Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis!

IcEWoLF

I am more happy for this guy getting a championship than anyone else! One of the greatest corner backs in the game!

He will probably leave NE for money, but he was awesome for us all year.

I am happy for him too, not like the classless #25 on the other side showboating every little chance he gets. Revis gets picked off by the ref and the first thing Sherman can think of is "No.24, touchdown"??? Seriously. Classless egomaniac whose team I was more than happy to see lose.

It made me hate the Pats less because they at least take the high road no matter what the circumstances and don't run their mouths like the Pete Carroll led PED laden egomaniacs led by Sherman.

I'll be shocked at this point if Revis isn't a Patriot in 2015.

He didn't make the INT to seal the game but he and Browner had undeniably an impact. Wilson was throwing to mostly his third and fourth options throughout most of the game. 

I'm just glad the refs let them play, for the most part... there was more contact in the secondary on both sides than usual, but I thought it was pretty evenly called all around. 

I'm really curious what happens with Nate Solder.. If they exercise his 5th year option, his salary would be $7.5 million against the cap for a guy that's been very inconsistent.

Vollmer would have to swing over to left tackle Which would be an upgrade, but cannon would need to start at RT which would be a significant downgrade.

Vereen, Ghostkowksi and McCourty are all key guys as well. Ayers and Casillas were 1 year rentals, I'd like to get them back but with a SB under their belt now, teams will be circling like vultures trying to pick up every piece of scrap meat off of the Patriots table

It's going to be an interesting off season, they have a ton of cap room but they'll probsbly spend all of it retaining their own guys.. they'll need a solid draft and should target OL, DL, TE, SS and RB/WR

The way I see it is:

- sign McCourty, Revis, Ayers

- restructure Solder and Mayo (trade them if you can't)

- Ridley and Gostkowski walk

No way they let Gostkowski walk. Ridley is probably gone unless he agrees to a team friendly deal. They get Revis and McCourty done. They have to.

The way I see it is:

- sign McCourty, Revis, Ayers

- restructure Solder and Mayo (trade them if you can't)

- Ridley and Gostkowski walk

Ghostkowski was the point leader of the entire nfl this year, and is one of the most accurate kickers in the league (the most accurate kicker in Pats history)

He's only 30 or so, and could still play at a high level for another 10 to 15 years, so I think it would be a huge mistake to let him walk.. then you're scrounging around for another out of FA or the draft and have a total unknown

Ghostkowski was the point leader of the entire nfl this year, and is one of the most accurate kickers in the league (the most accurate kicker in Pats history)

He's only 30 or so, and could still play at a high level for another 10 to 15 years, so I think it would be a huge mistake to let him walk.. then you're scrounging around for another out of FA or the draft and have a total unknown

Maybe so. But a kicker to me is the bottom of the totem pole. As in you can't let a key player at another position walk because of a kicker's cap hit