Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Drafts (trading)

I like Mock drafts and I personally enjoy the whole FA and drafting process. I think it is exciting. But...

I don't get trading in mock drafts.... Aren't they suppose to be what you think the team is going to do?

Trading picks is almost impossible to predict.

I guess I can see if you choose to do what you personally want to happen but there isn't a large chance at all that it will happen anyway. I just don't understand if your trying to make it realistic.

Just trying to get some logic and discussion from poeple who see differently.

^^This^^  I have asked this same question several times. It really makes it impossible to realistically debate the merits of a mock draft when they've made trades, many times unrealistic trades, and often multiple trades.  If people want to do them for yourself for fun that's one thing, but doing it than posting it for discussion it a waste. 

The trades I have a problem with are people who use that First Pick sight. The trades in that draft game are completely unrealistic and people will post their mocks where we're traded up and down so much we end up with like 2 2nd round picks, 2 thirds, and 3 4ths. No team ever has picks like that.

I don't see the big deal with having a trade down or two in a mock draft. It's not like the Colts have never traded down before. And that's more likely to happen than to not make any draft day moves at all.

It's time Grigson starts being consistently smart with the draft by acquiring extra picks.

I don't see the big deal with having a trade down or two in a mock draft. It's not like the Colts have never traded down before. And that's more likely to happen than to not make any draft day moves at all.

It's time Grigson starts being consistently smart with the draft by acquiring extra picks.

I am an advocate of trading down in real life if the circumstances are right, and I hope Grigson considers trading down should a good opportunity present itself but ... 

IMO If someone is going to do a mock draft and post it for the discussion to be meaningful at all it should be as accurate as possible with the information currently available.

There are always going to be the variables that make mock drafts inaccurate .... different players stock rising and falling prior to the draft, not knowing what the Colt's board looks like, etc ...  When you add trades, especially multiple trades you are just adding more unknown variables and its only going to make the mock draft less accurate.  Even if you knew 100% we would trade down at some point in the draft, but did not know which round, with who, and for what than you would still be decreasing the accuracy of your mock draft by just randomly adding trade downs in there.  Add to that that in past drafts Grigson has shown he is more likely to move up than down and now your mock draft is now even more inaccurate.

Not saying we won't trade down or Grigson won't change his MO, but if people are going for an accurate realistic draft they should try to stick to "currently accurate" information and avoid adding random unknown variables.

Like I said earlier if people want to do crazy trade mocks for themselves for fun, more power to them and have fun.  But IMO posting crazy mocks with a bunch trades (especially from those computer draft websites) is just useless clutter that distracts from mock drafts that actually had thought put into them and are discussion worthy... there's a fantasy football forum section that many of these mocks would be better suited for.