Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well....I guess Brady's arm isn't shot

LordHelpOurColts

I was going to bump the old thread, but, it was locked (shocker).

Anyways...the lord of the idiots is here

Brady didn't exactly throw any beautiful deep bombs. Broncos came out with a horrible game plan. You need to double team Gronk and not let him get a free release. Chris Harris needed to be on Edelman the whole game. Brady still can't throw further than down yards down the field by the sidelines. He's great at attacking the middle but that's why you make your defense be packed there. Colts will hopefully do a smarter job.

And for the record, I'm not saying Brady didn't play great, just saying there is still a clear weakness in his game that teams aren't exploiting like they earlier this year.

It is all about getting to the QB.    Denver did EVERYthing they could ...    NE just played great.    If not for some drops Brady would have had 6 TD's.   

Seriously people...     Sometimes a good team does get it's * wihipped.

Brady didn't exactly throw any beautiful deep bombs. Broncos came out with a horrible game plan. You need to double team Gronk and not let him get a free release. Chris Harris needed to be on Edelman the whole game. Brady still can't throw further than down yards down the field by the sidelines. He's great at attacking the middle but that's why you make your defense be packed there. Colts will hopefully do a smarter job.

And for the record, I'm not saying Brady didn't play great, just saying there is still a clear weakness in his game that teams aren't exploiting like they earlier this year.

I didn't see the game but one does not simply put on a clinic against the Broncos (unless you're Seattle). Credit to New England, they are, once again, the team to beat in the AFC.

Unrelated, and not taking a shot, but why is the Texans' secondary so terrible? 

Do you think Giants will be a tough game? I know it is in NY but Colts should handle them easily I think.

I think our defense gets back on track, but the Giants have had some good games over the past month. All it takes is a couple big plays here, a mistake there, and you're in trouble.

Unrelated, and not taking a shot, but why is the Texans' secondary so terrible?

A lack of depth and honestly only one corner who is worth a lick of spit. Guys like Lewis and Swearinger can make plays and intercept passes but far too often guys are getting burnt and blowing coverage. Made Sanchize look better than he actually is today despite the picks.

How is Davis doing?

He was declared to be 100% earlier this week, so I think he's fine. I hope so. If you were talking about his play, he's been really, really good this year. But I think you knew that already.

I'm more concerned with our defensive front, and how we cover the middle of the field. Especially in two weeks, because Rob Gronkowski is obviously back, and we have NO ONE who can come close to covering him. Matter of fact, we're pretty bad up the middle of the field. We made Owen Daniels look like a Pro Bowler, and Julius Thomas looked like a first ballot HOFer. 

A lack of depth and honestly only one corner who is worth a lick of spit. Guys like Lewis and Swearinger can make plays and intercept passes but far too often guys are getting burnt and blowing coverage. Made Sanchize look better than he actually is today despite the picks.

Swearinger seems much better at laying hits than actually covering receivers. But yeah, that back end has been Texas Toast lately.

Sanchez played with a lot of confidence, though. He came in and looked like he had a point to prove. He never had a receiving corps like that in NY, aside from a few games where Braylon Edward and Santonio Holmes were on their games. I'll be interested to see how he does if he gets the start next week. They're at home against the Panthers, and Foles apparently has a broken collar bone, sooo...

Swearinger seems much better at laying hits than actually covering receivers. But yeah, that back end has been Texas Toast lately.

Sanchez played with a lot of confidence, though. He came in and looked like he had a point to prove. He never had a receiving corps like that in NY, aside from a few games where Braylon Edward and Santonio Holmes were on their games. I'll be interested to see how he does if he gets the start next week. They're at home against the Panthers, and Foles apparently has a broken collar bone, sooo...

Yeah, Swear is all about the hits. One of those thumpers who is meant to intimidate but isn't exactly the best at coverage or wrapping up.

You are right about Sanchez though. I saw some of his Southern Cal confidence today, I'm not sure where the Panthera defense is this year but Philly has playmakers to help him out. Sucks for Foles though, Idk it was that bad.

Yeah, Swear is all about the hits. One of those thumpers who is meant to intimidate but isn't exactly the best at coverage or wrapping up.

You are right about Sanchez though. I saw some of his Southern Cal confidence today, I'm not sure where the Panthera defense is this year but Philly has playmakers to help him out. Sucks for Foles though, Idk it was that bad.

Swearinger sounds like Landry.

He was declared to be 100% earlier this week, so I think he's fine. I hope so. If you were talking about his play, he's been really, really good this year. But I think you knew that already.

I'm more concerned with our defensive front, and how we cover the middle of the field. Especially in two weeks, because Rob Gronkowski is obviously back, and we have NO ONE who can come close to covering him. Matter of fact, we're pretty bad up the middle of the field. We made Owen Daniels look like a Pro Bowler, and Julius Thomas looked like a first ballot HOFer. 

Glad to hear that. He has been great this season and the team was not the same without him vs the Steelers.

How do you see the Giants game going? They have some big TEs too. Actually their offense reminds me a lot of the Pats.

Peyton's arm strength is not good enough for the ball to cut through that cold and damp air, easier to notice objectively when he is not with the Colts anymore.

Brady's throw on a 4th down they went for (and completed) vs Peyton's throw on a 4th down that they went for (and failed) told me what I needed to know. Plus another comeback for Sanders where a split second late Peyton throw gave the DB the chance to render it incomplete, another example of why Brady flourishes and is hard to intercept primarily because of arm strength.

Only way to beat the Pats is to mess up their O-line and make it a 60 minute game.

• 1 month later...

TAPLOOK                                                               Member

•                           LocationSoCa                      
  •                                              Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

They remind me of the Patriots first SB winning team.