Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (-2) @ Bears (9-28-14)

oldunclemark

They'll ignore the fact that the Bears have no one in the secondary and Allen didn't play. Rodgers did play well but they'll make it seem like he just dominated the Seahawks.

O yeah...and they'll ignore the fact that Rodgers never beats any good teams all year and proclaim him the greatest after every Bears and Vikings game.

So? That isn't good enough for so many Favre and Manning haters so same goes for him.

Favre and Manning actually could beat the best in the NFL and had magic in the 4th quarter. Rodgers if he's down he's going to lose. He's just not clutch and vastly overrated.

No, because Rodgers 4th down [pass beat the Bears last year in clutch time...

Criticism of Aaron Rodgers tonight seems straight out of Fantasy Island

I think that's the premise of the thread though... Rodgers performs against the Bears and Vikes (which routinely tend to be average or below average teams in the NFL) but tends to fade when it comes to teams that can put him in a hole.

Plus my comment really didn't have to do with the thread premise (I wasn't criticizing Rodgers) I just had to comment towards the lumping of Rodgers in the same class as Favre and Manning which Imo is a slap to those 2 QBs who actually showed that being down 14 or 21 points in the 4th was something they could overcome.

I think that's the premise of the thread though... Rodgers performs against the Bears and Vikes (which routinely tend to be average or below average teams in the NFL) but tends to fade when it comes to teams that can put him in a hole.

Plus my comment really didn't have to do with the thread premise (I wasn't criticizing Rodgers) I just had to comment towards the lumping of Rodgers in the same class as Favre and Manning which Imo is a slap to those 2 QBs who actually showed that being down 14 or 21 points in the 4th was something they could overcome.

The premise just isn't true and isn't close to being true.

Aaron Rodgers in 3 weeks has brought his undermanned team from 17 points down against the Jets

..and riddle the arch rival Bears in Chicago.

Just saying something doesn't make it so..especially wehn you have to ignore current events.

GB-Beras was a must game for the Packers and look at what Rodgers did.

You cant arbitrarily write off the teams GB faces the most. You have to accept results even if they don't fit the theme

The premise just isn't true and isn't close to being true.

Aaron Rodgers in 3 weeks has brought his undermanned team from 17 points down against the Jets

..and riddle the arch rival Bears in Chicago.

Just saying something doesn't make it so..especially wehn you have to ignore current events.

GB-Beras was a must game for the Packers and look at what Rodgers did.

You cant arbitrarily write off the teams GB faces the most. You have to accept results even if they don't fit the theme

Wait what? Since when are the Jets a decent team?

Also just saying something doesn't make it so? There is an actual stat that shows he has a massive losing record if he is behind in the 4th quarter...

Accepting results is what I'm talking about.  These results are the norm with Rodgers.  

I'm bored at work. You know what my alltime favorite 4th QTR NFL comeback was? Well technically it wasn't a comeback because Adrian Peterson fumbled it away in OT but I'm talking about the game Favre tied after being down by 20 against Chicago in 2009. That was 1 of his best games out of all 20 seasons and it was the closest to 90s Favre that we'd ever seen since 1999. It was sleeting, the Vikes had lost 2 of 3 and appearing to be collapsing. 40 year old Favre said $#&! this and won that game. I bet nobody remembers the story behind this play (next post...stupid mobile site).

favre-hidden-audible-o.gif

This was after they'd made it to the goal line in the no huddle. Chilly sent in the Goal Line O which had been struggling. Favre waved them off then Chilly burned a time out. Fast forward to 3rd down and Favre audibled to a run out of the passing O and AP walked in. Rodgers wishes he could do anything like this or what Peyton did on a Monday night against TB.