Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officiating

coltsfanmilyman

He doesn't bother me.  Its one thing for an announcer to favor a team...fine.  But what motivates him to ignore the obvious to favor one team? 

Is it part of the NFL's corporate objective and he's one of its propaganda machines?  Even bad announcers aren't usually that biased towards one team...there has to be something more to it.

yeah I was sick of listening to Collinsworth want to have butt babies with everything Patriots

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You made my point for me. He punked him all the way across the field. The nation saw it. Let it go there. No need for him to keep going 7 yards out of bounds. What if when Sergio hit the crane, he was injured seriously. Its one thing to be injured on a freak play(unfortunate for your te) but a complete different thing where a player drives him out of the field of play into something. That's my beef.

Honestly I don't think Gronk was fully aware of where the boundary line was, he just had fire in his eyes and wanted to punk Sergio until the whistle blew

I don't think even for a second that he intended to injure him in any way, he just wanted to dominate him

You made my point for me. He punked him all the way across the field. The nation saw it. Let it go there. No need for him to keep going 7 yards out of bounds. What if when Sergio hit the crane, he was injured seriously. Its one thing to be injured on a freak play(unfortunate for your te) but a complete different thing where a player drives him out of the field of play into something. That's my beef.

You're right it's unfortunate to get injured in a freak play, but these guys are running on pure adrenaline and testosterone... Sergio was in his face talking trash about his injury all game long. . So finally Gronk got tired of hearing it and "snapped"

It wasn't that bad of a play.. Def should have been flagged but these people screaming for an ejection are just shooting off the hip based on pure emotion

He doesn't bother me. Its one thing for an announcer to favor a team...fine. But what motivates him to ignore the obvious to favor one team?

Is it part of the NFL's corporate objective and he's one of its propaganda machines? Even bad announcers aren't usually that biased towards one team...there has to be something more to it.

Your one of the few. He's not a huge colts fan, never has been. He was better on inside the nfl or whatever he was on. Keep him out the booth

Gronk is a punk and what he did was malicious and his intent was to try and hurt Brown... if it wasn't he would have thrown him to the ground instead of pushing him to a piece of equipment and then doing it.  Pretty chicken ***t of Gronk to do it after the whistle blows but that is the kind of thing a punk does.

That being said, IMO it's up to Brown, in that situation, to grow a pair and stop it.  If he can't stop it, well then he shouldn't be running his mouth.

You're right it's unfortunate to get injured in a freak play, but these guys are running on pure adrenaline and testosterone... Sergio was in his face talking trash about his injury all game long. . So finally Gronk got tired of hearing it and "snapped"

It wasn't that bad of a play.. Def should have been flagged but these people screaming for an ejection are just shooting off the hip based on pure emotion

Trash talking happens every game. But you know what doesn't happen every game? Someone snapping and pushing somebody into the CBS television crane on national television to hurt that person. Gronkowski has some serious anger issues and if the league doesn't bat an eye at what he did on the field last night, then he should consider himself very lucky without possible huge fine.

Gronk is a punk and what he did was malicious and his intent was to try and hurt Brown... if it wasn't he would have thrown him to the ground instead of pushing him to a piece of equipment and then doing it. Pretty chicken ***t of Gronk to do it after the whistle blows but that is the kind of thing a punk does.

That being said, IMO it's up to Brown, in that situation, to grow a pair and stop it. If he can't stop it, well then he shouldn't be running his mouth.

By definition Sergio was the punk for running his mouth all game.. he just couldn't back it up and Gronk humiliated him.

And no, there is no evidence you could ever get that would prove or make me believe that Gronk was trying to injure him by blocking and shoving him out of bounds

Trash talking happens every game. But you know what doesn't happen every game? Someone snapping and pushing somebody into the CBS television crane on national television to hurt that person. Gronkowski has some serious anger issues and if the league doesn't bat an eye at what he did on the field last night, then he should consider himself very lucky without possible huge fine.

He has no history whatsoever of anger issues or trying to injure other players, that is just an exaggerated claim by emotional Colts fans.

Bottom line, if you don't want to get humiliated on national television, blocked 35+ yards down field and shoved into the camera crew on the sidelines, then don't run your mouth all game to a vastly superior athlete.

He does?

Show me one other such incident.

He has no history whatsoever of anger issues or trying to injure other players, that is just an exaggerated claim by emotional Colts fans.

Bottom line, if you don't want to get humiliated on national television, blocked 35+ yards down field and shoved into the camera crew on the sidelines, then don't run your mouth all game to a vastly superior athlete.

You know how hypocritical you sound? It's sickening. Trash talk happens in every game but violently attacking that player off the sideline into the TV cart is UNACCEPTABLE! Who gives a rats butt if that person is a vastly superior athlete, how does that even matter? You are making this out to be okay that he was pushed into that cart and deserved it because he was running his mouth. That is just absolutely sickening.

He has never done anything like that before. Whatever Brown was saying to him must have been severe.

He has never done anything like that before. Whatever Brown was saying to him must have been severe.

Nothing he could've said justified that. You let your play speak for yourself. He came across as a classless jerk. It's oh so impressive when a big guy pushes down a small guy.

He does?

Show me one other such incident.

We only have one video proving that Ray Rice is a wife beater. You don't need two pieces of evidence to prove someone is guilty. Gronk obviously needs thicker skin and some self control if that was his reaction to someone running their mouth.

Nothing he could've said justified that. You let your play speak for yourself. He came across as a classless jerk. It's oh so impressive when a big guy pushes down a small guy.

I don't know. It was one play. The game is emotional. Who knows what Brown was saying to him but you can't just excuse him and say nothing should drive a player over the edge. I agree Gronk went overboard and was penalized for it but it was on incident. Does not mean he is a bad guy all of a sudden.

I don't know. It was one play. The game is emotional. Who knows what Brown was saying to him but you can't just excuse him and say nothing should drive a player over the edge. I agree Gronk went overboard and was penalized for it but it was on incident. Does not mean he is a bad guy all of a sudden.

Here is the thing. Yeah it's upsetting when someone is mouthing off to you. Sometimes you want to curb stomp that person but you don't. Gronk should've knocked him on his butt on the field. It doesn't make you a bigger man to cheap shot a guy, it actually makes you less of a man.

You know how hypocritical you sound? It's sickening. Trash talk happens in every game but violently attacking that player off the sideline into the TV cart is UNACCEPTABLE! Who gives a rats butt if that person is a vastly superior athlete, how does that even matter? You are making this out to be okay that he was pushed into that cart and deserved it because he was running his mouth. That is just absolutely sickening.

It's okay and he deserved to be humiliated and shoved out of bounds, but you're being overly dramatic with the emphasis on the camera cart and suggesting that Gronk was purposely lining him up and intentionally shoved him into it.

He intentuonnaly shoved him out of bounds, but the cart being there was an unfortunate coincidence

If Sergio taunted Gronk about how he broke his arm, I have no problem with Gronk's response.

That's a big if. You have no proof of what Sergio may have said. A real professional athlete would not lower himself to their level because he got his feelings hurt. I'm not saying what Sergio did is applaudable, but what Gronkowski did was way worse and is sickening to see that in professional sports.

If Sergio taunted Gronk about how he broke his arm, I have no problem with Gronk's response.

So say they meet again in the playoffs and Gronk taunts Sergio about pushing him into the tv jib. Is it okay for Sergio to take out Gronk's knee?

That's a big if. You have no proof of what Sergio may have said. A real professional athlete would not lower himself to their level because he got his feelings hurt. I'm not saying what Sergio did is applaudable, but what Gronkowski did was way worse and is sickening to see that in professional sports.

Gronk apparently still thinks he's a Frat guy, or the Captain of the Football team in high school. There are more mature kids at middle schools than that guy.

He intentuonnaly shoved him out of bounds, but the cart being there was an unfortunate coincidence

What is wrong with you? Honestly? He should not have even done it to begin with. I don't care that the camera cart was there in that specific spot and he happened to land on it, you just don't do that, at all.

So say they meet again in the playoffs and Gronk taunts Sergio about pushing him into the tv jib. Is it okay for Sergio to take out Gronk's knee?

I normally don't wish an injury on a player, but after what Gronk did, I'd have no problem if that happened.....noone else on the Pats, just him.

We only have one video proving that Ray Rice is a wife beater. You don't need two pieces of evidence to prove someone is guilty. Gronk obviously needs thicker skin and some self control if that was his reaction to someone running their mouth.

If someone else on another team runs their mouth, I hope he does the same thing to them.

I love how all these punk players over the years have talked before, during and after games against the Pats... anD the Pats are never ones to initiate any of this but they do finish it and then everyone screams how they're in fact the classless punks..

Don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash, period. You call out or talk trash to the Pats, they'll punch you right in the mouth and take your lunch money, end of story.

It's okay and he deserved to be humiliated and shoved out of bounds, but you're being overly dramatic with the emphasis on the camera cart and suggesting that Gronk was purposely lining him up and intentionally shoved him into it.

Good God are you 11 years old? "That mean man was talking about my arm brace so I shoved him into the camera machine!" 

If someone else on another team runs their mouth, I hope he does the same thing to them.

I love how all these punk players over the years have talked before, during and after games against the Pats... anD the Pats are never ones to initiate any of this but they do finish it and then everyone screams how they're in fact the classless punks..

Don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash, period. You call out or talk trash to the Pats, they'll punch you right in the mouth and take your lunch money, end of story.

Cool, I'm happy you support bullying and being a lesser man. Trash talking is childish, Gronk's response was infantile much like your mindset.

Yeah, look how well that worked for Aaron Hernandez. That punk was talking trash to Aaron, so glad Aaron shot him in the back of the head because that's what you get. :blah:

I'm sorry, was Sergio hurt on that play?

No?

Then your comparison is a complete failure, isn't it?

He could've been hurt bad. If you've never operated a jib before you obviously aren't aware of their construction. It's not made of bubble wrap and foam latex. 

I mean if Sergio aims low and doesn't mean to blow out his knee it's just coincidental according to you guys.

Yeah, look how well that worked for Aaron Hernandez. That punk was talking trash to Aaron, so glad Aaron shot him in the back of the head because that's what you get. :blah:

Aaron Hernandez, Spy Gate, and the bogus tuck rule were made up by Hollywood. You should know that.

Here is the thing. Yeah it's upsetting when someone is mouthing off to you. Sometimes you want to curb stomp that person but you don't. Gronk should've knocked him on his butt on the field. It doesn't make you a bigger man to cheap shot a guy, it actually makes you less of a man.

I don't know. It is football. He was shoving him right at the whistle and they cascaded out of bounds. I have seen so much worse like Suh stepping on the face of the Packer Olineman ... and again if Brown was talking about his forearm then I don't blame him. Things often get settled on the field ...

Good lord...  Get over it.  Gronk put him on his butt because he was talking.  ANY grown man would've done the same.  If you are going to run your mouth prepare for someone to give you consequence.  Also Pats fans don't defend him, Gronk put it to him that is it. Dirty, or illegal, or whatever it still was extracurricular no justification needed.  He got flagged for it (like he should have) and call it done.  What Sergio should have been doing was shutting his big mouth and start yelling at himself and the rest of the defense who forgot how to tackle and get physical, because the whole defense got thrown like that every single play.

Good lord...  Get over it.  Gronk put him on his butt because he was talking.  ANY grown man would've done the same.  If you are going to run your mouth prepare for someone to give you consequence.  Also Pats fans don't defend him, Gronk put it to him that is it dirty, or illegal, or whatever it still was extracurricular no justification needed.  He got flagged for it (like he should have) and call it done.  What Sergio should have been doing was shutting his big mouth and start yelling at himself and the rest of the defense who forgot how to tackle and get physical, because the whole defense got thrown like that every single play.

Well said.

I don't know. It is football. He was shoving him right at the whistle and they cascaded out of bounds. I have seen so much worse like Suh stepping on the face of the Packer Olineman ... and again if Brown was talking about his forearm then I don't blame him. Things often get settled on the field ...

That's not really a leg to stand on.

Good lord...  Get over it.  Gronk put him on his butt because he was talking.  ANY grown man would've done the same

No, any mature level headed man would not have done the same. It takes a special kind of scumbag to use physical retaliation. You know how you shut that guy up? With your actions on the field. Physical retaliation just makes you look lame and childish.

By definition Sergio was the punk for running his mouth all game.. he just couldn't back it up and Gronk humiliated him.

And no, there is no evidence you could ever get that would prove or make me believe that Gronk was trying to injure him by blocking and shoving him out of bounds

Gronk was a punk long before that play.  And Brown may be a punk as well.

I know, there is no evidence that would make you change your preconceived ideas.  That is pretty typical of Patriots fans.  All I can say is watch the replay.  He has Brown engaged, when the whistle blows is when he drives him, not out of bounds but towards a piece of equipment and then picks him up and slams him down.  He has about 80lbs and quite a bit of strength on Brown, he could have done that at any point.

Like I said Gronk is a chicken ***t little punk but the incident was handled correctly on the field a 15 yard penalty, and if he gets fined for it, then like Gopats said, it would be money well spent.  I am more disappointed that a Colt player let himself be bullied like that any animosity towards Gronk for doing it.