Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts success

Shepman

So I keep hearing over and over again how the Colts are weak and their only success is due to the AFC South. In an effort to remain open minded I ask myself why isn't Jags, Titans or Texans the AFC South leaders if it is soooo easy. Reason is because every NFL game is tough to win no matter who is the competition. Don't disagree that the level of competition is perhaps a little more equal in other divisions but every game is hard. We have beat all the "top" team besides Patriots and hostory tells us that we will own them sooner than later.

So I keep hearing over and over again how the Colts are weak and their only success is due to the AFC South. In an effort to remain open minded I ask myself why isn't Jags, Titans or Texans the AFC South leaders if it is soooo easy. Reason is because every NFL game is tough to win no matter who is the competition. Don't disagree that the level of competition is perhaps a little more equal in other divisions but every game is hard. We have beat all the "top" team besides Patriots and hostory tells us that we will own them sooner than later.

Quarterback.

A great QB will cure a lot ills.  We have a lot of ills.  

There are no great teams that will be blown out and outright embarrassed multiple times in the same season.  We have some* work to do before we advance from a good team to a great team.  

(* meaning a tremendous improvement in defense, offensive line, and coaching are needed to move to the next step)

It's because we are a small market team. Think back all the years the Pats have been dominant in their division until recently and you could even argue now that division has been a cake walk for the Pats but they are considered just to be dominant not in a weak division.