Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Met Former Colts Super Bowl Champion Hunter Smith *Pics*

pgt_rob

What's up guys. My wife and I met former Colts punter and 2006 super bowl champion, Hunter Smith. He was in town at our church leading the service. He also sings in a country-ish type band with a group of guys called, The Hunter Smith Band. Pretty creative, right? haha He talked about playing with the Colts and his personal relationship with Peyton and the other guys. Very down to earth guy. We got a couple pictures with him and gave me his Colts Super Bowl ring to try on. Pretty wild. He actually dropped it and it landed hard on a granite counter top and then hit the floor. His eyes got really huge. I've had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Saturday as well during the Summer last year too. Pretty neat stuff!

huntersmithband_zpse2dfc80a.jpg

group_zpsae7d3a48.jpg

ringhand_zpsb28b174d.jpg

ringcloseup_zps604c28c7.jpg

Then last night, I predicted the score & winner of Superbowl XLIX. Maybe I'm good luck, who knows? I think I'm buying a lottery ticket.

gloverprediction_zps3ac7120c.jpg

Should have pulled a Putin with that ring

Oh man. Apparently the NFL spends $5k roughly on each Super Bowl ring to produce but to a collector they are worth a ton. My buddy put the ring on as well and he couldn't get it back off. I think Hunter Smith was sweating it for a sec.

Do ex-players actually walk around with those things?! :D

Probably not unless they plan on showing it off. Otherwise, I bet it sits pretty in their large houses. His ring looked like it had some wear to it. He did say one time he was wearing it and traveling. Fell asleep on the airplane and woke up to a few people taking pictures of his hand. Too scared to put it in the carry on bag.