Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I would like the 2015 roster to look like (edit)

Revis contract this year is base 1.5 mil + signing bonus 10 mil( spread across 2 years) roster bonus of 500k for 2014  total money in pocket for 2014 = 12mil  Im saying give him 12 mil that's what he wants it looks like.  Suhs contract should be pretty comparable to Gerald McCoy 6 year 95mil if you over pay him year 1 and guarantee year 1 year 2 and add a signing bonus like they did with McCoy.  Guarantee number will be pretty similar and will work in the cap,  you just make the last 3 years mostly base pay so you can cut and not take a hit finically if you get in a pickle. so its really a 3 year deal paying out 56 mil or so.

Neither Revis nor Suh are going to accept contracts like that.

Revis contract this year is base 1.5 mil + signing bonus 10 mil( spread across 2 years) roster bonus of 500k for 2014  total money in pocket for 2014 = 12mil  I'm saying give him 12 mil that's what he wants it looks like.  Suhs contract should be pretty comparable to Gerald McCoy 6 year 95mil if you over pay him year 1 and guarantee year 1 year 2 and add a signing bonus like they did with McCoy.  Guarantee number will be pretty similar and will work in the cap,  you just make the last 3 years mostly base pay so you can cut and not take a hit finically if you get in a pickle. so its really a 3 year deal paying out 56 mil or so.

Revis contract this year is base 1.5 mil + signing bonus 10 mil( spread across 2 years) roster bonus of 500k for 2014  total money in pocket for 2014 = 12mil  I'm saying give him 12 mil that's what he wants it looks like.  Suhs contract should be pretty comparable to Gerald McCoy 6 year 95mil if you over pay him year 1 and guarantee year 1 year 2 and add a signing bonus like they did with McCoy.  Guarantee number will be pretty similar and will work in the cap,  you just make the last 3 years mostly base pay so you can cut and not take a hit finically if you get in a pickle. so its really a 3 year deal paying out 56 mil or so.

And what about Fleener and Allen and Hilton and Castanzo and, I understand the quarterback for the team is good and he's going to want a pay raise too.

Besides,  Revis doesn't want another 1-year sweet heart deal.

Revis wants a big pay day, as Suh does.

How does that factor in?

Are we talking about re-signing players with expired contracts or extending players with one more year on their contacts?

We do have the money, don't get me wrong, but a lot of that cap space is going to be ate up by a TY Hilton extension, Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen extensions, Anthony Castanzo extension.  Then you have the Andrew Luck extension coming either this year or the next.  

So we have the money, but we can't go hog wild on FA's.

Not like Fleener and Allen will break the bank....if they even keep both.

And what about Fleener and Allen and Hilton and Castanzo and, I understand the quarterback for the team is good and he's going to want a pay raise too.

Besides,  Revis doesn't want another 1-year sweet heart deal.

Revis wants a big pay day, as Suh does.

How does that factor in?

Im pretty sure Allen turns into a restricted free agent in 2016 since he did not play in 6 games during the 2013 nfl season.   If im right you tender him at only 2.18 mil and a 2nd round pic.  I would look into releasing Gosder to make up the money you need to sign Castanzo and to replace Gosder I would hope we would have RT in house from the draft by then.  Signing Fleener can be done at 6mil pretty easy with out dropping any one like I said we are looking at 40mil+ in salary just next year with my plan.  We have the option to drop Walden at 4.25mil if we develop a better OLB, Drop DQ any time after next year for 5.5mil a year if we develop a better MLB.  I cant predict 5 years out but of coures we need to develop talent and make choices on who to keep on year to year basis.

Revis wanted the 1 year deal from NE this year so he gets paid his max every year it looks like.  Like I said its only a 2 year deal on paper to help NE in my opinion so they can spread the cap hit.  When you see a crazy cap number like 25mil for a CB that pretty much means he will be free agent and he wants it that way.  if he wants a long term deal then his cap hit per year will be less than the 12mil I showed here.

Im pretty sure Allen turns into a restricted free agent in 2016 since he did not play in 6 games during the 2013 nfl season.   If im right you tender him at only 2.18 mil and a 2nd round pic.  I would look into releasing Gosder to make up the money you need to sign Castanzo and to replace Gosder I would hope we would have RT in house from the draft by then.  Signing Fleener can be done at 6mil pretty easy with out dropping any one like I said we are looking at 40mil+ in salary just next year with my plan.  We have the option to drop Walden at 4.25mil if we develop a better OLB, Drop DQ any time after next year for 5.5mil a year if we develop a better MLB.  I cant predict 5 years out but of coures we need to develop talent and make choices on who to keep on year to year basis.

Revis wanted the 1 year deal from NE this year so he gets paid his max every year it looks like.  Like I said its only a 2 year deal on paper to help NE in my opinion so they can spread the cap hit.  When you see a crazy cap number like 25mil for a CB that pretty much means he will be free agent and he wants it that way.  if he wants a long term deal then his cap hit per year will be less than the 12mil I showed here.

I don't think the 6 game rule you're referring to applies to players who were hurt.

It applies to players who get suspended, or hold-out,  and don't play 6 games.

As for everything else.....   I think your vision comes straight out of fantasy land.

Seriously.

Luck's signing bonus might be in the neighborhood of $75 MIll.

Now, you want to give Suh a SB in excess of $50 MIl.

And Revis is going to want something close to that....  $35-40 Mil??

That will never, ever happen.    Not even close with everything else we have to do.

I can't believe we've spent so many posts even considering this.......

I don't think the 6 game rule you're referring to applies to players who were hurt.

It applies to players who get suspended, or hold-out,  and don't play 6 games.

As for everything else.....   I think your vision comes straight out of fantasy land.

Seriously.

Luck's signing bonus might be in the neighborhood of $75 MIll.

Now, you want to give Suh a SB in excess of $50 MIl.

And Revis is going to want something close to that....  $35-40 Mil??

That will never, ever happen.    Not even close with everything else we have to do.

I can't believe we've spent so many posts even considering this.......

Of course its fantasy lol unless one of us is Grisgson or Irsey Im just posting what I think would be cool and backing my opinion by letting you know it doesn't screw the cap based on reasonable assumptions.  I cant tell the future and don't have the power to to make moves for the Colts so I come and let other die hards see what I would like to see.  Not being mean but that's what this forum is for to express ap and see what others see to opinion your own opinion. I have no way of knowing about 20 contracts for next year so its all guessed lol, doesn't mean I don't like talking about it.  Most people say sign this guy sign that guy with no backing lol I just went a step and showed how it could work and still sign our young guys when need too.  I liked that you asked questions I was able to explain more. 

I don't know what Revis will want I just gave him what he wanted this year. And the Suh deal is only really 3 years its not as scary as you think if structured right..

Not like Fleener and Allen will break the bank....if they even keep both.

They are going from averaging less then a million a year to probably somewhere between 4 and 6 million and then there is 2 of them.  So take our 32 M cap space and drop 8 to 12 million from it.  That's going to be significant.  Not bank breaking, but significant.