Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality's Colts Mock 2.0 - Post Combine.

Cap:42M

Cuts:         

• Donald Thomas, OG - Saves 3.25M
  • Erik Walden OLB - Saves 3.75M
  • Trent Richardson - Saves 3.20M
  • Gosder Cherilus (post June 1st) - Saves 4M

Cap: 56.2M

Re-signings:

Mathew Hasselbeck 1 year/2M annually/1M g'd (50%)

Reggie Wayne 2 year/4M (2M annually)/3M g'd (75%)

Joe Reitz 3 year/7.5M(2.5M annually)/2.5M g'd (33%)

Corey Redding 1 year/3M annually/2M g'd (66%)

Andy Studebaker 2 year/3.5M (1.75M annually)/800K g'd (20%)

Darius Butler 2 year/7M(3.5M annually)/3M g'd (40%)

Sergio Brown 3 year/7.5M(2.5M annually)/2M g'd (27%)

Mike Adams 1 year/3M annually/2M g'd (66%)

Colt Anderson 3 year/2.25M(750K annually) 45K g'd (20%)

Keep main role players on decent deals, all >3 years so can't get too scared of g'd $ or becoming irrelevant.

Extend Tenders:

Jerell Freeman

Matt Overton

Dan Herron

Cap: 35.2M

Free Agents:

Frank Gore RB 1 year/4M annually-3M g'd (66%)

One year rental from the 9ers. Get him on a cheap deal to let another RB come in and learn under him. Still has some gas left in the tank and is a good blocker which would help the O greatly.

Orlando Franklin OG 4 year/30M (7.5 annually)- 16.5M g'd (55%)

Get a great young O-line man. Franklin could play RG and is very versatile (could move to RT). PFF gave him a +8 in pass blocking, and +7.6 in run blocking which is very appealing as Iupati is a -7.5 in pass blocking as he is primary a run blocker.

Jeremy Parnell OT 2 year/8M (4M annually)- 6M g'd (75%)

Get a replacement for Gosder Cherilus, Parnell is very underrated and won't be retained by Dallas. He is a good all around blocker, posting +3.4 and +5.6. Give him high g'd money on a short deal.

Dan Williams NT 3 year/20M (6.6M annually)- 10M g'd (50%)

Get a true NT to place on the D-Line. A real stud, massive player that stuffs the run and has the ability to get to the passer. Would be a great addition to our D-Line, one concern would be consistence as he looked like a bust his first years in Arizona before breaking through.

Pernell McPhee DE/OLB 5 year/33M (6.6M annually)- 16M g'd (55%)

McPhee is one of the best young linebackers in the league. Posting a wopping 27.2 grade on PFF, ranking him second under only Justin Houston. McPhee can play all over the D (DE, DT, OLB) and would be a great addition. He is familiar with Pagano's scheme and would follow ex-teamate Arthur Jones to Indy, as he get's the exact same contract. One thing to watch would be he was only played about 50% of snaps while in Baltimore, which is why I don't buy into the 8-10M reports. But if teams do offer 8-10, I'd still consitter bringing him in.

Jeremy Miles S 2 year/3.5M (1.75 annually) - 1.75 g'd (50%)

One of the most underrated players in the league, when miles saw signifant time, he played really well for Baltimore. He is very good in coverage and would fit right in on the DB rotation.

Cap: 6.25M remain for carryover, and draft picks.

Draft:

1: Arik Armstead DE Oregon (6'8, 292 lbs, 33' Arms, 10 1/2" Hands, 5.10 40, 24 Bench)

Armstead is a physically gifted kid at 6'8 292. He would fit in great on the DL, with the recent release of RJF, it makes DE a major need. Armstead is very athletic and is good against the run, he need to develop his pass rushing moves to prove a stud, but defiantly has the potential too. He did not produce as well as he should of at Oregon and did okay at the Combine but didn't run a spectacular 40 like he promised. Overall he's a great player to plug in right now that would instantly help the run game while waiting to develop his pass rushing skillset.

2: Paul Dawson ILB TCU (6'0, 235 lbs, 31 1/2" Arms, 9 1/2" Hands, 4.95 40, 21 Bench)

Dawson was a tremendous player at TCU. But with that being said there are some flaws in his stock. He is bringing up worry as a bad character guy, and preformed abysmally at the combine, but with that being said he is a tremendous football player, and is too good of value to pass up here. Like he says, to me I don't care what he runs, he's not a track star. He's a football player and when he gets on the field those problems are erased to me. He is extremely football smart, and instinctive and would be a great addition to the middle of our D.

3: James Sample S Louisville (4.56 40, 32.5 vert, 6'2, 209lbs, 32" Arms, 9 1/2" Hands)

Sample is a riser recently in the draft. I really liked him when I saw him on tape though. Playing beside Gerrod Holliman, He has a lot of extra work to do with all the missed tackles Holliman creates. Sample has good pursuit and can use his speed well to get to carriers. Would be a great fit as our SS. 

4: Ali Marpet G/C Horbat (4.98 40, 30 Bench, 6'4, 307lbs, 33 3/8" Arms)

A kid I liked every after the Senior bowl, small school guy who played OT, but projects inside at the next level. After blowing up the Senior Bowl, he came and had a excellent Combine. Would provide great depth on our OL as he learns a bit to get his full potential, while competing for starting C position. Tons of potential on the kid, could be a great pickup. 

5: Tyrus Thompson OT Oklahoma (6'5, 324lbs, 35" Arms, 29 Bench)

Thompson is one of the most talented OT's in this draft, but scouts have question about his character, and willingness to give it all. I think this would be a great situation for Thompson as he could learn abit on the bench and progress until he's ready to possibly take over for Parnell when his deal is over (2 years)

6: Vince Mayle WR Central Washington (6'2, 34 1/2" Arms, 9" Hands, 4.35 40, 35.5 Vert)

Mayle is a very talented WR, that flashes extreme next level skill, He was looking like someone who would be a riser and could see the 4th round, but with a so-so combine it looks like may be around for this pick. Mayle would fit the rotation well as a Rotation/PS WR.

6: Quandre Diggs CB Texas (5'9, 196, 1.56 40)

Diggs was a great college CB for Texas, but Is undersized and under good speed for a slot corner. He needs to run well at his pro day but could be a good depth player for his career.

7: Karlos Williams RB FSU (6'1, 230lbs, 4.48 40, 16 Bench)

Williams is an extremely talented player who will drop becuase of off-the field concerns. But from a football player aspect he's a stud. He ran sub-4.5 at 230 when most other running backs struggled to run 4.6 at lower weights at the combine. Could be a good rotation back for us.

Luck/Hasselbeck

Gore/Herron/Williams/Tipton/Ballard

Hilton/Moncrief/Wayne/Carter/Mayle

Fleener/Allen

Costanzo/Thompson

Mewhort/Reitz

Shipley/Holmes/Marpet

Franklin/Louis

Parnell/Thompson

Jones/Pendlington/Quarles

Williams/Hughes/Chapman

Armstead/Redding/Kerr

Mathis/Newsome/Studebaker

Jackson/Dawson/Freeman/Muamba

McPhee/Werner/

Davis/Toler/Butler/Brown/Price/Diggs

Adams/Miles/Anderson

Sample/Brown

Vaniterri/McAfee/Overton

Let's continue to build this monster and ride it all the way to a super bowl victory! GO COLTS!

We don't need to cut Walden. We have to have an OLB like him to set the edge and stop the run. Plus, he just had his best season, and he actually put a lot of pressure on the QB. Now he isn't going to put up 15 sacks, we need another guy for that (hopefully its 98 again), but Walden does what he's supposed to do.

You all really think walden is worth 3.75M to compete with Werner for our 4th/5th OLB in rotation???

We don't need to cut Walden. We have to have an OLB like him to set the edge and stop the run. Plus, he just had his best season, and he actually put a lot of pressure on the QB. Now he isn't going to put up 15 sacks, we need another guy for that (hopefully its 98 again), but Walden does what he's supposed to do.

Why are we cutting Walden here?

^^^ As said above ... we aren't going to cut Walden.

walden unless we get houston

I would pass on Paul Dawson. He reminds me of Damontre Moore from Texas A&M, a guy who was projected to go high in the 2013 draft, then bombed the combine. I am not sure Tyrus Thompson will last to the 5th round. Could be a steal if he does.

I would be all for signing McPhee for the price you have stipulated. I am afraid their are too many suitors which will drive the price for him too high.