbeck is the top backup QB in the NFL, to my mind..

The fact that he hasn't played much recently is obvious since he's a backup QB...

Mark Sanchez? That's just not reality.

Proven guy..Top-25 in yards all time..has won playoff games...no one has ore expereince

Jimmy Garopolo...really?

Haselbeck is the top backup QB in the NFL, to my mind..

The fact that he hasn't played much recently is obvious since he's a backup QB...

Mark Sanchez? That's just not reality.

Sahchez nearly got the Eagles to the playoffs. You're going off of Hasselbeck's early years but the guy is like 40 and has been sitting on the bench for years now. Yes I would take those guys I listed over him, just my opinion.