Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/07 "Around the NFL"

sb41champs

:blueshoe: There has already been one head coach fired this 2014 NFL season. Which NFL coach do you think is sitting on the "hottest seat" ??

Coughlin (again)

Sexy Rexy

trestman

Jim Harbaugh (even though he shouldn't be)

Riviera

i don't think they all get fired, but some will

Harbaugh's is the hottest, but  it shouldn't be.

I also think the the Smith's (Lovie and Mike) could be in trouble if their seasons keeping going poorly.  

See I don't know with Harbaugh (I assume we are talking about Jim and not John).  I hear a lot of speculation but I look at his record and I'm trying to figure out how in the world the management could excuse firing him.  I mean if I was a 49er's fan I would want to hear a really good reason why you just let go of a coach that is (currently) 40-15 in the regular season as the coach of the 49er's with 3 NFC Championship game appearances in 4 years and 1 SB appearance.  

Even if the 49er's don't even make the playoffs this year I would say "whoa pulling the trigger a little fast there".  And if they do make the playoffs I would ask how you could ever excuse that unless the coach did something truely horrible such as committing a violent crime.

But outside of the coach doing something horrible how could they ever excuse letting go of a coach with that kind of winning record, playoff appearances in all 4 years, 3 NFC championship appearances and a SB appearance?  How in the world do you explain that to your fans?

See I don't know with Harbaugh (I assume we are talking about Jim and not John). I hear a lot of speculation but I look at his record and I'm trying to figure out how in the world the management could excuse firing him. I mean if I was a 49er's fan I would want to hear a really good reason why you just let go of a coach that is (currently) 40-15 in the regular season as the coach of the 49er's with 3 NFC Championship game appearances in 4 years and 1 SB appearance.

Even if the 49er's don't even make the playoffs this year I would say "whoa pulling the trigger a little fast there". And if they do make the playoffs I would ask how you could ever excuse that unless the coach did something truely horrible such as committing a violent crime.

But outside of the coach doing something horrible how could they ever excuse letting go of a coach with that kind of winning record, playoff appearances in all 4 years, 3 NFC championship appearances and a SB appearance? How in the world do you explain that to your fans?

I would also factor in the Michigan job. I have to believe they would reach out to him and he would take a long, hard look at it.

But I agree it would be tough to explain to fans why they decided to can a coach with the track record that he has. You can't buy that kind of success.

I would also factor in the Michigan job. I have to believe they would reach out to him and he would take a long, hard look at it.

But I agree it would be tough to explain to fans why they decided to can a coach with the track record that he has. You can't buy that kind of success.

Yeah who could you hire that could do any better. 

Holy crap I was just looking him up on Wikipedia and I didn't know this but Jim Harbaugh coached San Diego in 2004 which is in the Pioneer Football League, the same conference that Valparaiso University is in.  I was in my senior year in 2004.  

We play them every year in what has been dubbed as "The Reformation Bowl"

I would agree that he might look at that Michigan job pretty hard, especially if 49er's management is hostile to him.  

Plus Michigan is pretty desperate I would imagine they would put up big dollars for a proven coach with Michigan ties like Harbaugh.

:blueshoe:   Rex Ryan - in a landslide !!  Team continues to lose and Rex can't keep his #*@* mouth shut !!

Mike Smith - his team suffered the same kind of injuries the Colts did last season - this season they are UNDER-performing !!

The Flacons have been brutalized by injuries this season also. Smith will get fired, but they should show Thomas Dimitroff the door too.