Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's worse than 2-2?

John Waylon

Being the Raiders. They are 0-4, lost Carr to a high ankle sprain, lost their head coach most likely, and have the most difficult schedule this year. Also, they probably can't draft a qb next year if they finish with the worst record because they just got Carr.

Them drafting Carr has ZERO bearing on whether they will draft another QB next year. Carr isn't anyting special, nor was he a high draft pick. If there is a QB they like in those first 3 picks, where they will be choosing from more than likely, I have no doubts McKenzie will take them, especially if it's Jameis.

Them drafting Carr has ZERO bearing on whether they will draft another QB next year. Carr isn't anyting special, nor was he a high draft pick. If there is a QB they like in those first 3 picks, where they will be choosing from more than likely, I have no doubts McKenzie will take them, especially if it's Jameis.

Obviously you don't know the Raiders that well. Their team is depleted of any talent right now and the only Franchise pieces they have are Carr and Mack. No way they take a qb next year when they have two possible long term starters. Even if they do they will take Mariota and if not, they more than likely will trade down or take Leonard Williams or Cedric Ogbuehi. Carr was a 2nd rounder and even the Raiders aren't dumb enough to give up on him after one year.

Obviously you don't know the Raiders that well. Their team is depleted of any talent right now and the only Franchise pieces they have are Carr and Mack. No way they take a qb next year when they have two possible long term starters. Even if they do they will take Mariota and if not, they more than likely will trade down or take Leonard Williams or Cedric Ogbuehi. Carr was a 2nd rounder and even the Raiders aren't dumb enough to give up on him after one year.

I don't have to know the Raiders well to know that Carr isn't a franchise NFL QB. McKenzie is not going to let a QB, with the potential that Winston has, just slide right on by. On top of that, they have a TON of cash again next year.

Matt Flynn signed a nice deal with Seattle the year they drafted Wilson, and Seattle had ZERO problems benching Flynn and then showing him the door in favor Wilson. Carr can just as easily be replaced by a rookie, and a better one at that.

I don't have to know the Raiders well to know that Carr isn't a franchise NFL QB. McKenzie is not going to let a QB, with the potential that Winston has, just slide right on by. On top of that, they have a TON of cash again next year.

Matt Flynn signed a nice deal with Seattle the year they drafted Wilson, and Seattle had ZERO problems benching Flynn and then showing him the door in favor Wilson. Carr can just as easily be replaced by a rookie, and a better one at that.

The amount of cash that the raiders have doesn't really mean anything until they can show that they know how to build a team that can win. They had a ton of cash last offseason, they lost three of their best players to FA, and didn't sign anyone but a few 1-2 year stop gaps. Their 4 biggest signings below:

Justin Tuck looks like he's 900 years old when he plays and is declining badly

Antonio Smith is going the same way

Jones-Drew is old and slow and has no line in front of him

Woodley isn't great

Money doesn't matter when its quite clear that the Raiders don't know how too build a winning football team. 

The amount of cash that the raiders have doesn't really mean anything until they can show that they know how to build a team that can win. They had a ton of cash last offseason, they lost three of their best players to FA, and didn't sign anyone but a few 1-2 year stop gaps. Their 4 biggest signings below:

Justin Tuck looks like he's 900 years old when he plays and is declining badly

Antonio Smith is going the same way

Jones-Drew is old and slow and has no line in front of him

Woodley isn't great

Money doesn't matter when its quite clear that the Raiders don't know how too build a winning football team.

Reggie McKenzie was a huge part of building the Packers before he became the GM of the Raiders. I believe he knows what he's doing, however it's got to make it hard that the players you really want openly say they WILL NOT play for you. On top of that, lets not even get into their coaching issues. They haven't had an actual respectable coach since Gruden. The talent is there, the interest in playing and winning is not. A respected coach can help bring in those guys that told you no the first time.

What's worse than 2-2?

Being Tom Brady.

Ok that's pretty funny by itself but not where I was going with this.

Being Tom Brady, walking into the Patriots facility on Tuesday and there is a note on your locker that states, " Mr. Belicheck would like to see you in his office."

What's even worse than that?

Belicheck starts off the conversation with, "Tom, remember when we benched Bledsoe and gave the starting job to you?"

Reggie McKenzie was a huge part of building the Packers before he became the GM of the Raiders. I believe he knows what he's doing, however it's got to make it hard that the players you really want openly say they WILL NOT play for you. On top of that, lets not even get into their coaching issues. They haven't had an actual respectable coach since Gruden. The talent is there, the interest in playing and winning is not. A respected coach can help bring in those guys that told you no the first time.

I agree with this 100%. Let me add that even with cap space, it doesn't guarantee you can bring in great talent. You have to build through the draft and create that winning enviornment to, as bleedblu is saying, attract those Free Agents to come and play for you. This recent draft is the first rebuilding of the Raiders basically. They have an identity on offense and defense with their first two picks, now they have to win some games this year and draft some more players next year. It's a long process to becoming a winning organization. Even the Jaguars are figuring that out.

What's worse than 2-2?

Being Tom Brady.

Ok that's pretty funny by itself but not where I was going with this.

Being Tom Brady, walking into the Patriots facility on Tuesday and there is a note on your locker that states, " Mr. Belicheck would like to see you in his office."

What's even worse than that?

Belicheck starts off the conversation with, "Tom, remember when we benched Bledsoe and gave the starting job to you?"

"I'll retire when I suck."

We should expect a presser this afternoon.