Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

It's tough. I have Cobb and he has not caught a TD pass the last 3 games. He was prolific early on in the season.

One would have to think he's due for a TD soon and given how Jordy has hogged the limelight the last 2 games, I'd go with Cobb since he's bound to get more looks, IMO than Moncrief or Bryant.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A league I'm alive still:

QB - Matt Ryan, Tom Brady

WR - OBJ, Randall Cobb, Mike Evans

RB - CJ Anderson, Rashad Jennings, Jonathan Stewart, Andre Williams

TE - Gates

D/ST - Rams, Titans, Giants

K - Matt Bryant

I'll check status of Julio. If he's out, Brady and if not, Ryan.

I'm leaning toward playing all 3 WRs and playing CJ Anderson for sure. Who should I play for RB2 - Stewart or Jennings? Right now, leaning towards Jennings because I feel Giants will play ahead and run a lot. Panthers, hard to predict Derek Anderson.

D/ST - Rams/Giants - going with Rams.

Thoughts???

Thoughts???

I hate trying to predict the productivity of Running Backs but I think its kind of a wash between Stewart and Jennings. With that being said, I would go with Jennings because their passing game should be stronger than the Panthers thus opening things up.

I would start Matt Ryan because it should be a shoot out. Tom Brady might hand the ball off to Blount all game.

And I have all three of those receivers too... Great players! Except Cobb has been kind of subpar lately.

So, given how much Tampa Bay Bucs have given production to RBs  (12 plus points to starting RBs on the road their last 3 road games, 20 plus twice), do I bench Cobb and play CJ, Stewart and Jennings while playing just OBJ and Mike Evans as my WRs?

TE - Gates

K - Matt Bryant

I'm leaning toward playing all 3 WRs and playing CJ Anderson for sure. Who should I play for RB2 - Stewart or Jennings? Right now, leaning towards Jennings because I feel Giants will play ahead and run a lot. Panthers, hard to predict Derek Anderson.

D/ST - Rams

I'd go Stewart for your flex...TB is a team you can run against, and he had a big game last week vs the weak Saints D...Cobb is not producing and they are playing a tough Bills D.

TE - Gates

K - Matt Bryant

D/ST - Rams

I would say yes to all. However Redskin's D is better against the run and mccoy is now the one starting.

I would say yes to all. However Redskin's D is better against the run and mccoy is now the one starting.

I forgot to mention Daniel Herron is also on my bench

WRs: OBJ, Mike Evans, Randall Cobb

RBs: CJ Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Rashad Jennings, Dan Herron

Which 5? My current line up set is the bolded, based on matchups. Cobb was a no-brainer for the longest time till the last 3 weeks. Darn it, Rodgers, throw him the freaking ball for a TD or even 80 plus yards consistently.  :)

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Actually out of

Mike Evans

Martavis Bryant

Randal Cobb

Donte Moncrief

What two guys would you start?

I would go with Mike Evans and Martavis Bryant.

Moncrief, I am still hesitant because of the way the coaches use him and the amount of targets he gets. Luck zones in on TY too more often and Moncrief is a 3rd or 4th read a lot of times. Bryant over Cobb mainly because of matchup and recent Cobb underachievement (maybe Packers trying to establish the run like the Broncos leading to the playoffs).

I would go with Mike Evans and Martavis Bryant.

Moncrief, I am still hesitant because of the way the coaches use him and the amount of targets he gets. Luck zones in on TY too more often and Moncrief is a 3rd or 4th read a lot of times. Bryant over Cobb mainly because of matchup and recent Cobb underachievement (maybe Packers trying to establish the run like the Broncos leading to the playoffs).

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks.

I forgot to mention Daniel Herron is also on my bench

WRs: OBJ, Mike Evans, Randall Cobb

RBs: CJ Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Rashad Jennings, Dan Herron

Which 5? My current line up set is the bolded, based on matchups. Cobb was a no-brainer for the longest time till the last 3 weeks. Darn it, Rodgers, throw him the freaking ball for a TD or even 80 plus yards consistently. :)

Dang that is tough. I think Jennings. Texans are good with red zone defense and RB TD. But we would probably use Herron like we used bradshaw in those situations.

Toss up bro.

Dang that is tough. I think Jennings. Texans are good with red zone defense and RB TD. But we would probably use Herron like we used bradshaw in those situations.

Toss up bro.

Yeah, I know. I hope the Rams' D lights it up tonight for 20+ points and I don't have to worry about a few points here and there lost due to a FLEX selection :).

You have them in the order I would play them.

Boy, oh boy. What a lukewarm night for FF owners, the thursday night game was. Fantasy football should start rewarding team Ds a point for every 2 or 3 punts forced. Otherwise, all Stanton or Lindley of the Cardinals had to do was not take sacks or have a turnover and just punt it when their D is playing well. 

Playing the St. Louis Rams was probably a lukewarm one this Thursday night. At least not as negative as some Ds I have played in the past. 4 or 5 pts still better than negative points.

The positive for me was in 2 out of the 3 leagues I played the Rams' D, my opponent had Tre Mason who was projected 11.58 and got just a whopping 1 point and change. So, I will take that trade off. :)

In the league where I did not go against Tre Mason, I got some return yardage for Rams which gave me 7 plus points instead of 4 or 5 in ESPN/Yahoo traditional league points with no return yardage points.

I have to start 3 of the following players one has to be a running back can play up to 2 RB's.

Hill Cinny this seems like a no brainer they are finally saying he is getting the carries

Matthews SD he is questionable and could be a shoot out although SD usually plays Denver tough

Stewart Car I think this is my guy but hard to trust no Cam

D Jack Wash banged up but every time I sit him he burns me

Hopkins Hou if Vontae is on him I don't expect much

Allen SD he was starting to get it going until NE rolled into town you'd think SD will have to throw the ball.

I am thinking Hill and Stewart based on touches alone. Running Backs just get more touches. Especially with DeAngelo out. Then Allen off of Revis Island he had 13.9 15 targets prior to NE.  

I have been waiting on Julius Thomas to come back for weeks then he walks into the Chargers who have been very stingy against TE's I have Dwayne Allen behind him but he hasn't done anything in weeks. There is always wire scraps if someone has a feeling about a TE who could be available. Don't see how I can sit Thomas if he plays though. The Chargers held him to 2 -23 -0 the first match up.

Thanks for any thoughts.

My core is pretty strong Luck Megatron Jordy Parkey have won me a lot of games. I am sure glad we had that kid in camp I would have never knew about him. I have him in all leagues usually grabbing him at the end of the  drafts.  He has paid off.

I have to start 3 of the following players one has to be a running back can play up to 2 RB's.

Hill Cinny this seems like a no brainer they are finally saying he is getting the carries

Matthews SD he is questionable and could be a shoot out although SD usually plays Denver tough

Stewart Car I think this is my guy but hard to trust no Cam

D Jack Wash banged up but every time I sit him he burns me

Hopkins Hou if Vontae is on him I don't expect much

Allen SD he was starting to get it going until NE rolled into town you'd think SD will have to throw the ball.

I am thinking Hill and Stewart based on touches alone. Running Backs just get more touches. Especially with DeAngelo out. Then Allen off of Revis Island he had 13.9 15 targets prior to NE.  

I have been waiting on Julius Thomas to come back for weeks then he walks into the Chargers who have been very stingy against TE's I have Dwayne Allen behind him but he hasn't done anything in weeks. There is always wire scraps if someone has a feeling about a TE who could be available. Don't see how I can sit Thomas if he plays though. The Chargers held him to 2 -23 -0 the first match up.

Thanks for any thoughts.

My core is pretty strong Luck Megatron Jordy Parkey have won me a lot of games. I am sure glad we had that kid in camp I would have never knew about him. I have him in all leagues usually grabbing him at the end of the  drafts.  He has paid off.

I think Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart and Keenan Allen are the right choices. I don't think you will find better choices than Julius Thomas. If anything else, you have to hope the threat of a run game, and DT (hopefully) and Sanders healthy should help him too.

Boy did I screw up by starting Johnny Football after I lost Cam this week .... Sigh

So, can you still hang on to face me next week, or will you let Bry beat you...I want revenge against you..BAD!!..

just remember...Since I'm in the Super Bowl...I'm not changing leagues, so the consolation 3rd place game will determine who is going to the Elite League next year...

So, can you still hang on to face me next week, or will you let Bry beat you...I want revenge against you..BAD!!..

just remember...Since I'm in the Super Bowl...I'm not changing leagues, so the consolation 3rd place game will determine who is going to the Elite League next year...

I still have a chance to win. Just thought I'd get a lil more out of Johnny. Hopefully you'll get your shot. ;)

Alright, unless Alshon Jeffery scores about 57 points tomorrow then I'm headed to my championship game. I've got some indecision on the defense to start. I've got the Rams and Vikings, but I also have Odell Beckham and I don't want him wrecking Rams. The Vikings play Miami...that seems like a potentially good matchup. The 49ers and Chargers are both free right now and play each other. Both offenses have been struggling. Thoughts? 

Alright, unless Alshon Jeffery scores about 57 points tomorrow then I'm headed to my championship game. I've got some indecision on the defense to start. I've got the Rams and Vikings, but I also have Odell Beckham and I don't want him wrecking Rams. The Vikings play Miami...that seems like a potentially good matchup. The 49ers and Chargers are both free right now and play each other. Both offenses have been struggling. Thoughts? 

Are the Panthers available? If Manziel starts again, maybe that will work for you. Just a thought.

I am in 4 leagues. One week at a time, I bow out of leagues.

I lost in one league last week. I am going to lose in my work league this week thanks to Eagles getting 3 rushing TDs and none going to McCoy and neither Arian Foster or C.J.Anderson getting me that TD both of which they got momentarily but were called back (it has been that kind of week :().

I squeaked by 115 - 111 in a semi-final in the 3rd league, thanks to OBJ. I am leading 126-75 in my fourth league thanks to OBJ and Dez Bryant with my opponent having Jimmy Graham and Alshon Jeffery to go tomorrow, I am hoping I make it to the final in that too.

Alright so I squeaked by. Lost that 45 point lead and Witten just about ruined it for me. Good thing Bryant got me 35 so i won by 15.

Looking at next 2 weeks. It's huge for. Like monumentally huge. Going against my wife in the championship.

The defenses are my concern.

Week 16.

Eagles @was

Giants @stl

Titans @jax (waiver)

Cowboys vs IND (waiver)

Panthers vs cle (waiver)

Week 17

Giants vs Phi

Eagles @NYG

Broncos vs Oak

Colts @tenn (waiver)

Cowboys @was (waiver)

I'm willing to have 4 Defenses these two weeks. So let me know what you guys think.

Alright so I squeaked by. Lost that 45 point lead and Witten just about ruined it for me. Good thing Bryant got me 35 so i won by 15.

Looking at next 2 weeks. It's huge for. Like monumentally huge. Going against my wife in the championship.

The defenses are my concern.

Week 16.

Eagles @was

Giants @stl

Titans @jax (waiver)

Cowboys vs IND (waiver)

Panthers vs cle (waiver)

Week 17

Giants vs Phi

Eagles @NYG

Broncos vs Oak

Colts @tenn (waiver)

Cowboys @was (waiver)

I'm willing to have 4 Defenses these two weeks. So let me know what you guys think.

I'd say get the Panthers vs Browns and I'd say bank against the Titans, now that Jake Locker is out too.

Get the Jags vs the Titans, then get the Colts vs the Titans. Both those squads are going to get you surefire points. The Titans have surpassed the Jags for ineptitude on the field, IMO.

I'd say get the Panthers vs Browns and I'd say bank against the Titans, now that Jake Locker is out too.

Get the Jags vs the Titans, then get the Colts vs the Titans. Both those squads are going to get you surefire points. The Titans have surpassed the Jags for ineptitude on the field, IMO.

So jags vs Titans instead of Panthers vs Browns next week, or even the Titans D vs the jags? You're that confident in the jags D?

So jags vs Titans instead of Panthers vs Browns next week, or even the Titans D vs the jags? You're that confident in the jags D?

Well, Titans' D vs Jags or Jags' D vs Titans will equally reap rewards, IMO, in terms of multiple sacks and turnovers.

Bengals' D was fired up after the Browns blanked them 24-3 earlier in the year. So, with Manziel learning more, I am not certain if he will still make the same mistakes over and over again. However, I have seen enough of the Titans' O and Jags' O to know their ineptitude is here to stay. That is my angle.

Panthers' D has been playing well the last 2 games, so it is worth taking a flier on them, I am just not 100% sold on the matchup. You can run on the Panthers and the Browns might dip into the run game more to help out Manziel, something the Bucs and Saints did not do enough of in the previous 2 games.

So I'm to clarify, you'd rather go Panthers or Jags over Vikings against Miami? 

On related news, DeMarco Murray is my RB1. Today's news makes me quite sad. My opponent grabbed his handcuff immediately! Oops on my part. 

Good news for the Colts though! That's my silver lining.

I drafted Ray Rice, kept AP, Victor Cruz, Aldon Smith, Josh Gordon and Andre Ellington. I also traded Nick Foles for a huge haul, that included Isiah Crowell, Kelvin Benjamin, and John Brown.

I'm in the championship of my IDP keeper league lol.

QB: Eli Manning

Kyle Orton

Nick Foles (IR)

RB:

Doug Martin

Boom Herron

Kerwynn Williams

Andre Williams

Storm Johnson

Marcel Reece (start 3)

WR:Julio Jones

AJ Green

Josh Gordon 

Rueben Randle

Riley Cooper 

Chris Hogan (start 5)

TE:

Larry Donnell

Zach Ertz

Vernon Davis (ugh)

My IDP's are pretty good but nothing schedule.

Had to gloat a little lol.

So I'm to clarify, you'd rather go Panthers or Jags over Vikings against Miami? 

On related news, DeMarco Murray is my RB1. Today's news makes me quite sad. My opponent grabbed his handcuff immediately! Oops on my part. 

Good news for the Colts though! That's my silver lining.

Personally, I like this part. Allow me to explain. In a league I have won the most, if I am on top of the news, I get first scoops first if I got to the news first.

In most leagues, they try to level the playing field by doing waivers from Wednesday to game time. That gives everyone Tuesday to read all the articles, put in their waiver claims etc. and basically takes away an advantage that I have, getting to the news and waivers first. In such leagues, I have not had as much luck being in the top 2 as much as in the league where there are no waiver timings and it is a free for all as long as the person clears waivers for a duration of a day.

Matt Ryan or Tom Brady for the championship game QB? I have that dilemma in 2 leagues I am in the final.

I am going with Tom Brady for now because unlike the Saints, the Jets are harder to run on and you HAVE TO pass against them to win. While the Saints, you can run all day on them and I anticipate Steven Jackson to take fantasy points from Matt Ryan.

Thoughts???

Matt Ryan or Tom Brady for the championship game QB? I have that dilemma in 2 leagues I am in the final.

I am going with Tom Brady for now because unlike the Saints, the Jets are harder to run on and you HAVE TO pass against them to win. While the Saints, you can run all day on them and I anticipate Steven Jackson to take fantasy points from Matt Ryan.

Thoughts???

I'm going Tom Brady. But that isn't saying much as my other guy is Jay Cutler.

So, do you agree with me going Brady over Ryan due to run D differences between the Saints and Jets?

Or do I go with Ryan knowing Brees will force him to a shootout?

Your safe bet is brady and it will be highly dependent on how effective and ready Jones truly will be. Brady will do the norm and get you 2 Td and probably under 300 yards cause BB WILL run, especially in red zone if the trend continues. Ryan will more then likely get yout 20+ points. Especially if Jones is good. Ryan has also been playing the past 3 weeks. I expect him to keep it up against NO unless their defense gets supercharged like they did against the Bears. Unlikely tho. It's a playoff game for both. Do you think the atlanta O or NO D breaks first?

Your safe bet is brady and it will be highly dependent on how effective and ready Jones truly will be. Brady will do the norm and get you 2 Td and probably under 300 yards cause BB WILL run, especially in red zone if the trend continues. Ryan will more then likely get yout 20+ points. Especially if Jones is good. Ryan has also been playing the past 3 weeks. I expect him to keep it up against NO unless their defense gets supercharged like they did against the Bears. Unlikely tho. It's a playoff game for both. Do you think the atlanta O or NO D breaks first?

It is a 6 pts for passing TD league. So, knowing that, who is likely to throw for more than 2 TDs - Brady or Ryan? I know a lot of it depends on game flow but ultimately, my point production will be determined by the number of throwing attempts and the number of TDs thrown.

Ryan has thrown for 2 TDs 5 out of the last 7 weeks and only once has he gone over 2 TDs. Brady has thrown 2 TDs since week 5 every week and has gone over 2 TDs FOUR TIMES from week 6 to week 9. I am leaning towards Brady based on that.

My biggest issue is NE run blocking OL is good, unlike Matt Ryan's and Jets have lately given up rushing TDs to Lamar Miller, Boobie Dixon and Fred Jackson of Bills, that concerns me.

Well, Titans' D vs Jags or Jags' D vs Titans will equally reap rewards, IMO, in terms of multiple sacks and turnovers.

Bengals' D was fired up after the Browns blanked them 24-3 earlier in the year. So, with Manziel learning more, I am not certain if he will still make the same mistakes over and over again. However, I have seen enough of the Titans' O and Jags' O to know their ineptitude is here to stay. That is my angle.

Panthers' D has been playing well the last 2 games, so it is worth taking a flier on them, I am just not 100% sold on the matchup. You can run on the Panthers and the Browns might dip into the run game more to help out Manziel, something the Bucs and Saints did not do enough of in the previous 2 games.

Chad henne will now be playing. Titans still a good play?

Chad henne will now be playing. Titans still a good play?

Probably not. Given that it is Thursday night football and how it puts you behind the 8 ball if you have a bad game.

In fact, in one of my leagues that I am in the final, I have the Titans going against Jacksonville and my 2nd RB is between Herron, Andre Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Toby Gerhart and Joseph Randle. I am hoping DeMarco Murray does not play.

However, chancing a player or two on Thursday night football, when there is uncertainty (when they are not a stud and the matchup is not that good), is something that burnt me in one of my leagues with my Rams D last week. I'd stay away from the Titans D and try play the Panthers' D vs Browns.