Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Be careful what you wish for because it may just come true...

SC-Coltsfan

Of course we all wished Baltimore would have won but that doesn't mean we would have beaten them. I'm sure the majority of Patriot fans were pulling for us to beat Denver. The Patriot team would never admit it but I bet they were pulling for us also. Well they got us so let's just see what happens. I'm sure our team will use it as motivation.

With how much Andrew Luck gets disrespected in the ESPN( New England ) media. It would be awesome for him to beat Daltons team, Peytons team, Brady's team, and then either Rodgers or Wilson's team.

This could be a defining snapshot of a young Quarterbacks legacy.

Even though this is a team accomplishment, he will be measured by what happens in this playoff season. Even now, ESPN pundits slyly take shots at him for Dalton not rising to the occasion, "allowing Luck to luck out" in the Bengals game, and for not scoring 50 in the Denver game; according to Colin Cowherd, " Brady would have scored 50 against Denver". Colin Cowherd is giddy that Brady will be going to another Super Bowl against Seattle.

Give me the best opponent.  I want to take on the best teams at their best.  To be the best, you have to beat the best.  If you beat the Pats and they don't have Brady or Gronk, then it's kinda hard to say you really beat the #1 seed.  Give me the #1 seed at full strength against us at full strength and let's see who wins.  Some people say they want to avoid the Pats, but I don't agree with that.  To be the best, you have to beat the best.  For quite some time, the Pats have looked like the AFC's best team and looked like the league's best team for a while too.  If we beat them, we deserve to go to the Super Bowl.  If they beat us, then they deserve to go to the Super Bowl

With how much Andrew Luck gets disrespected in the ESPN( New England ) media. It would be awesome for him to beat Daltons team, Peytons team, Brady's team, and then either Rodgers or Wilson's team.

This could be a defining snapshot of a young Quarterbacks legacy.

Even though this is a team accomplishment, he will be measured by what happens in this playoff season. Even now, ESPN pundits slyly take shots at him for Dalton not rising to the occasion, "allowing Luck to luck out" in the Bengals game, and for not scoring 50 in the Denver game; according to Colin Cowherd, " Brady would have scored 50 against Denver". Colin Cowherd is giddy that Brady will be going to another Super Bowl against Seattle.

Cowherd doesn't think Luck is at Brady's level... yet, but actually the guy really likes Luck and rates him really high.  He was constantly praising him throughout the season. For the most part, most pundits on ESPN with any credibility, give Luck nothing but love.  Honestly I really can't blame ESPN for saying Pats over Colts, since the Pats have convincingly beat the Colts ever time they met in the Luck/Pagano era. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to beat the Patriots at Foxboro to go the Superbowl.  But until we have done it, I am not going to expect it.  

Cowherd doesn't think Luck is at Brady's level... yet, but actually the guy really likes Luck and rates him really high. He was constantly praising him throughout the season. For the most part, most pundits on ESPN with any credibility, give Luck nothing but love. Honestly I really can't blame ESPN for saying Pats over Colts, since the Pats have convincingly beat the Colts ever time they met in the Luck/Pagano era.

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to beat the Patriots at Foxboro to go the Superbowl. But until we have done it, I am not going to expect it.

You know it's funny...some people on ESPN will say Luck is a great young QB and in the same breath, talk about him in some form or fashion as an under achiever. I say this; Luck has played very well in the playoffs. He doesn't get enough credit.

Yeah Jim Fassell said he'll be the greatest, but that's from guys that coached the game. The talking heads that have shows every day disrespect his game. He's breaking all kinds of QB records, he goes into Denver and beats the Broncos in the playoffs, and he even had to prove he was better than Dalton. Yet nobody gives him credit.

The main problem is ESPN has a certain narrative, basically making this guy out to be some average QB. Over a long period of time that narrative can tarnish somebody's legacy. Look at what they say about Peyton; Oh he's great in the regular season. No matter what Peyton accomplished, the narrative was the same. Now the same thing is happening with Luck. That's why I hope he wins the Superbowl this year. Beating the four teams the Colts would have to beat, would cement it. It takes a total team effort to win the Superbowl, but Luck will be measured by his wins and losses in the post season.