Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What punishment is coming for the fight?

ColtsSouljah

I'd say it's because of the transparent hypocrisy that comes from constantly singling out only the behavior of the one out of 32 NFL teams that you happen to dislike the most as if that team and it's players were fundamentally different than any other team in the league, including your favorite team, on this front. I've said it before, I'll say it again...standing on the "morality and class" soapbox when it comes to professional sports teams is the flimsiest form of fan-boy behavior there is. What you are really saying is "I hate this team because they are better than my team, however I don't want to admit that, so I'll make up some crap about them being not classy like my team and that will sound better"....weak sauce.

Here, I made you a couple lists:

Teams that over the years have regularly beaten my teams, especially in gut-wrenching fashion, that I do not hate:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

2. San Diego Chargers

3. San Antonio Spurs

4. Chicago Bulls

5. St. Louis Cardnials

6. San Francisco Giants

Teams that over the years have regularly beaten my teams, especially in gut-wrenching fashion, that I do hate:

1. The New England Patriots

I'm hardly "concerned." I don't lose any sleep over Gronk or the pats.

However, I am allowed to have an opinion. What is this board for if not people giving their opinions and insights? Gronk personifies what people dislike about the pats.

I'll say it again, it is amazing to me how when someone points out classless behavior, they are the ones who get attacked. I don't know if it's because we like that kind of behavior or if it's because we think people aren't allowed to value character or what.

The amusing thing is that the Colts were the most fined team in the NFL this season. And didn't your team have guys ejected for head butting and pushing a ref?

Hypocrisy.

The amusing thing is that the Colts were the most fined team in the NFL this season. And didn't your team have guys ejected for head butting and pushing a ref?

Hypocrisy.

Yup. Here's the difference. That guy didn't go on national television and pretend like his actions were a great big joke.

See, this is one thing you guys don't understand when you bring up all the Colts transgressions. We know EVERYBODY screws up. The question is, how do you respond to it? By continuing to cheat for years? By denying your wrong doing? By turning it into a joke? If that's how you respond, you show that you don't care about doing the right thing. If you respond by admitting your mistake and owning up to it by saying it was wrong and working to correct it, then you show the exact opposite.

You see, I don't think anybody is "holier" than another. I do think admitting your wrong doing and working to correct it matters.

Yup. Here's the difference. That guy didn't go on national television and pretend like his actions were a great big joke.

See, this is one thing you guys don't understand when you bring up all the Colts transgressions. We know EVERYBODY screws up. The question is, how do you respond to it? By continuing to cheat for years? By denying your wrong doing? By turning it into a joke? If that's how you respond, you show that you don't care about doing the right thing. If you respond by admitting your mistake and owning up to it by saying it was wrong and working to correct it, then you show the exact opposite.

You see, I don't think anybody is "holier" than another. I do think admitting your wrong doing and working to correct it matters.

Except your problem in this situation is that Gronk was joking around on a late night COMEDY show. It's not his fault that you don't understand the context .

Except your problem in this situation is that Gronk was joking around on a late night COMEDY show. It's not his fault that you don't understand the context .

Did I or did I not say that he was joking around about it? I did. That changes nothing. It's low class to joke about punching people when you actually had punched people.

Another thing that you fail again and again to understand is that the patriots have developed a long standing pattern here. Continuous "rule bending." Continuous talk by people like Gronk. Continuous POOR SPORTSMANSHIP. Check out the parade. Julian holds up a meme mocking Sherman (and I'm not defending Sherman, but that was really, really poor sportsmanship), and Blount holds up a shirt that says B*&% Mode. Some people think sportsmanship matters. I'm one of them and I won't apologize for that.

I have NEVER seen another NFL team hold up signs and shirts like that at a Super Bowl parade (maybe there have been, but I GUARANTEE you that the teams that care about sportsmanship would never allow that to happen).

Did I or did I not say that he was joking around about it? I did. That changes nothing. It's low class to joke about punching people when you actually had punched people.

Another thing that you fail again and again to understand is that the patriots have developed a long standing pattern here. Continuous "rule bending." Continuous talk by people like Gronk. Continuous POOR SPORTSMANSHIP. Check out the parade. Julian holds up a meme mocking Sherman (and I'm not defending Sherman, but that was really, really poor sportsmanship), and Blount holds up a shirt that says B*&% Mode. Some people think sportsmanship matters. I'm one of them and I won't apologize for that.

I have NEVER seen another NFL team hold up signs and shirts like that at a Super Bowl parade (maybe there have been, but I GUARANTEE you that the teams that care about sportsmanship would never allow that to happen).

I havn't seen the parade, or anything about it other than the photo someone posted of Gronk holding a deflated football. 

I know he thought it was all in fun and trying to be cute, but my opinion of that was ~  The investigation is still ongoing, and it was probably not a smart move to be making a mockery of it, but that's just my opinion.

I didn't see the other signs and shirts you are referring to, but those things are also in poor taste.  No reason to stoop to that level. Not only is it unsportsmanlike, it is very juvenile and unprofessional.

Got some sources for those signs and shirts?

Oh. http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2354041-patriots-players-mock-marshawn-lynch-with-+-mode-shirts-in-victory-parade

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2353820-patriots-julian-edelman-clowns-richard-sherman-during-super-bowl-victory-parade

The Sherman one was justifiable.

*yawn*. If you don't think those things happen at every SB parade, I have a bridge to sell you .

Are you trying to infer that the Colts care about sportsmanship and the Patriots do not? Who was the most fined team? Whose team has players arrested numerous times in the past few weeks?

*yawn*. If you don't think those things happen at every SB parade, I have a bridge to sell you .

Are you trying to infer that the Colts care about sportsmanship and the Patriots do not? Who was the most fined team? Whose team has players arrested numerous times in the past few weeks?

Does this really happen at every SB parade?  I don't remember seeing anything even remotely close to this at Indy's SB parade, or the Giants.   :scratch:

"EVERY SB parade?" I DARE YOU to find me 5 examples of this in the last 10 years. That would be only HALF.

Hypocrisy.

Colts players get punished for wrong doing. That's a big difference when comparing the lack of class between Colts players and Patriots players. Brady should've been ejected or if nothing else flag for unsportsmanlike conduct in the game against the Ravens, but Patriots fans will say "Oh the guy on the Ravens team started it" or "He's just a very competitive emotional guy" or "That's a way different scenario than what happened with Walden." You are as big a hypocrite as anyone on the forum, the difference is you fail to realize it and you choose to condemn everyone else.

The amusing thing to me (if I can borrow your snark for a moment) is that you think you are above judgement. You only pick on people that you think you can win an argument against. When you are called out and lose an argument you just twist words and change the subject. Patriots are a gaggle of ne'er do wells so lets not act like you are supporting the disciples or something. Colts have some bad eggs yes, but the aren't rotten from the penthouse to the cellar.

Colts players get punished for wrong doing. That's a big difference when comparing the lack of class between Colts players and Patriots players. Brady should've been ejected or if nothing else flag for unsportsmanlike conduct in the game against the Ravens, but Patriots fans will say "Oh the guy on the Ravens team started it" or "He's just a very competitive emotional guy" or "That's a way different scenario than what happened with Walden." You are as big a hypocrite as anyone on the forum, the difference is you fail to realize it and you choose to condemn everyone else.

The amusing thing to me (if I can borrow your snark for a moment) is that you think you are above judgement. You only pick on people that you think you can win an argument against. When you are called out and lose an argument you just twist words and change the subject. Patriots are a gaggle of ne'er do wells so lets not act like you are supporting the disciples or something. Colts have some bad eggs yes, but the aren't rotten from the penthouse to the cellar.

Brady was poked in the eye (a blood vessel burst as a result), and complaining about it warranted an ejection?

Still waiting on the flood of posts detailing how obscene shirts and trolling pics of opposing players are a part of EVERY super bowl parade.

We are still waiting.... surely you can come up with merely five examples from the past ten years since this happens "at every SB parade."

There is no sportsmanship in the NFL. We've all seen how terrible players show themselves on and off the field. It's disgusting. Some pay the price and never do it again and some think they are above all and continue to be smug and non caring. The end of the Super Bowl was just bad. The t-shirts with the obscene language mocking the other team that they just beat was bad. These guys just don't care, plain and simple. They are turning the league into crap. No role models here anymore.

• 2 weeks later...