Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting stat on the 2006 AFCCG broadcast

ColtsBlueFL

Im doing some paper work, and the 2006 AFCCG vs. the Pats is on.  We're down 21 - 3 with just over 2 minutes in the half.  Peyton is just beginning a scoring 2minute drill when they put a stat up on the Screen.  In 3 post season games vs. the Patriots up to that point, the Colts had 25 drives, 1 TD, and 9 turnovers.  Of course we come back to win that AFCCG game and go on to win the SB.  You are not defined by your past.  We can clean up (no turnover game) and compete.  I expect we will, and do well vs. the run.  Brady will get his, mostly likely in the pass game to Gronk.  But I feel that maybe some players aren't going to be as fired up as BB would like.  They have beat us soundly last 3 times (just like the team circa 2006) and probably feel like they won the Lamar Hunt trophy already after they came  back from the Ravens down 14 two different times.  I hope they coast into our game next Sunday lees than full intensity 'knowing the Colts are the E-Z road to the SB, right amfootball?

I feel we can compete and possibly steal this from Patriots.

I think our Colts are playing extremely hungry. Especially on the defensive side. I think the media is blaming Manning for us beating them, but our D-backs were getting pressure. Our D-line made the Broncos pass. We took away every facet of offense that the Broncos are comfortable with. We abused their receivers at the line. Peyton has always been about timing (especially now with diminished arm strength), and that has been well over looked. If we come out ticked off, looking to hit Brady, Gronk, and anyone else wearing that uniform, we win.

Brady and Belichick never overlook anyone and never give anything easy, contrary to what media says.

Whatever we get, we are going to have to earn it, period. Even in that 2006 AFCCG, Brady committed only 1 turnover in that final drive, that is it, that is why he is the best playoff QB because he does not turn it over easily.