Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Case Scenario - Jaguars Mock Draft

I thought it would be fun to tease out a Jaguars mock draft. They are in an interesting spot. The are set at QB and have some offensive talent in place. The #3 pick could be in play for a team interested in Marcus Mariota. A strong draft could go a long way in making this team much more competitive.

TRADE: Cleveland is fed up with their QB situation and trades their #12, #19, and #108 to Jaguars for the 3rd pick which they use to select Marcus Mariota.

Jaguars Draft

#12) Danny Shelton DT Washington - 6'2" 330lbs

Jaguars go with a young building block on their defensive line to team with Red Bryant and Sen'Derrick Marks. Shelton is too good to pass up at this point.

#19) La'el Collins OT LSU - 6'5" 310lbs

The Jaguars have to improve their offensive line. Collins gives them a boost at either guard or right tackle. In order for Bortles to improve in year 2, the line must block better.

#36) Eric Kendricks ILB UCLA - 6'0 230lbs

Gus Bradley needs a Bobby Wagner type for his defense. From what I have read, Kendricks is one of the best cover linebackers in the draft. He will likely time as one of the fastest as well.

#67) Mario Edwards Jr. DE - 6'3" 285lbs

This is Gus Bradley's Michael Bennett. Edwards was a bit of an underachiever at FSU, and he needs a strong combine. I think he might be a great fit for Bradley.

#81) (TRADE) David Cobb RB Minnesota - 5'11" 225lbs

Jaguars package their two 4th rounders to move up to get a RB. A favorite of mine. Cobb improves on a shaky group of running backs currently led by underachiever Toby Gerhart. An improved offensive line will along with an improved stable of running backs will help Bortles and the Jags offense this season.

#131) Ladarius Gunter CB Miami - 6'1" 205lbs

Big corner who can press. Jags are quietly building a solid secondary.

#164) Jamon Brown OT Louisville - 6'6" 330lbs

Depth on the offensive line

#195) Darius Kilgo DT Maryland - 6'3" 310 lbs

Depth for defensive line

Worst case scenario for the Colts when dealing with the Jags is for Bortles to make a big step up along with his young wr's and then for them to land an edge rusher like Shane Ray or Vic Beasley for the next 10+ or so years or Fowler

That would be a really good draft for the Jags. I'm worried about them in the near future too. I think Bortles will take some big steps this next season.

I'm not worried. I'm actually really glad. Not sure if this is weird but I have some AFC South Pride so I want to see all the teams in our division do good. ( Just not better than the colts.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now