Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina Panther place Greg Hardy on Commissioners Exempt list

ColtsBlueFL

I don't understand the out cry for deactivating these guys. Do people understand they continue to get paid while on this "list" I would have no problem with the NFL suspensing this guy. He has already been found guilty and is now appealing. But deactivating a guy and paying him seems dumb. They call that vacation where i come from

I don't understand the out cry for deactivating these guys. Do people understand they continue to get paid while on this "list" I would have no problem with the NFL suspensing this guy. He has already been found guilty and is now appealing. But deactivating a guy and paying him seems dumb. They call that vacation where i come from

For a few  reasons.  First off, it hurts the team.  That player is not out there.  So those players have to answer to his team mates for their off field behavior. Another one is the best players do indeed want to be out there.  Sitting out kills them. Even if they get a game day pay check.  it is not a vacation to them, it's removing them from the fun part of their job. Finally, it sends a message to the general public that aren't football fans (yes, there are plenty out there and I know some) that the NFL does take issue with players allegedly involved in domestic violence.

Now I'm for a short suspension with pay for a short period, or maybe even the whole time the judicial system works it out.  But, only if preponderance of the evidence supports that.  The Ray Rice video is enough.  The picture of abuse taken by medical personnel at a hospital is another.  Something of that nature.  We'll see what happens with the policy over time. It's a start but needs tweaking and I'm sure they get to it.And ac

Actually, I'm for Exempt list for Peterson, but at this point for Hardy, he should be under 6 game suspension per policy as it is now.

It does not seem to be much of a deterrent if the player will be paid.

It does not seem to be much of a deterrent if the player will be paid.

He's only paid while the courts are tying the case.  If he is found guilty, there would be full suspension with no pay.  Player can't help his team and will have to answer to that when he returns.  I see a lot of plea bargains if this type of discipline goes through. Then we'll have to see how the policy addresses that.

He's only paid while the courts are tying the case. If he is found guilty, there would be full suspension with no pay. Player can't help his team and will have to answer to that when he returns. I see a lot of plea bargains if this type of discipline goes through. Then we'll have to see how the policy addresses that.

Plea bargins will happen either way. Now they don't need to rush the process. They get paid either way.

Its the legal world we live in and why Goddell's job isn't as easy as people think.

You have to pay McDonald because he has an appeal pending and if he wins it, he can sure the league for back wages.

The NFLPA always defends the abuser...and the victim often want the person who beat her to get his money

Nobody wants to deal with domestic abuse issues