Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Day 2 Thread

Yeah Greene and the Hardy kid out of ECU have natural hands. Agohlor as well is really nice. I think I'm more impressed with the polished route runner guys who don't have the speed that others have but they're very smooth. Not explosive but clean and fluid.

Rashad Greene put up a 4.4 on one or both of those runs in the 40.  I didn't know he was that fast.

Big plus for him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, for me, the biggest loser of all the RB's is one of my mid-round favorites...

Minnesota's David Cobb.

Shows up 9 pounds heavy at 229 and runs 4.81.

wth?!?

Maybe someone grabs him in the 5th round and convinces him to drop some weight to a more reasonable 215.

Maybe he got some bad advice?   But something is not adding up here.....   Very disappointing....

Cobb is not that slow.  He pulled or tore one of his thigh muscles during the run.

That's why he didn't participate in anything else for the rest of the day.

Cobb is not that slow.  He pulled or tore one of his thigh muscles during the run.

That's why he didn't participate in anything else for the rest of the day.

Maybe it will be like Ballard's fall during the 40 and push Cobb down where we can get him a round or two later than his real value.

Also my day 3 winners and losers

Winners:

Chris Connely WR, Georgia-Every combine there is that one "workout warrior" who no one has really heard of but blows up the workouts. He ran a 4.35, had a 45" vertical, and an 11 something broad jump. He made himself some money today

Kevin White WR, WVU- His stock was already high, but I think he edged out Cooper as the number 1 receiver. They're both great, but White is more explosive

Justin Hardy WR, WCU-Looked smooth and has natural hands. More of a procession receiver though.

Rashad Greene WR, FSU-Same as Hardy basically. Overshadowed by all the big super speed guys but he's legit.

Jeremy Langford RB, MSU- Ran the fastest time of the RBs and looked smooth in the drills.

Bryce Petty QB, Baylor-I liked him better than Hundley today and he looked to be the best natural thrower after the big 2. With the right coaching, he could be a steal for the right team.

What did you think of David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa? It sounds like he performed well in the combine and in the Senior Bowl. Where is he projected to go in the draft? Mid-round?

What did you think of David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa? It sounds like he performed well in the combine and in the Senior Bowl. Where is he projected to go in the draft? Mid-round?

Saw him at the Senior Bowl. Big guy at 6'0". And he's quicker than he looks. My thing is that he's so big, I'm not sure he's a RB at the next level though because he's so big. More of a FB/HB tweener who has very good hands. Another guy who is an "offensive weapon" and should be on someone's team. That's my take anyways. 3rd-4th round guy.

Saw him at the Senior Bowl. Big guy at 6'0". And he's quicker than he looks. My thing is that he's so big, I'm not sure he's a RB at the next level though because he's so big. More of a FB/HB tweener who has very good hands. Another guy who is an "offensive weapon" and should be on someone's team. That's my take anyways. 3rd-4th round guy.

Thanks. My team (Vikes) could use a FB but not in the 3rd or 4th round. But Johnson looks like a good player. I also like the other Johnson from Miami.