objectivecoltsfan

Question for Season Ticket Holders  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew for 2012?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe-I want to see what happens with Manning
    • Haven't decided yet

Really, you stuck it out with Dowhower, and Infante but bail now?

Yeah. 0-10 starts, 3-13 seasons (2), 1-15 season, one and DONEGIES, outcoached in the last Super Bowl. Rusting at 14-0,

This club is playing the worst football I have ever seen in the NFL. And Caldwell is one reason why. Dungy did us no favor with this guy. And this is IMMEDIATELY correctable.

STH since 1984. Have 9 tickets together on 2 rows. 4 behind 5. If Caldwell is here in February when I get the bill for $7,000 +, they are gone.

Okay, so lets say Caldwell is back and you don't renew and say the Colts go 11-5 or 12-4 make the playoffs and even make the SB next year which is possible, would you then buy ST the following season or just never buy them again?

The chances of the Colts winning a Super Bowl anytime in the near future are slim to none.

Why is that? If Peyton comes back 100% healthy and we get some really good picks in the draft why can't a team that went 14-2 and 10-6 in 2009 and 2010 can't get back to say 10-11 or 12 wins next year?

Why is that? If Peyton comes back 100% healthy and we get some really good picks in the draft why can't a team that went 14-2 and 10-6 in 2009 and 2010 can't get back to say 10-11 or 12 wins next year?

Because this team's best players are getting old. The core of this team has continued to age because Lord Polian's drafting has been awful lately. We looking at probably losing either Wayne or Mathis, maybe some one else too if we draft a QB with the first pick. Peyton isn't the only one getting old.

Okay, so lets say Caldwell is back and you don't renew and say the Colts go 11-5 or 12-4 make the playoffs and even make the SB next year which is possible, would you then buy ST the following season or just never buy them again?

Let's say the Tampa Bay Bucs go to the Super Bowl the same year. Let's say we will then have season tickets there and be tailgaiting in the "fair weather" of Florida in Novenber and December....Lets me seeee....

Florida, Indiana, Florida, Indiana.....Let's say....

What the h.e.l.l. does "let's say" mean????

OBTW I will still 'own' the tickets in Indiana.....will you??? That is the theme of this thread. it is a thread addressing STHs. You one of us???

Because this team's best players are getting old. The core of this team has continued to age because Lord Polian's drafting has been awful lately. We looking at probably losing either Wayne or Mathis, maybe some one else too if we draft a QB with the first pick. Peyton isn't the only one getting old.

You are right but we will have 6-7 strong position picks this upcoming draft, more if they deal the number 1 pick to add to this team and I think looking at how well the 2010 draft went and the strong position we will have in the 2011 draft and how weak right now the AFC is there is no reason to think this franchise with a healthy Peyton can't be in contention for the SB next season.

Let's say the Tampa Bay Bucs go to the Super Bowl the same year. Let's say we will then have season tickets there and be tailgaiting in the "fair weather" of Florida in Novenber and December....Lets me seeee....

Florida, Indiana, Florida, Indiana.....Let's say....

What the h.e.l.l. does "let's say" mean????

OBTW I will still 'own' the tickets in Indiana.....will you??? That is the theme of this thread. it is a thread addressing STHs. You one of us???

You said if Caldwell returns you don't. I am asking you if Caldwell does return (which I think is about 50/50) and the Colts do well and make the playoffs and or make it all the way to the SB next season, would you then go back to being a ST holder for the 2013 season? Or are you out until Caldwell is gone no matter how well the team does?

I am not because I can't afford it but would if I could.

You said if Caldwell returns you don't. I am asking you if Caldwell does return (which I think is about 50/50) and the Colts do well and make the playoffs and or make it all the way to the SB next season, would you then go back to being a ST holder for the 2013 season? Or are you out until Caldwell is gone no matter how well the team does?

Suuuure you would

Suuuure you would

I would, I spend monies to drive back and forth from INdy to Cincy to see my Reds who have been horrible for 18 out of the past 20 seasons. I go to support my team no matter how they play. I am going to the Colt/TN game knowing we are probably going to lose because I can finally afford to go. If Colt tickets were available and affordable I would be down there every Sunday. Win or lose, good mag't or bad, horrible coach or good coach I support the team.

I have been a Colts fan all my life. Been to a few games at the RCA dome when we lived in Chicago. You guys are lucky to be living close to the team you root for so you can attend a lot of games. I am jealous.

Are season tickets available or do you go on a long list and wait years?

thanks,

Current waiting list is 10,000. My guess is that will be significantly shorter next year. Time to jump on board ! ! !

Current waiting list is 10,000. My guess is that will be significantly shorter next year. Time to jump on board ! ! !

I would be surprised if it drops by much, maybe 10% and you still have a waiting list. If I hit the lottery or find a job paying me around 50,000 plus a year I would get on that list, but right now even the cheapest ST are out of my price range. But if I can find some decent deals on stub hub again next year I will be going.

I would be surprised if it drops by much, maybe 10% and you still have a waiting list. If I hit the lottery or find a job paying me around 50,000 plus a year I would get on that list, but right now even the cheapest ST are out of my price range. But if I can find some decent deals on stub hub again next year I will be going.

Oh I could see the waiting list being down around 7,000 maybe lower going into next year. I think a lot of people are going to give them up.

I've never quite understood when people say this. For years I got a 2nd job, specifically to pay for my season tickets. I'm not saying that's for everyone, but everyone spends money the way they want to. If you really want season tickets, then do what it takes to get them. In my case, I got a 2nd job delivering pizzas...yes, delivering pizzas. That job alone gave me enough $$ to pay for my season tickets. I'm just saying if you really want tickets, then evaluate what it takes to get them.

15 years as STH, prices have doubled; FO continues to make same mistakes over and over,,,;they have quit on me several times and it is getting old; plus even if manning comes back you can buy tickets on game day in front of lucas oil for reduced amount;; plus I save $300 for the worthless preseason tickets; sorry colts your best days are behind you for a while to come...75% chance that as a family my entertainment $$ will probably go elsewhere!!

Oh I could see the waiting list being down around 7,000 maybe lower going into next year. I think a lot of people are going to give them up.

I think it could be around there if Peyton retires or is traded. But if Peyton comes back or is cleard to come back most will stick around because they know this team is back on top with him behind center.

I've never quite understood when people say this. For years I got a 2nd job, specifically to pay for my season tickets. I'm not saying that's for everyone, but everyone spends money the way they want to. If you really want season tickets, then do what it takes to get them. In my case, I got a 2nd job delivering pizzas...yes, delivering pizzas. That job alone gave me enough $$ to pay for my season tickets. I'm just saying if you really want tickets, then evaluate what it takes to get them.

I guessing that the cheapest season's tickets are well over $1000 for 1 person, and right now that is not in my budget, plus due to my present employment and it's hours I am unable to get a second job...and delivering pizzas wouldn't be an option for me because I would lose money on that job with how bad of gas milage my van gets....

I guessing that the cheapest season's tickets are well over $1000 for 1 person, and right now that is not in my budget, plus due to my present employment and it's hours I am unable to get a second job...and delivering pizzas wouldn't be an option for me because I would lose money on that job with how bad of gas milage my van gets....

First of all the cheapest season tickets are only $380. But when you are on the waiting list you would have to take whatever comes available or stay on the list.

Secondly, I think what TubaMan is saying is that people spend their money on things they want to spend money on and things that make them happy. What it comes down to is would you rather get season tickets or put a new roof on your house? Buy season tickets or cut back at Christmas time on spending? People can buy whatever they want, it just depends on what is important to them. One thing I was taught in an economics class in high school, and it is so true, is that I can buy anything that I want, I just might have to sacrifice some other things. Basically what he said was, if you want to buy a Lamborghini, then go for it, but only if that Lamborghini is more important to you than having a house or having anything to eat.

First of all the cheapest season tickets are only $380. But when you are on the waiting list you would have to take whatever comes available or stay on the list.

Secondly, I think what TubaMan is saying is that people spend their money on things they want to spend money on and things that make them happy. What it comes down to is would you rather get season tickets or put a new roof on your house? Buy season tickets or cut back at Christmas time on spending? People can buy whatever they want, it just depends on what is important to them. One thing I was taught in an economics class in high school, and it is so true, is that I can buy anything that I want, I just might have to sacrifice some other things. Basically what he said was, if you want to buy a Lamborghini, then go for it, but only if that Lamborghini is more important to you than having a house or having anything to eat.

Well said. And I sit in the lower level, 12 rows from the field and my tickets are only $79/game. Yes, I was saying exactly what was posted above. I understand why people make decisions to do other things, and that is fine. I just don't agree that season tickets are financially out of reach for the "regular person". Believe me, I don't make a ton of money in my job. I just decided that this is what I like to do, and can do without some other things. And even when money was tighter, if I wanted to keep my tickets I needed to bring more money in. It really IS that simple. And nothing is stopping a group of fans going together and buying a couple of seats and splitting the games; we have a few different groups right around us that do that. Just saying that there IS a way to do it if it means enough to you.

Well said. And I sit in the lower level, 12 rows from the field and my tickets are only $79/game. Yes, I was saying exactly what was posted above. I understand why people make decisions to do other things, and that is fine. I just don't agree that season tickets are financially out of reach for the "regular person". Believe me, I don't make a ton of money in my job. I just decided that this is what I like to do, and can do without some other things. And even when money was tighter, if I wanted to keep my tickets I needed to bring more money in. It really IS that simple. And nothing is stopping a group of fans going together and buying a couple of seats and splitting the games; we have a few different groups right around us that do that. Just saying that there IS a way to do it if it means enough to you.

Pre 2008 I would agree, but given the state of our economy now, many are struggling to just meet daily bills and finding secondary jobs is even tougher...

Pre 2008 I would agree, but given the state of our economy now, many are struggling to just meet daily bills and finding secondary jobs is even tougher...

I don't mean to be rude, but why is a person who claims to have never been to a game, being a fetured blogger in a question for season ticket holders topic? just curious.

I get what you are saying but this is a time when people need to decide what is more important for them. Making the house payment? Paying tuition for school? Car payment? Or Colts tickets? A lot of season ticket holders are not rich, but make room for season tickets by cutting back on other things. In my family, we don't go to a lot of movies, we don't take a lot of vacations, we don't go nuts buying thousand dollar TV's at Christmas time, but we have Colts tickets. We also live 3 hours away and sell a few games in order to offset the cost that way we get to pick the games we go to and we get playoff rights.

I have been a Colts fan all my life. Been to a few games at the RCA dome when we lived in Chicago. You guys are lucky to be living close to the team you root for so you can attend a lot of games. I am jealous.

Are season tickets available or do you go on a long list and wait years?

thanks,

One way to shortcut the waiting list is to buy directly from a season ticket holder. The rights are transferred to you and you become the proud owner of season tickets. The official program is here: http://colts.strmarketplace.com/