Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dakich Today... Spot On!

John Dee

He doesn't know crap about football though, for weeks and weeks of this epic failing team he was saying it was because of lack of talent, meaning the players suck. People called in talking about the coaches and he would blow them off, now maybe finally he sees the light and will jump on the get rid of the Colts coaches bandwagon.

However being a coach himself I can see where his bias for coaches come from.

maybe... BUT, he has had the same stance for the last 3 years... "team has no talent".

And was proven right, when the "cog" got pulled.

Call him and ask him...

239-1260

oops.. 239-1070 sorry...

When the Colts were in the Super Bowl..did Big D say we had no talent.? Really?

We have 12-13 of the same players starting now..right/?

Yes... who DID make a play for Indy to WIN the game?

Garcon drops the biggest pass of his life. Colt D.. nowhere to be found?

Wayne, sorry route ran equaling an INT...

It was all Manning.

where is Collie, Clark, Wayne, Addai, and the O ??????????????

and then were is the effort? From the rest?

Everyone in this organization is being exposed as "frauds"... No Manning is no good.

Yes... who DID make a play for Indy to WIN the game?

Garcon drops the biggest pass of his life. Colt D.. nowhere to be found?

Wayne, sorry route ran equaling an INT...

It was all Manning.

where is Collie, Clark, Wayne, Addai, and the O ??????????????

and then were is the effort? From the rest?

Everyone in this organization is being exposed as "frauds"... No Manning is no good.

What about the other 10 10-win seasons?

All frauds..? Really? . are you John D Harbaugh?

What about the other 10 10-win seasons?

All frauds..? Really? . are you John D Harbaugh?

Since 06 the talent level on this team has deteriorated to a pitiful level. And it is undeniable.

Tim Jennings, K Hayden, and R Brock are just a few examples of "productive" players who were kicked to the curb here in Indy........ WHY? They were not THAT expensive.

Just a poorly ran ORG. the last few years.

THE LAST FEW YEARS,

Since 06 the talent level on this team has deteriorated to a pitiful level. And it is undeniable.

Tim Jennings, K Hayden, and R Brock are just a few examples of "productive" players who were kicked to the curb here in Indy........ WHY? They were not THAT expensive.

Just a poorly ran ORG. the last few years.

THE LAST FEW YEARS,

.....and they'd have made up for losing Manning, Brackett and Clark.

Pulleesseee....

.....and they'd have made up for losing Manning, Brackett and Clark.

Pulleesseee....

Huh,... 2 CB's and a pass rushing DT/DE? Would the make a difference? You know nothing about the state of this team.

YES, they would have been worth at least a 3-3 record to begin the year.

but, Indy has no DB problems.

"lack of PRIDE, and INGENUITY" disturbing.

BINGO!!!!!!!

He just summed up my feelings on this team for the whole season.

No Pride, and No adjustments,

Indy is Tanking... Manning will not be back.

If they were tanking they wouldn't have played hard vs. the Panthers. They aren't tanking they are just really bad without Peyton Manning. I honestly think they are doing the best they can it's just honestly not good enough.

If they were tanking they wouldn't have played hard vs. the Panthers. They aren't tanking they are just really bad without Peyton Manning. I honestly think they are doing the best they can it's just honestly not good enough.

C'mon now GC... I respect your opinion on here more than most...

That said, Yes.... Indy played hard against a 2 win Panther team. Coming off of their only bye of the year.

What about the games inbetween KC and Carolina? NO Pride...

And after the next 2 weeks.... ughhh..

C'mon now GC... I respect your opinion on here more than most...

That said, Yes.... Indy played hard against a 2 win Panther team. Coming off of their only bye of the year.

What about the games inbetween KC and Carolina? NO Pride...

And after the next 2 weeks.... ughhh..

Getting beat and beat bad does not mean you aren't playing hard. It means you have a really bad team. I think the team quit in the Saints game, no NFL team gives up 60+ points without quiting some how. This is a bad team that most of the time they have a chance to make a play and they don't. That's what bad teams do. It doesn't mean they are tanking it, if they were tanking they wouldn't still be playing hard.

Getting beat and beat bad does not mean you aren't playing hard. It means you have a really bad team. I think the team quit in the Saints game, no NFL team gives up 60+ points without quiting some how. This is a bad team that most of the time they have a chance to make a play and they don't. That's what bad teams do. It doesn't mean they are tanking it, if they were tanking they wouldn't still be playing hard.

Ok... let's see how the boys do @NE and then Balt.......

This team's "core" players have checked out already. The next 2 weeks will be ugly, and if they get "historically" ugly..

Caldwell will have to go.

Ok... let's see how the boys do @NE and then Balt.......

This team's "core" players have checked out already. The next 2 weeks will be ugly, and if they get "historically" ugly..

Caldwell will have to go.

So let's how a team that is bad does against two of the better teams in the NFL and then judge if they are tanking or not? Um no, they are going to get blown out again that doesn't mean they are tanking it means they are a really bad football team right now which they are.

If the teams core's players had checked out why did Reggie make the extra moves to score a TD on Sunday? Why did Freeney and Mathis both play their best games of the season outside of the Steelers game on Sunday? Why is Jeff Saturday quietly having one of the best seasons in his career? The other core guys are hurt so it's hard to say they checked out.

I am not taking issue with the idea that this a bad a team and that a coaching change is going to happen at the end of the year. I am taking issue with the idea this team is tanking, they aren't tanking if they were tanking they would only be playing back ups and Caldwell probably would come back next year because tanking means you are planning to be bad which would mean Caldwell was doing exactly what they wanted him to do. They aren't planning to be bad they just are bad.

So let's how a team that is bad does against two of the better teams in the NFL and then judge if they are tanking or not? Um no, they are going to get blown out again that doesn't mean they are tanking it means they are a really bad football team right now which they are.

If the teams core's players had checked out why did Reggie make the extra moves to score a TD on Sunday? Why did Freeney and Mathis both play their best games of the season outside of the Steelers game on Sunday? Why is Jeff Saturday quietly having one of the best seasons in his career? The other core guys are hurt so it's hard to say they checked out.

I am not taking issue with the idea that this a bad a team and that a coaching change is going to happen at the end of the year. I am taking issue with the idea this team is tanking, they aren't tanking if they were tanking they would only be playing back ups and Caldwell probably would come back next year because tanking means you are planning to be bad which would mean Caldwell was doing exactly what they wanted him to do. They aren't planning to be bad they just are bad.

Hold on now....

Jax beat Balt...

KC had Pitt on the ropes

PRIDE is something that a statistic cannot measure. Jax has been "blown out" 1 time this season., the season opener,... against a "HEALTHY HOUSTON TEAM".

If Indy hangs in there with NE and Balt I will officially give the staff credit for keeping it together.

But I fear... "A NO type azzwhipping is in store"... both weeks.

Hold on now....

Jax beat Balt...

KC had Pitt on the ropes

PRIDE is something that a statistic cannot measure. Jax has been "blown out" 1 time this season., the season opener,... against a "HEALTHY HOUSTON TEAM".

If Indy hangs in there with NE and Balt I will officially give the staff credit for keeping it together.

But I fear... "A NO type azzwhipping is in store"... both weeks.

Jax couldn't have been blown out in the season opener by the Texans because we played the Texans that week...

Yeah we also had the Steelers on the ropes earlier this season what's your point?

We are worse than other teams that's why they beat us. Again we are a product of being a bad team. If we were tanking it would mean we were trying to lose. Clearly we played hard against the Panthers just last week and weren't trying to lose. That's why I don't buy the tanking theory because in order to buy you would to have to say we were only tanking against teams that were going to beat us anyways but yet we are still playing hard against teams that we have a chance against. That doesn't make sense. If we were tanking we would be getting blown out by teams like the Panthers yet we aren't. Pride means nothing if you have a major lack of talent which is what this team has. They play hard they just don't have the talent to beat teams. That's why they are going to get the first pick in the draft.

Jax couldn't have been blown out in the season opener by the Texans because we played the Texans that week...

Yeah we also had the Steelers on the ropes earlier this season what's your point?

We are worse than other teams that's why they beat us. Again we are a product of being a bad team. If we were tanking it would mean we were trying to lose. Clearly we played hard against the Panthers just last week and weren't trying to lose. That's why I don't buy the tanking theory because in order to buy you would to have to say we were only tanking against teams that were going to beat us anyways but yet we are still playing hard against teams that we have a chance against. That doesn't make sense. If we were tanking we would be getting blown out by teams like the Panthers yet we aren't. Pride means nothing if you have a major lack of talent which is what this team has. They play hard they just don't have the talent to beat teams. That's why they are going to get the first pick in the draft.

Ok sorry.. Houston blew INDY out week one...

Jax got waxed week 3 against the Jets. Their NEXT worse defeat is 13 points against the New Orleans Saints. Jax has been in every game they have played outside of week 2.

The Colts played tough through the KC week. They laid down every game after until Car.

Now... on to Indy's next few... The Colts will get blasted by NE. and then by Balt. (Jax beat Balt.)

Talk to me about pride after this NEXT 2 weeks. Because this next 2 games, and the rest of the season are all about PRIDE.

Tanking is not necessarily trying to lose..it's also not trying hard enough to win! Just like when we were 14-0..we didn't try to lose the last 2 games. We just didn't play the key players we needed to try our best to win. And everyone on this forum will call that tanking.

How many players at this point are really giving their all? I'm thinking there's alot of players on this team that are not willing to put their careers in jeopardy for a failed coaching staff. Do you want Austin Collie/Reggie,etc running routes over the middle putting his career on the line for a meaningless game/season? Do you think they really do at this point? Painter might be the guy trying the hardest because he has the least to lose.

Reggie made extra moves so he didn't get his head taken off and just happened to find himself with a path to the end zone after that. After a bye, Freeney and Mathis played great against the worst team we've played - they had no excuse for anything less! How do you measure how good a season a center is having?

Dakich knows NOTHING about Football. Zero, Nada, and every prediction he seems to make that is football related is wrong. Dude is an arrogant Jerk to boot. Hate the fact I even have to listen to that show to get Colts discussion at Lunch, as he is uber misinformed. No one is tanking, they just arent very good.

Dakich knows NOTHING about Football. Zero, Nada, and every prediction he seems to make that is football related is wrong. Dude is an arrogant Jerk to boot. Hate the fact I even have to listen to that show to get Colts discussion at Lunch, as he is uber misinformed. No one is tanking, they just arent very good.

I agree DD doesn't know football in general. But he does know "body language" and have vibe for the pulse of a team.

And tanking and "quitting" are 2 different things IMO.

Tanking implies purposely laying down.

this team has QUIT.

Quitting ............ giving up, because you can't win....

after reading some of the OP's post, I am not sure that isnt Dakich himself.....it wouldnt surprise me, as he often talks of visiting message boards on his show. If that is you Dakich, stick to basketball, and being not very good at that.

Whatever... see you all at 0-16

There were many who (even when the Colts were successful) were saying that, without Manning, the Colts were a 3 win team...

3 wins?...I guess they were too optimistic

maybe... BUT, he has had the same stance for the last 3 years... "team has no talent".

And was proven right, when the "cog" got pulled.

Call him and ask him...

239-1260

oops.. 239-1070 sorry...

he used to mock people who said peyton was everthing to the colts. now he claims he was being sarcastic. i'm a sarcastic *, and didn't sense any sarcasm at all, just snarky arrogance.

he used to mock people who said peyton was everthing to the colts. now he claims he was being sarcastic. i'm a sarcastic *, and didn't sense any sarcasm at all, just snarky arrogance.

100% agree.

Dan Dakic is the Bill O' Reilly of sports talk radio locally in terms of attitude. He will let his users call in, speak, cut them off or put their opinion down, end up saying that what he thinks is right, and move on to the next call. That is why I love listening and calling in to JMV, he gives his listeners the ear and does not treat them arrogantly whatsoever.

100% agree.

Dan Dakic is the Bill O' Reilly of sports talk radio locally in terms of attitude. He will let his users call in, speak, cut them off or put their opinion down, end up saying that what he thinks is right, and move on to the next call. That is why I love listening and calling in to JMV, he gives his listeners the ear and does not treat them arrogantly whatsoever.

You forgot his total love affair with Urban Meyer. :yuk:

100% agree.

But Chad both are sending "us" the same message...

They do it in a different way... but it is still the same signal.

But Chad both are sending "us" the same message...

They do it in a different way... but it is still the same signal.

That may be true but in this day and age, the medium is a big part of the message. I remember a media pastor telling me at church "the church can tend to tell the truth poorly while Hollywood can tell lies packaged wonderfully". I believe that it is not just what you say but how you say it is important. A listener feels more appreciated with JMV though both of them may end up stating the same thing. Dakic has a little Bob Knight old-school to him :), a little rough on the edges. One has to listen to him enough times and get past his medium to get to the message. For the casual listener, the patience may be a bit thin :).

Yep.... AND?

No Peyton = Nothing. this so called "core" group of ALL STARS.... :P Have been proven to be frauds.

Your forgetting a terrible QB = terrible team. Maybe one day receivers and TEs will pass to themselves and defenses will never tired from relentless 3 in outs.

There were many who (even when the Colts were successful) were saying that, without Manning, the Colts were a 3 win team...

3 wins?...I guess they were too optimistic

That's because the Colts never had a competent back up QB, not because they thought the rest of the team is trash.