Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes played today....

Imped

I'm surprised nobody has talked about this. They used him as an extra blocking TE most of the day. He looked good from my POV at the game.....powerful, engaged and held blocks well, and he looked light on his feet.

So, what's next for the forgotten man?

Nah. Harrison hasn't done bad enough to lose his job. In fact I thought Harrison had maybe his best game today.

When your best game includes a botched snap that nearly resulted in a turnover that's not a good thing for a center.

With that said I think the reason he's starting is that the Colts think they have something in him and that in the end he'll be better than Shipley or Holmes and the only to get him better is to play him and they are willing to take the lumps that come with playing a rookie center along the way thinking it will pay off down the road. 

When your best game includes a botched snap that nearly resulted in a turnover that's not a good thing for a center.

With that said I think the reason he's starting is that the Colts think they have something in him and that in the end he'll be better than Shipley or Holmes and the only to get him better is to play him and they are willing to take the lumps that come with playing a rookie center along the way thinking it will pay off down the road.

I forgot about that

But other than that I thought he played well.

If that's their reasoning, it's monumentally dumb. This is a playoff team and these lineman are protecting our franchise. The best players, regardless of position, need to be playing now, not the players who they think have the potential to be the best players. Now, if the players are very close in skill and play then sure go with the guy with the perceived better potential, otherwise, no.

If that's their reasoning, it's monumentally dumb. This is a playoff team and these lineman are protecting our franchise. The best players, regardless of position, need to be playing now, not the players who they think have the potential to be the best players. Now, if the players are very close in skill and play then sure go with the guy with the perceived better potential, otherwise, no.

It's not completely dumb.  I am not sure it's the choice I would make but this is a young team that is still building too.  This isn't like the old Manning teams that were pretty much going all in every year.  This is team that is still putting talent in place.  The fact they have been so good so quickly under Luck has been an added bonus.