Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spoiled?

theanarchist

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 3x 11-5 seasons about sums it up, I'd love to see if you have any proof to the contrary, I'm guessing not though.

lol..that's your proof?  the season records?  nice.  a team rebuild is about rebuilding the coaching staff and the roster.  the coaching staff was mostly rebuilt in 2012 though they are still making tweaks here and there, but more importantly the roster rebuild was absolutely not complete after that first offseason.  the fact that the team has been able to attain 3 consecutive 11-5 seasons while also continuing to rebuild the roster is a credit to the coaching staff that you seem to enjoy criticizing. 

lol..that's your proof?  the season records?  nice.  a team rebuild is about rebuilding the coaching staff and the roster.  the coaching staff was mostly rebuilt in 2012 though they are still making tweaks here and there, but more importantly the roster rebuild was absolutely not complete after that first offseason.  the fact that the team has been able to attain 3 consecutive 11-5 seasons while also continuing to rebuild the roster is a credit to the coaching staff that you seem to enjoy criticizing. 

LOL, Thanks for all that proof you gave, which I'll point out was hogwash and only your opinion.

and for the record, EVERY team makes little adjustments here and there with both coaches and rosters, so i guess by your standards every team in the NFL is "rebuilding".

LOL, Thanks for all that proof you gave, which I'll point out was hogwash and only your opinion.

and for the record, EVERY team makes little adjustments here and there with both coaches and rosters, so i guess by your standards every team in the NFL is "rebuilding".

you're either completely delusional or ridiculously obtuse. 

Not spoiled, just realist. This team isn't as good as some of you think it is & it shows against the top teams in the NFL

Expected them to beat the Bengals cause Dalton is a terrible QB. Got away with the Broncos cause of Peyton having yet another terrible playoff game in his career..... Then boom, played some real competition & the true colors showed.

To score 7 points in the biggest game of the season is laughable.

"It shows against the top teams, but only when it fits my argument"

"It shows against the top teams, but only when it fits my argument"

It really is amazing to how some that if the Colts beat a good team that team no longer qualifies as a good team.  Again, several people have decided that their view point is that the Colts can't beat good teams and frankly being right is more importantly than honestly looking at what the Colts have done and haven't done.

The Colts have issues that need to be improved I don't think anyone is going to argue that but this myth that the Colts can't beat good teams is just that a myth.  They have beat good teams all through Pagano's time as Colts coach including beating three of the final four teams in the playoffs last year plus another playoff team twice.  This year they ended up 4-5 vs. playoff teams not too bad.  I know the Pats games and Cowboys games weren't close and like I said I know the Colts have improvements that need to be made but this team is not nearly as bad as someone seem to want it to be. 

Calling Colts fans spoiled is getting pretty tired and cliche. 

Seriously.

We only put up 7 points in the AFC championship. Every single one of us (true fans) felt we had a legitimate chance at giving the Pats a really good fight if we played like we did the previous two games. The pats didn't change their game plan at all, and did the same thing to us they did every other time. Over and over and over.

Pretty sure we have a right to question and gripe about that.

Do you not think the Green Bay fans are griping at all? Are they getting called spoiled? 

Besides, if you read comments anywhere at all about the whole deflategate thing, just about every (real) Colts fan admits that the deflating football thing wouldn't have won us the game with the way we played. I agree the Pats need punished for cheating, but I'm not saying the outcome of the game would've been much different. Even Dwayne Allen admitted tha

been 3 year rebuilding  lost too NE was a wake up call too remind you still need too get better players. you have baby steps in right way so far moving forward too a sb . rome was not built in a day . see in 2017 sb . if get right players.

Let's just be realistic with ourselves here.. We play in one of the worst divisions in football that essentially provides us with 6 "free" wins each year and an auto home game in the playoffs. So no, just making the playoffs really isn't a big deal for us at all.

I think we any intelligent football fan can agree that the QB is by far the most important position. If we had had the same success over the past ~15 years with average qbs that is something to be really proud of, but when you had possibly the GOAT at qb for 13 years and you only win 1 SB, that is a massive disappointment. Us colts fans that are "overreacting" just don't want to see our franchise WASTE the career of another potentially all time great QB.

Let's just be realistic with ourselves here.. We play in one of the worst divisions in football that essentially provides us with 6 "free" wins each year and an auto home game in the playoffs. So no, just making the playoffs really isn't a big deal for us at all.

I think we any intelligent football fan can agree that the QB is by far the most important position. If we had had the same success over the past ~15 years with average qbs that is something to be really proud of, but when you had possibly the GOAT at qb for 13 years and you only win 1 SB, that is a massive disappointment. Us colts fans that are "overreacting" just don't want to see our franchise WASTE the career of another potentially all time great QB.

amen brother , under manning had below avg defense  cost us sb's  fact . have a top offense proves zero in sb wins.  ne wins sb's because they had defense same with Seattle.

1. While the Titans and Jags are a hot mess if the Texans win one of the two games against the Colts this year they are in the playoffs so they are not an automatic win. Also just about every division in football has at least one team that is an automatic win for the divison champion. The Colts get an extra team but that's not a big deal.

2. We didn't just make the playoffs we won two games and were a game away from the Super Bowl. That's a pretty good season.

3. We didn't just waste the career of Manning the Colts won at a level that was never seen in the NFL before other than playoffs, which judging by Manning's playoff struggles in Denver i don't think it was all the Colts fault. Also, if you are going to say the Manning years were a waste because of lack of postseason success I refer you back to point two. The Colts are way ahead of where they were with Manning in terms of post-season success by year three. Luck and company already have three playoff wins. Manning and Company didn't have that many until 2004 or seven years into his career. So this idea of they are repeating Manning over again in terms of the post-season is false and if they repeat those years over again in the regular season we could only be so lucky.

1. Considering Luck has only lost 2 divisional games (both rookie yr) and one was on a complete fluke play by the jags at the end, I'm gonna go ahead and stick with that we have minimum 5 free wins every year, most likely 6. I would be shocked if we didn't have a home playoff game almost every year of Lucks career.

2. Look I'm just trying to be realistic here.. The bengals were without their best player (AJ) and have dalton as their QB. That's a decent win at best. Same with the Chiefs game last year. They have alex smith as their QB and they lost charles (and nearly the rest of their team in that game) early. The win against Denver this year was solid but cleary manning was badly injured as he was nowhere near where he was last year.

3. We just need to face the fact that we have been a one man franchise for 15 years, and that has covered up soooo many flaws. Even our best teams would barely break .500 with a Dalton or Alex Smith level QB. Our supporting cast has always been trash and it's really a shame. I think I speak for a lot of colts fans when I say I'm terrified we are going to make the same mistakes again that we did with peyton. Seriously, how many times have we all seen that exact same patriots/colts game?? Can't run, can't stop the run, they rush 3 drop 8 yada yada, QB is forced to do everything and is forced into mistakes... You can win a ton of regular season games as a one man team (like we did) but you can't win multiple SBs like that.

1. Considering Luck has only lost 2 divisional games (both rookie yr) and one was on a complete fluke play by the jags at the end, I'm gonna go ahead and stick with that we have minimum 5 free wins every year, most likely 6. I would be shocked if we didn't have a home playoff game almost every year of Lucks career.

2. Look I'm just trying to be realistic here.. The bengals were without their best player (AJ) and have dalton as their QB. That's a decent win at best. Same with the Chiefs game last year. They have alex smith as their QB and they lost charles (and nearly the rest of their team in that game) early. The win against Denver this year was solid but cleary manning was badly injured as he was nowhere near where he was last year.

3. We just need to face the fact that we have been a one man franchise for 15 years, and that has covered up soooo many flaws. Even our best teams would barely break .500 with a Dalton or Alex Smith level QB. Our supporting cast has always been trash and it's really a shame. I think I speak for a lot of colts fans when I say I'm terrified we are going to make the same mistakes again that we did with peyton. Seriously, how many times have we all seen that exact same patriots/colts game?? Can't run, can't stop the run, they rush 3 drop 8 yada yada, QB is forced to do everything and is forced into mistakes... You can win a ton of regular season games as a one man team (like we did) but you can't win multiple SBs like that.

its four, that other loss came to the Texans and frankly the Texans should have beaten them last year in Houston and came very close twice this year. Those weren't give mes.

Peyton Manning's Colts couldn't beat jay fielder and the Dolphins or even score on Chad Pennington and the Jets in the playoffs before he won a playoff game. So you can down grade the Colts playoff wins because you don't think they were good teams in you want but at least Luck's Colts are beating those teams in the playoffs that's more than Manning could say at this point in his career. Again Luck and these Colts are well a head of Manning's Colts in the post season because they are having post season success early in his career unlike Peyton.

Marvin Harrison, Edge, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, and Jeff Saturday seem to suggest that the idea that Manning's Colts were a one man team was false.

As for this year they produced seven Pro-bowlers only two came on offense so yes they have some other talent. It showed by helping them win two playoff games and getting to the AFC Title game.

This team has flaws I don't think anyone would question that. I agree the front seven on defense needs to be reworked. Getting Mathis back should help the pass rush. The corners are as good as any group as you will find in the league from 1-3. They need to add at least one safety though maybe two depending on what they do with Adams. On offense I think you are a guard, a running back away, and maybe a WR away. That's one solid draft class and a good free agency class away. Get one or two more wins next season and make teams come to LOS in the playoffs and next year might be super. They are close and much closer than just about anyone thought they would be three years after 2011.

I am spoiled.  I love the Colts, I love winning every year again.  I think we are going to win a couple of Super Bowls.  I have an awesome wife and kids.  I am retired and in great heath.  I am the most spoiled man on earth!  Did I mention the best Colts Friends EVER!!!!  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :pass:  :dog:  :heart:

I am spoiled.  I love the Colts, I love winning every year again.  I think we are going to win a couple of Super Bowls.  I have an awesome wife and kids.  I am retired and in great heath.  I am the most spoiled man on earth!  Did I mention the best Colts Friends EVER!!!!  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :pass:  :dog:  :heart:

nothing wrong with being spoiled if you recognize it and enjoy it and from the sounds of it you are spoiled in ways way more important than Colts football. We can all hope to be as lucky!

nothing wrong with being spoiled if you recognize it and enjoy it and from the sounds of it you are spoiled in ways way more important than Colts football. We can all hope to be as lucky!

Thank you for the kind words.  I had gotten a little cranky with a couple of new posters...and some old ones too.  Life is too full of blessings!  

Let's set this straight, right here, right now.

We are not rebuilding, 2012 was the rebuild and we got it done in one year. That's it, end of story.

For the past 2 seasons this team has climbed to the #4 seed in the AFC. We are there. This is not a team of rookies, this team is a contender and I (and a lot of other fans) think that this team should go all the way. There is absolutely no reason for people on this board claiming that this team isn't good enough to get us the Lombardi.

There is also no reason for people to to think that this isn't the same situation that we were in for the last decade, an all-pro carry the team QB, lugging around a swiss cheese defense. Where did that get us? That got us 2 SB births and 1 SB victory in that era. Is that respectable? Sure, maybe, but what could have been had the coaches and GM put together a fierce defense to go with this high powered offense? The point of learning history is to not repeat the same mistakes, and for now we are walking down the same mistake ridden trail we once walked before.

So please excuse my negativity when nothing is done to stop the bleeding on an open wound.

I think this is the biggest problem right here, when Peyton was released along with others making large sums of money, the front office promises a more well rounded team.  They said we would focus on having a strong defense along with a good offense.  The offense is getting there, so I can understand that, granted the o-line and run game need work.  But it's obvious the FO has been trying in that area and the o-line has improved.  But the run defense/defense up the middle seems to have gotten worse.  This is where I am the most disappointed.

At least in the Peyton era, the team had an excuse for not having an elite defense, most of the money was spent on the offense.  The team had a very good offensive line, top receivers(which we aren't doing bad with), and TEs who made top money.  In reality Dungy did a very good job with the defense considering it had a much smaller share of the budget and I would actually say for the most part, it was better than now. 

Few teams/QBs win multiple superbowls.  I'm not saying we shouldn't strive for multiple superbowls and we shouldn't want to win multiple superbowls, but an expectation of winning multiple superbowls is a bit of a stretch

Also, Dalton isn't as bad a QB as some try to make him out to be.  Besides, that same Bengal team managed to come in 2nd place and were only a few plays away from actually winning the division that saw 3 of its 4 teams make the playoffs.  That same Bengal team without AJ Green put up over 500 yards against a good Carolina defense in the regular season the week prior to being dominated by the Colts.  The Bengals may not be a Patriot/Seahawk caliber team, but they're still a very good team.