Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our New Coach Should Be Mike Stoops (If We Fire Caldwell)

asucolt606

We all saw what he did at the University of Arizona and how unlucky he was to get fired for starting the season with 5 un-winable games. I am a huge non fan of UofA but the guy did recruit Foiles and brought this team to relevance for a few years. He shows such excitement and fire on the sidelines that I think its just what we need. Not to mention that he is familiar with Luck if Polian does make the mistake of drafting him. Let me finish by saying I don't think we should get rid of Caldwell but it looks inevitable now and this guy would be the ideal choice to replace him!

We all saw what he did at the University of Arizona and how unlucky he was to get fired for starting the season with 5 un-winable games. I am a huge non fan of UofA but the guy did recruit Foiles and brought this team to relevance for a few years. He shows such excitement and fire on the sidelines that I think its just what we need. Not to mention that he is familiar with Luck if Polian does make the mistake of drafting him. Let me finish by saying I don't think we should get rid of Caldwell but it looks inevitable now and this guy would be the ideal choice to replace him!

If there is one thing that I am absolutely assure of should Caldwell get fired, Mike Stoops will not get the job. Not only that, he will not be considered.

Doubt it would happen, i dont know much about him. but at least its a refreshing change from people saying fisher or cowher. I still like the thought of Mike Zimmer. Quality defensive coordinator. Players seem to really like him and love palying for him. And he is not about making sure the media and everyone knowing his name. *cough* Ryans *cough*

I'm for a Stoops, but not that one. Neither will happen, though.

Perry Fewell, Winston Moss, and Dave Toub are becoming popular names in the Head Coach candidate pieces I read (aside from the obvious like Zimmer, Gregg Williams, and the like). Toub is interesting because he's from the John Harbaugh line in two manners. He was a special teams assistant under Harbaugh in Philly, and he's also being considered due to his prowess and respect as an ST coach.

Fewell is one of my favorite candidates. I like the way he runs his defenses. He's pretty aggressive, and that is sorely missing on this team. Not to mention that he really seemed to have the backing of his players while he was interim head coach of the Bills.

Moss is the ILB coach for the Packers. No deficit of talent there, nor production. He's also the assistant head coach.

What is his record playing the sec for the championship, both him and Tressel. I dont think so.

Fisher did so much with Tenn(hahahahahahahahah) and Cowher is for sure not going to consider this mess as his comeback team. I think we should all ask Jskinnz who is going to get hired because he seems to have inside knowledge on whats going on.

You don't have to have inside knowledge to recognize an idea that has no chance of happening.

Do you really think Stoops got fired for being unlucky at the start of this season? What about his other seasons of mediocrity?

And tell me, where did all that fire and excitement get Stoops? That and his ability to recruit Foles seem to be your selling point on the guy. That is not nearly enough to get an NFL head coaching job.

You don't have to have inside knowledge to recognize an idea that has no chance of happening.

Do you really think Stoops got fired for being unlucky at the start of this season? What about his other seasons of mediocrity?

And tell me, where did all that fire and excitement get Stoops? That and his ability to recruit Foles seem to be your selling point on the guy. That is not nearly enough to get an NFL head coaching job.

You are a rare voice a reason in a field of idiocy.

I think Fisher may be a better option

agreed, if we get a new coach I'd rather have one with NFL experience if not Fisher a guy like Zimmer would be a better option than a coach who has a losing record in college. Isn't that what a lot of people's problem with Caldwell is? He couldn't win at Wake Forest so there is no way he should get a job here yet for Mike Stoops it's different? It's the same problem. Maybe a guy like Stoops for DC that I could listen to. If we are going to hire a college coach let's at least hire one with a winning record and is already on our staff and sorta knows our players. With that said I don't think Tressel should get the job either.

I relaly hope we don't do retreats like Greg William. I know the thought is if you bring in a defensive minded HC, we would be better, but both Jim More and Tony Dungy were defensive minded coaches and that made no difference. Sean Payton has shown you can be an offensive guru and bring in a good defensive coordinator.

I marvel at how well Ted Marchibroda did with the Colts on his second stint. Lindy Infante as the offensive coordinator, Vince Tobin as DC. Jim Johnson, who went ont to being a good DC for the Eagles, I believe was like the linebackers coachs. So that was a very solid and deep coaching staff, lead by an offensive coach in Marchibroda.

I admit a candidate I don't really get is Jeff Fisher. His teams were always competitive but never great. I didn't see any great play calling or motivation. Just because he lasted so long, he is looked up to.

A trend I hate seeing in the NFL is that a coach will get hired from a team that has great players is doing well. Like Josh McDaniels hired from Patriots because their offensive does well. That's a no brainer. I more am in favor of someone who takes lesser talent and gets them to play way beyond their ability and be creative. Zimmer seems to have done that this year. Guys more like that. They don't have great talent, but play well. But like I don't want the Packers OC just because thel light up the league. Any OC they have is going to look good if McCarthy has them run the same thing with their talent.

So wait a minute. I'm sure at some point you have used Caldwell's record at Wake Forest against him. Hiring Mike Stoops would be awful and would never ever ever ever happen.

As Head Coach, maybe...but consider Defensive Coordinator. with his brother as Head Coach....Naaah, need someone with pro experience, right????