Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Speculation] Welcome to Indy Ben Tate?

Dustin

I've never been all that high on Ben Tate.  I've never seen him do anything against the Colts and I wasn't impressed with him last year either.  I don't think he brings much more of an upgrade than any of the guys we already have.  I'm cool with Tipton who is big, young, and hungry.  I would like to see what he has. He and Boom Herron.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been all that high on Ben Tate.  I've never seen him do anything against the Colts and I wasn't impressed with him last year either.  I don't think he brings much more of an upgrade than any of the guys we already have.  I'm cool with Tipton who is big, young, and hungry.  I would like to see what he has. He and Boom Herron.

I've never been all that high on Ben Tate. I've never seen him do anything against the Colts and I wasn't impressed with him last year either. I don't think he brings much more of an upgrade than any of the guys we already have. I'm cool with Tipton who is big, young, and hungry. I would like to see what he has. He and Boom Herron.

Yeah, I wouldnt be upset if we lost Ben Tate. I like Zurlon Tipton in preseason and I think he can do well.

Those 2 hall of famers had very poor lines at times and still produced due to the type of backs they were. Tate is not the 2nd coming of them.

It wasn't meant to say HE is the second coming of them.......but rather if the colts had someone with that much talent behind a line that only pass blocks (and not all that great either) they wouldn't be producing either. T-Rich is a good RB, I think, but he just needs to have a little help to get more space. The Colts O-line gets bullied around and is never a group of the same guys for more than 2 weeks at a time due to injuries or poor play or whatever, fix the line and then evaluate where the RB situation is.

I think that the talent is there, but the coaching isn't making it work. There are teams with much worse lines who are doing more.

Bingo!

Stubborn coaches we have indeed.

Moncrief

Newsome

Shipley

And plenty others deserve more playing time than they're getting/need to start but nope...... Same old same old Colts