Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deion Sanders: 49ers players want Jim Harbaugh out... could this be true?

Dr. Guildo

There are a lot of people who hate Pete with myself included. The guy is flat out lying when telling people he never would have gone pro if he knew there would be sanctions against USC. I believe that he knew they were coming & that is why he ran. I'm also not surprised he & Jim Harbaugh have issue because they are both a lot alike in the sense that they will use whatever means to win football games even looking the other way when players have issues.

I think you are letting your personal bias be your guide on all of your accusations.

Crabtree says its not true and Harbaugh denies it. Still, this story had to generate from something. It might be exaggerated, and it may not. It is true that there were trade talks between the Browns and SF for Harbaugh. When has that ever happened before? A couple of players who left SF have spoken quite disrespectfully about Harbaugh.

His coaching style may be better suited for college where a player moves on about the same time as he grows tired of Harbaugh's antics. Some players may not want to sign a long term contract if they know they have to put up with his nonsense that entire time.

I'd be willing to bet that Harbaugh won't be in SF after this season.

The weird thing is Deion is friends with Crabtree & and he seems to be the most likely source of whatever is coming out of that locker room. My guess is Deion did exaggerate things a bit to get people talking but there is something going on in the bay. 

Crabtree says its not true and Harbaugh denies it. Still, this story had to generate from something. It might be exaggerated, and it may not. It is true that there were trade talks between the Browns and SF for Harbaugh. When has that ever happened before? A couple of players who left SF have spoken quite disrespectfully about Harbaugh.

His coaching style may be better suited for college where a player moves on about the same time as he grows tired of Harbaugh's antics. Some players may not want to sign a long term contract if they know they have to put up with his nonsense that entire time.

I'd be willing to bet that Harbaugh won't be in SF after this season.

John Gruden who was the coach for the Raiders at the time was traded to Tampa for multiple draft picks for multiple Bucs draft picks and cash

John Gruden who was the coach for the Raiders at the time was traded to Tampa for multiple draft picks for multiple Bucs draft picks and cash

So, you can't think of one other time a coach has been either shopped, or traded? That must support my observation that Harbaugh's hold on his job must be tenuous, right?

So, you can't think of one other time a coach has been either shopped, or traded? That must support my observation that Harbaugh's hold on his job must be tenuous, right?

Herm Edwards...

Of course there was the Belichick and Parcells sagas which weren't trades as such but did set precedent for stealing a coach for draft picks.

I'm convinced that the players don't love Jim Harbaugh as much as other players loved Dick Vermeil but this has been blown out of proportion. I seen the blurb about Peyton's and Jim's game of catch and that "mustard" comment posted on the internet several times now. The sportswriter said you can guess how well that went over. Yeah...I can guess he was clearly joking and that Peyton clearly knew that. If any sportswriter knew of anything negative that Peyton Manning had to say about Jim Harbaugh for that comment then he would have spelled it out and basked in ever letter.......and he woukd have done it in 2012.

Its still happened, Maybe he will get fired.....I don't think that happens...But its possible

Herm Edwards...

Of course there was the Belichick and Parcells sagas which weren't trades as such but did set precedent for stealing a coach for draft picks.

Parcells was traded to NY for  a third and fourth round pick that year (1996) and a second round pick the next year (97) and first round draft choice the year after that (98). NE gave the Jets a first round pick for Belichick.

Parcells was traded to NY for  a third and fourth round pick that year (1996) and a second round pick the next year (97) and first round draft choice the year after that (98). NE gave the Jets a first round pick for Belichick.

My point was a trade implies both parties agreed to the deal before the fact wheras both these were picks awarded as compensation after league intervention. 

Parcells was a deal brokered by the league after the shady attempt to hire him as an "advisor" to Belichick. On a side note the groceries quote is one of my favourite. 

The Belichick pick was again awarded as compensation by the league as he was contracted to the Jets at the time of his move to the Patriots. 

My point was a trade implies both parties agreed to the deal before the fact wheras both these were picks awarded as compensation after league intervention. 

Parcells was a deal brokered by the league after the shady attempt to hire him as an "advisor" to Belichick. On a side note the groceries quote is one of my favourite. 

The Belichick pick was again awarded as compensation by the league as he was contracted to the Jets at the time of his move to the Patriots. 

You mean there were shady dealings between the Pats and Jets? ;)

I loved Parcells press conferences. I used to tune into them when he was with the Giants because he was so funny. I do miss him. Of course, I have to say that I do like Rex Ryan for the same reason. He is the perfect ying to Belichick's yang. Him making fun of Bill's "we are on to Cincinnati" this week was hilarious.

Six Degrees of Separation......

In other words...  How Every Thread eventually becomes a thread about the Pats on here.

Did you even bother to read the thread? It is not about the Patriots at all but about coaches being traded. And a Colts fan brought up Parcells/Belichick and the Jets. I clarified the perimeters of the trade as it has bearing on the thread topic. Not sure why it bothers you so much honestly.

Did you even bother to read the thread? It is not about the Patriots at all but about coaches being traded. And a Colts fan brought up Parcells/Belichick and the Jets. I clarified the perimeters of the trade as it has bearing on the thread topic. Not sure why it bothers you so much honestly.

Yes, I read the entire thread.

Where did I say it bothered me...???  I Just find it so humorous how so many threads eventually end up being about the Pats.

Quite comical, actually.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11646559/peyton-manning-pursuit-began-jim-harbaugh-rift-san-francisco-49ers

Apparently, the rift began when Jim was not honest with Alex Smith about his pursuit of Manning. Players felt they could not trust him which seems kind of weak to me. Jim is not under any obligation to tell his players who he may or may not be pursuing.

You may need to re-read then. It's not about the Pats at all. Two of their coaches were just cited as examples of teams trading for a coach.

You may need to re-read my post, neither was a trade,the draft picks were league mediated compensation.

Trade would imply both parties agreed prior to any move.

Keeping threads on topic isn't hard but 99.9% of the ones on here go straight to H-E double hockey sticks after a day or two. That is a shoutout to THE dude & a certain dudette. I have a feeling there are other trolls too on the non Colts side of the forum who are doing their best to get threads closed on purpose & should be thrown out on their faces like we did in the days at the old bar.

Now I think no matter what it will be hard for Harbaugh to stay in San Francisco with all the talk going on which is a shame. Jim is a good coach when it comes to x's and o's. 

Keeping threads on topic isn't hard but 99.9% of the ones on here go straight to H-E double hockey sticks after a day or two. That is a shoutout to THE dude & a certain dudette. I have a feeling there are other trolls too on the non Colts side of the forum who are doing their best to get threads closed on purpose & should be thrown out on their faces like we did in the days at the old bar.

Now I think no matter what it will be hard for Harbaugh to stay in San Francisco with all the talk going on which is a shame. Jim is a good coach when it comes to x's and o's.

You trying to claim that I hijack threads? Perhaps you could show an example of where I have done that. I can think of several times I have intentionally gotten a thread back on track.

You just don't like some of the things I say. Admit it.