Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grantland: Three Ways the Colts can Keep Andrew Luck Happy

bababooey

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/how-wed-fix-it-three-ways-the-colts-can-keep-andrew-luck-happy/

The Problem: A Wasted Pick, a Disappeared Running Back

The Solution: Learning a Lesson From the Trent Richardson Deal

The Problem: An Uncertain Defense

The Solution: Shell Out Cash, Draft Like Geniuses

The Problem: The Offensive Line

The Solution: Get Healthy, Get Consistent

Article goes in depth pretty well but makes the connection that the Colts are similar to the Cavs during Lebron's first stint and that the window (to win it all) is never as wide open as it seems.

What a pointless article. 

Learn from the Richardson trade....duh. 

Draft like geniuses....thanks, I don't think we tried to be successful with our drafting before.  But I'll pass this message on to Grigson and hopefully he'll flip a switch and draft 6 or 7 HOFers this year.

Get healthy....again, thanks.  I thought our players and coaches tried to injure one another so they could just mail it in and get an easy deposit into their bank account.  I'll be sure to tell all the players to stay healthy this year.

2 of these 3 suggestions (and 3/3 if you change "the Richardson trade" to "roster acquisitions that didn't work") apply to literally every team in the NFL.

What a pointless article. 

Learn from the Richardson trade....duh. 

Draft like geniuses....thanks, I don't think we tried to be successful with our drafting before.  But I'll pass this message on to Grigson and hopefully he'll flip a switch and draft 6 or 7 HOFers this year.

Get healthy....again, thanks.  I thought our players and coaches tried to injure one another so they could just mail it in and get an easy deposit into their bank account.  I'll be sure to tell all the players to stay healthy this year.

2 of these 3 suggestions (and 3/3 if you change "the Richardson trade" to "roster acquisitions that didn't work") apply to literally every team in the NFL.

Yup.

This whole thing is built on the false premise that the Colts should be worried about Andrew Luck's happiness. The Colts should be worried about getting better and winning as much as they can for as long as they can, and that will take care of Andrew Luck's happiness as a by-product. 

I prefer the one with the bag that you have to carry around

Ugh don't joke... I used to be a network engineer for a Global oil company and the "old school" supervisors would special request those briefcase VSATs...  

Talk about a nightmare and a half lol...  Sorry had to vent