Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Moncriefs inspiring story

feedmoncrief

Grew up in the town of Raleigh Mississippi. A 3A high school in one of the poorest counties, in one of the poorest counties in the nation. A 3 star recruit, he committed to Ole Miss and his sophomore year he dominated with the phrase "Feed Moncrief" becoming very popular including a song that was written (check it out on youtube but it kinda sucks but its fun) he has a daughter and left for the draft early in order to support her and his family. 

I love the reason why he left for the draft. He knew he would't be a first round pick but he did it to get the money to support his family. I don't care what people say about him leaving early, but I think he has one of the few legitimate reasons to leave for the money.

Love the way he has played, and he plays with emotion. Hell just check out how he blocks on running plays (I.E. 4th quarter against the Jaguars). Gives it his all, and hope to see more of him 

A lot of poorer kids with talent leave early because they need the money now and not later.  It's sad really.  Especially when you consider for those same kids they would likely have improved their draft stock by staying another year.

2014 was a loaded draft for WR's. . . Moncrief in the 2015 draft, probably goes quite a bit higher.  I'd have to think he'd at least go in the 2nd round.  

He has a great story. Leaving early for the draft to support his family. His father hasn't worked for the past few years because he suffers from a bone disease. He has a daughter but I believe the mother and him aren't together. So that's gotta be tough. I'm happy to see him make that decision and see it work out well for him. He's already showing to be a great asset to the Colts, especially after his breakout game last weekend against the Steelers. I feel he will be our future #1 or #2 due to his size and athleticism. It's a toss up because him and TY Hilton are both stars and will both get many targets more than likely.