Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts path to the super bowl

ponyboy

I'm dreaming a little but I'll throw out a scenario here...

Colts path to the Super Bowl involves avoiding NE in the playoffs (key here is that NE is #1 and Colts are #3 and really good AFC West runner-up at #5).  I really should insert a picture of Jim Mora here with a "PLAYOFFS??" caption.. but I'm still optimistic despite the bad game tonight.

Remainder of regular season

Win the remaining home games against Jacksonville, Washington, and Houston (a really big game now).  Beat the Titans on the road the last game of season.  Win one of Dallas or Cleveland on the road. That's would be 11-5 which might be good enough to get the #3 seed since the AFC Central will be beating up on each other down the stretch. [Realistic so far and some momentum]

#1 NE

#2 Denver or KC

#3 Colts

#4 AFC Central winner

#5 KC or Denver

#6 AFC Central runner-up or SD

Wildcard round

- Colts win wildcard at home against #6 seed. [Realistic]

- #5 KC or Denver take out the #4 seed. [Realistic]

Divisional round

- #5 KC or Denver travels to NE and wins. [Realistic]

- Colts win on the road in KC or Denver. [A stretch]

AFCC game

- Colts host the AFCC game against #5 (KC or Denver) and win. [Hey if we made it this far and playing at home, I'm calling it realistic that we win]

There will be a good team at #5 who could take out #4 in the wildcard round then -- hopefully -- take out NE in Foxboro.  Colts of course would have to beat #2 on the road then that #5 at home but I'd feel better about that than traveling to Foxboro.  After the last 3 games against NE I'm not feeling optimistic about facing them again.

I'm with you with not wanting to face NE again. I've had just about enough of them. We couldn't beat them here I don't wanna see them again at their place. Id rather face anybody else in the AFC. I don't see us making the SB this year tho. A whole lot would have to go right. We would need alot of luck... And I mean that in more ways than one. 

We're 6-4.

And I suspect we're going to lose one more game...    I don't know which team it will be?   Cleveland?   Dallas?   Houston?

Someone.

And we'll finish 11-5 for the third straight year.

The playoffs?    I have no idea...   guess it depends on who we draw.    But I'd like to think we'll win at least one game before we're eliminated....

We're 6-4.

And I suspect we're going to lose one more game...    I don't know which team it will be?   Cleveland?   Dallas?   Houston?

Someone.

And we'll finish 11-5 for the third straight year.

The playoffs?    I have no idea...   guess it depends on who we draw.    But I'd like to think we'll win at least one game before we're eliminated....

I must agree with You. 1 or even 2 losses are ahead, and we may end with winning a wild card game. Most likely we will meet Patriots again. this Colt is a good team, but they aren't conference-bound team. 

Of course I keep rooting for the team, but I don't have any illusion.

I don't think NE is a lock for the #1 seed yet. They have 4 difficult games coming up where the Broncos and Colts have an easier path. I could see NE losing to Green Bay, Detroit, or San Diego.

I could see NE losing to green bay, that's about it. If they lose to anyone else then they dropped a game they shouldn't have dropped. The way they are playing I think they finish 13-3 as the number one seed. 

Some times I wonder what planet some Colt fan's are from SB really after last night we where lucky to even make the playoff's. Pagano's  great MONSTER  D him and Grigson have assembled looks pathetic same old Colts D. 

I partly agree with you. I considered this game as a test for the Colts. we lost, so it makes no sense keep talking about SB or even being in competition for conference title. We lost to all elite opponents (NE, DEN, PHI and I'm taking here PIT too), so I really don't see how could we beat any quality team in the playoffs. As we'd meet most likely NE again in the playoffs we will be one and done again.

On the other hand questioning this team's ability making the playoffs is a little harsh IMO. 1 or 2 more losses is very likely, so we can crave a wild card spot, and I think we can win that game. But nothing more...