Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF Bears @ Jets Thread

supremecoltsfan300

Great game tonight, we'll have more insight on which team is a contender and which is a pretender.  I'd lean towards Chicago because they have WRs that should make those DBs on the Jets look silly.  But Cutler is always good for stinking up the place every now and then, and Rex is the master of defensive scheming with limited personnel.

Omg. Gruden is such an *. Does he know what a late hit is or even really looks like? I hate hearing him talk and listen to all the stuff he just regurgitates from his espn readings just before the game.

More to the game there have been a couple of really bad calls but other than that is not bad. I'm expecting a Jets win.

Seriously Gruden... shut up. When Geno jumps to throw the ball and gets intercepted it's a horrible pass, horrible decision. (Pass was accurate tho, just got out jumped)

But when cutler does it and Jeffreys jumps to get it, it's a clutch and excellent throw by cutler.

Seriously Gruden... shut up. When Geno jumps to throw the ball and gets intercepted it's a horrible pass, horrible decision. (Pass was accurate tho, just got out jumped)

But when cutler does it and Jeffreys jumps to get it, it's a clutch and excellent throw by cutler.

Bears were very lucky....

In answer to the original post...NEITHER of these 2 are playoff teams

Geno threw it when there was a guy who could jump in front of his WR. Cutler threw it when the DB was trailing and behind Jeffrey. No way could that DB have gotten an interception, Jeffrey's big body blocked him out.  Cutler made quite a few bad throws, but that was not one of them.  Gruden was right on the money with his call.

I actually stayed up and watched the whole game. The Jets defense is tough to watch. Their only prayer is to hope to fool the QB with veiled blitzes. Their secondary is awful. Cutler really burned them.

In terms of Smith, I think Marty thinks Smith is a 5 year vet instead of a second year player. He had him throwing way too much IMO especially in the red zone. Smith's MO is picks and in particular pick sixes which he leads the league in with six since he came into the league. You have to dial it down a bit especially in a close game and don't allow Smith to lose the game for you. That being said, Smith threw to covered receivers a lot. I am not sure why. He really needs to learn to just throw the ball away and avoid the sacks and TOs.

At this point, the East is looking more like it should with the Pats back in first along with Bills and the Fins and Jets at 1-2. I still think this division sends a WC to the playoffs.