Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I have an idea... (RB situation)

Indeee

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say Zurlon Tipton will be our starting runningback by the beginning of the season. Trent is on a short leash as said before, and Bradshaw is injury-prone. Tipton has the upside and I can see him exploding in training camp to become our starter and really helping us out.

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say Zurlon Tipton will be our starting runningback by the beginning of the season. Trent is on a short leash as said before, and Bradshaw is injury-prone. Tipton has the upside and I can see him exploding in training camp to become our starter and really helping us out.

Very bold. Predicting he makes the team would be bold. He has the size but he's raw. Not very fast, little ST experience, hands are suspect. Most importantly, can he block? I don't know, don't remember him in college. He was hurt most of last year, right?

Wish him luck. PS, probably.

Very bold. Predicting he makes the team would be bold. He has the size but he's raw. Not very fast, little ST experience, hands are suspect. Most importantly, can he block? I don't know, don't remember him in college. He was hurt most of last year, right?

Wish him luck. PS, probably.

Yes, he has some injury history, but that is probably behind him. I think he could be what Trent Richardson should be, a solid power back that can find the holes and has great vision. He is more of an inside zone runner that is great for short yardage, but he could at worst be used on 2nd or 3rd and short (maybe 4th and short) as a complementry back if he's the third guy. I think he could have some type of role for sure. I hope he makes it a competition, because he has the potential to be what Trent was projected as when he was drafted.

Yes, he has some injury history, but that is probably behind him. I think he could be what Trent Richardson should be, a solid power back that can find the holes and has great vision. He is more of an inside zone runner that is great for short yardage, but he could at worst be used on 2nd or 3rd and short (maybe 4th and short) as a complementry back if he's the third guy. I think he could have some type of role for sure. I hope he makes it a competition, because he has the potential to be what Trent was projected as when he was drafted.

As I said, I don't remember seeing him. I was just going by his stats, so I won't doubt you if you're familiar with him. I'm anxious to see him in the preseason games.

However, I have seen every game Dan Herron played in college and he was special. I know that doesn't always translate to the pros. Never got a chance in Cincy. But I truly believe he was every bit as good as Ballard was in college. I don't think he's going to be a star, but I think he can be great depth. Just MHO.

As I said, I don't remember seeing him. I was just going by his stats, so I won't doubt you if you're familiar with him. I'm anxious to see him in the preseason games.

However, I have seen every game Dan Herron played in college and he was special. I know that doesn't always translate to the pros. Never got a chance in Cincy. But I truly believe he was every bit as good as Ballard was in college. I don't think he's going to be a star, but I think he can be great depth. Just MHO.

I hope we keep 4 rbs and Tipton and Herron can make the roster with Ballard gone. Maybe split carries between Richardson and Bradshaw and use both Herron and Tipton in specialized roles. It'll be a battle in training camp no matter who wins it. I just want someone to really stand out to take the pressure off Luck at this point.