Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Branden Oliver, RB

Girlzarefanstoo

Those of you Colts fans, did you know that apparently you guys had a shot at Branden in the UDFA frenzy after the draft?  I just read about this and then heard Tom Telesco interviewed about it today.  

The Chargers wanted him, contacted him immediately following the draft, but somehow lost touch with his agent in the craziness.  When an agent doesn't return calls, they assume the player has signed a contract.  I heard that the Colts were the other team working with him but didn't offer him a contract.  

Later in the week they realized he hadn't been signed and snapped him up.  SO glad we have him.  We wouldn't be 5-1 without him having stepped in the past 2 weeks.

he would have never played anyway even for you guys if it wasnt for some freak accidents

He wouldn't have played yet, but he would have eventually.  The front office and coaches literally didn't let him play too much in the preseason because they knew he'd be poached off of the practice squad.  

Reminds me of how we cut Wes Welker the last cut of the year before the season started.  The ones that get away always haunt you.  

He wouldn't have played yet, but he would have eventually.  The front office and coaches literally didn't let him play too much in the preseason because they knew he'd be poached off of the practice squad.  

if you say so

Oliver? Don't you know we have Trent Richardson?

*crickets*

After the draft we had already resigned Bradshaw, gave up a first round pick for Trent and Vick Ballard was healthy... We didn't need him then.

Not comparing, or even boasting or anything else.  I just found it interesting.  Something that *might* or *might not* be interesting down the road.  We didn't need him either - and the fans were not particularly happy that we kept 5 RBs.  They couldn't see the reasoning, but in the end it appears prescient.  

Not comparing, or even boasting or anything else.  I just found it interesting.  Something that *might* or *might not* be interesting down the road.  We didn't need him either - and the fans were not particularly happy that we kept 5 RBs.  They couldn't see the reasoning, but in the end it appears prescient.  

you dont predict losing three rbs

I bet they aren't complaining now.