Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I thought this was funny

CR91

lmao  The Mob king pin guy represents "Bounty Gate." [N.O. Saints]

Sinister & evil Mr. Burns represents "Spy Gate" & gaming the system. [NE]

Fat & bloat boss Hog from "The Dukes Of Hazard" represents the irrelevant Cowboys.  

The senile old lady with cats & conspiracy theories represent the "Grassy noel" NY Jets. "Run, Run, Run, waste a time out, & butt fumble"= Jets offense. Thank you ESPN 1st Take guest hosts.  haha

Delusional side show Bob represents RB Ray Rice's legal & domestic violence woes. 

The heavy set gamer nerd represents the SB Champion Seattle Seahawks. PEDs can make you gain weight & shall we say "shrink" other body parts. Enough said.

The school bully represents Motor City's Ndamukong Suh in Detroit. 

The Raiders guy looks like a Hades Angel gun & meth dealer perfect for the "I do it my way" Black Hole crowd. 

Homer, Chicago, pizza, & beer just go together man. It is what it is...

High blood pressure & cholesterol Packers cheese head dude is the case study for type 2 diabetes too. They don't call WI the Dairy/Cow state for nothing. Sad but true I'm afraid. 

Great stuff CR91 as always! 

The Philadelphia "Brotherly Love" bartender reminds me of an angry, amateur psychologist like the fool Dr. Phil who doesn't really care about your problems just as long as customers pay their bar tab & not vomit on the floor. 

Is the Tennessee Titan guy with the tattoo supposed to represent QB Steve McNair & his affair with another woman outside of marriage? Probably not because of the race difference & most cartoonists refrain from mocking personal tragedy & murder overall.

Steve McNair was a great guy & tough as nails field general that I will always respect. Besides, I detest how so many NFL analysts kiss Brett Favre's caboose & rarely brought up McNair's toughness either. It still ticks me off to this day, but I digress..

The Jaguars guy reminds me of a heavily medicated patient in the psych ward. You'd have to be on drugs to wear anything Jacksonville related. 

Hades, local broadcasters have to apologize to their fans for forcing them to show Jags games on local TV stations for crying out loud.  ;)  No one in their right mind would willingly buy Jags gear without being tortured or held in captivity against their will for months or years. 

You know how when an NFL team loses the SB t-shirts get sent to poor starving kids in Africa? Those are the only people I would give a pass to in terms of wearing Jags merchandise. Kids who would be naked & cold without a basic article of clothing on their backs to keep them warm at night. 

Yes, the Jags are improving but at some point they had to finally get mediocre & not be a Natl. embarrassment right?  

Jacksonville has fans? Really? You know people that buy tickets, food, & root for them to win football games? Oh come on, is this April Fools Day or "GroundHog's Day 2" a film sequel with actor Bill Murray? Child please.  :lol:

I thought the Ravens one was in reference to Ray Lewis being accused of stabbing those guys in a night club, since this meme has been floating around way before the Ray Rice scandal.

The Lions one is perfect though because Suh is a bully and the rest of the team were thugs back in the Shwartz era (the 9 off-season arrests going into he 2012 season).

The Browns one is the best. Gil Gundersun, the unsuccessful salesman. 

Thanks for the insight ruksak. I had no idea what the Browns cartoon guy represented until now: False hope, a bottomless abyss of nothingness, & sheer disillusionment. 

The closest parallel  is the fictional TV weather man & fluff investigative journalist Less Nessman from WKRP in Cincinnati, a struggling radio station in Ohio that no one ever listens to.  

What made Less so hilarious is that he thought he was the next Walter Cronkite when in fact he was really more like a water downed version of Ron Burgandy without the sexual appeal & overconfidence.  :lol:

WKRP17.jpg

Can anyone tell me who Bart Simpson represents and why?  Chiefs??

This was pretty darned funny Coltsrule91.  Southwest was guest analyst on the show :)

Good question Brent. What is Bart Simpson supposed to represent as a member of the KC Chiefs? I'm stumped over that 1 too. 

Thanks for the shout out BTW. The check is in the mail.  haha  I never get tired of slamming the Cowboys, the pinata that always gets demolished & explodes with the sweet candy of desperation & despair.  lmao

Good question Brent. What is Bart Simpson supposed to represent as a member of the KC Chiefs? I'm stumped over that 1 too. 

Thanks for the shout out BTW. The check is in the mail.  haha  I never get tired of slamming the Cowboys, the pinata that always gets demolished & explodes with the sweet candy of desperation & despair.  lmao

I thought bart was a 49er? 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought bart was a 49er? 

You could be right CR91. It's hard to tell because both the Chiefs & Niners use a shade of red as part of their team uniform.

On closer inspection of Bart's picture, you can faintly make out an SF on his t-shirt standing for San Francisco. Is he supposed to be HC Jim Harbaugh & how he throws fits all the time on the sidelines over a bad zebra call which he always believes cost his squad a Lombardi trophy?  

Thanks for the clarification CR91. You  :rock: man! 

When I first saw Bart I immediately thought of Jim Harbaugh.

11873174-large.jpg

Nice picture FE of Jim BTW, but if the cartoon animator really wanted Bart to look like Jim; he should have put a pen behind his ear or around his neck. That's what confused & threw me off initially. 

You could be right CR91. It's hard to tell because both the Chiefs & Niners use a shade of red as part of their team uniform.

On closer inspection of Bart's picture, you can faintly make out an SF on his t-shirt standing for San Francisco. Is he supposed to be HC Jim Harbaugh & how he throws fits all the time on the sidelines over a bad zebra call which he always believes cost his squad a Lombardi trophy?

Thanks for the clarification CR91. You :rock: man!

You got it. Bart is definitely Jim Harbaugh (confirmed by the other poster, Elvis?).

Who is that Charger at the bottom right. Rivers or the whole Chargers organization?

You got it. Bart is definitely Jim Harbaugh (confirmed by the other poster, Elvis?).

Who is that Charger at the bottom right. Rivers or the whole Chargers organization?

Yeah, FE deserves full credit for the Jim Harbaugh picture & CR91 set me straight on the San Fran Bart Simpson angle. 

The dog in shades holding the surf board is like a MCGruff the Crime Dog mascot for stupidity in commercials on The Simpsons TV show. I suppose he could represent the big wave kabuga dude, California lifestyle I guess. 

I don't really see Philip Rivers as the surfer type though. More like a rural, backwoods, get your hands dirty hunting & fishing farm boy at his roots. But, maybe that's just me. I don't know. 

Yeah, FE deserves full credit for the Jim Harbaugh picture & CR91 set me straight on the San Fran Bart Simpson angle.

The dog in shades holding the surf board is like a MCGruff the Crime Dog mascot for stupidity in commercials on The Simpsons TV show. I suppose he could represent the big wave kabuga dude, California lifestyle I guess.

I don't really see Philip Rivers as the surfer type though. More like a rural, backwoods, get your hands dirty hunting & fishing farm boy at his roots. But, maybe that's just me. I don't know.

The surf board has the Chargers colors.

The surf board has the Chargers colors.

Yes, it does. If you backed me into a corner & forced me to choose a player that surfer dog represents I would have said former GM A.J. Smith because the man was a fool for letting  Darren Sproles, Michael Turner, and Vincent Jackson walk out the door with little to no compensation. 

But now that Smith has been fired & wisely replaced with new GM Tom Telesco who successfully cut his teeth with Peyton Manning in INDY, I have no idea what player or front office executive that dog is supposed to stand for.

The Chargers are legit & Phillip Rivers is definately ascending. Rivers is very dangerous because he's so darn smart & he can make any throw end in a TD. And then if you pair him with RB Danny Woodhead, he wears down a defense & cripples their pass rush. I fear San Diego. That squad is tough as nails nails man. They will do some serious damage in the Playoffs mark my words man. 

Yes, it does. If you backed me into a corner & forced me to choose a player that surfer dog represents I would have said former GM A.J. Smith because the man was a fool for letting Darren Sproles, Michael Turner, and Vincent Jackson walk out the door with little to no compensation.

But now that Smith has been fired & wisely replaced with new GM Tom Telesco who successfully cut his teeth with Peyton Manning in INDY, I have no idea what player or front office executive that dog is supposed to stand for.

The Chargers are legit & Phillip Rivers is definately ascending. Rivers is very dangerous because he's so darn smart & he can make any throw end in a TD. And then if you pair him with RB Danny Woodhead, he wears down a defense & cripples their pass rush. I fear San Diego. That squad is tough as nails nails man. They will do some serious damage in the Playoffs mark my words man.

I am a big fan of Rivers. My friends won't let me forget that I went on and on that he would turn out to be the best of the three quarterbacks but he has yet to win a SB while Eli and Ben have won two each. I still think Rivers is the best of the three, JMO. He has had loads of talent too -- we have to give that to AJ Smith and the pro personnel guy who is now with the Colts (I am blanking on his name). I think AJ Smith's biggest mistake was hiring and then retaining Norv Turner as head coach for so long. If he had had a more competent head coach, Rivers might have won a SB but who knows. I would like to see Rivers win one.

Could that character stand for Manti Te'o? Probably not.

I am a big fan of Rivers. My friends won't let me forget that I went on and on that he would turn out to be the best of the three quarterbacks but he has yet to win a SB while Eli and Ben have won two each. I still think Rivers is the best of the three, JMO. He has had loads of talent too -- we have to give that to AJ Smith and the pro personnel guy who is now with the Colts (I am blanking on his name). I think AJ Smith's biggest mistake was hiring and then retaining Norv Turner as head coach for so long. If he had had a more competent head coach, Rivers might have won a SB but who knows. I would like to see Rivers win one.

Could that character stand for Manti Te'o? Probably not.

I like Rivers & I love the trash talking sessions that he used to have with Bears QB Jay Cutler. Their sideline verbal assaults always make me laugh. Rivers should win a ring. He's got the right pieces around him now to do it. 

I like your Manti Teo cartoon suggestion because maybe the dog thinks the surf board is his girlfriend like Manti had that fake romantic relationship online etc. etc. Just a thought. 

Yes, Norv Turner is a good OC, but as an HC not so much. Turner will do great things for Teddy Bridgewater in Minnesota. Norv is a master at using TE's & RBs to move the chains. He will protect your new QB & build his NFL confidence. 

I like Rivers & I love the trash talking sessions that he used to have with Bears QB Jay Cutler. Their sideline verbal assaults always make me laugh. Rivers should win a ring. He's got the right pieces around him now to do it. 

I like your Manti Teo cartoon suggestion because maybe the dog thinks the surf board is his girlfriend like Manti had that fake romantic relationship online etc. etc. Just a thought. 

Yes, Norv Turner is a good OC, but as an HC not so much. Turner will do great things for Teddy Bridgewater in Minnesota. Norv is a master at using TE's & RBs to move the chains. He will protect your new QB & build his NFL confidence. 

Yup, it would be nice to see the Vikings give the Packers a little scare.  They are due to be a snake in the grass surprise team in the NFC North. Besides, Jim Caldwell in Detroit doesn't exactly wow me all that much either. A nice guy, but an HC wizard? Nope, I just don't fear the guy or his game plan. He will give that squad much needed discipline though.  

I really like your new HC Mike Zimmer. 1 hades of a DC in Ohio & I can't wait to see what he does with the full reins under his belt. It still made me furious that it took so long for Mike to get an HC gig. Are these owners slow or just stupid? LOL! Ziggy made the right choice. Mike was an excellent hire. Minnesota is about to be a Playoff contender again. Yes, Mike is that darn good in my estimation. Just watch within another season the Vikings are gonna be a thorn in Aaron Rogers's backside. 

I don't hate Aaron Rogers or anything like that. I just wanna see somebody besides Green Bay as the NFC North Division Champion. I live in WI & yet my allegiance is to INDY. Detroit could do it this year & I could see the Vikings as division champs next year. I've gotta study your defense though 1st. See what pieces you have. Special teams too. I need to see who your punt return guy is as well. 

As long as AP stays heathy & Bridgewater doesn't turn the ball over, your team will be okay this year. Matt Cassel is a good backup. I'd start Cassel in the regular season & insert Bridgewater about week 5 or 6. Teddy a good kid & I am pulling for the guy.

I wish Teddy had corrected analysts like Deion Sanders on NFL Network during the draft about how his mother was given a Cadillac vs making people think he bought it for his mother, but that's a minor mishap I chalk up to being young so I won't hold it against him. He does need to learn how to put small miscommunication fires out faster before they escalate in the media like a wildfire & can no longer be contained. 

Yup, it would be nice to see the Vikings give the Packers a little scare. They are due to be a snake in the grass surprise team in the NFC North. Besides, Jim Caldwell in Detroit doesn't exactly wow me all that much either. A nice guy, but an HC wizard? Nope, I just don't fear the guy or his game plan. He will give that squad much needed discipline though.

I really like your new HC Mike Zimmer. 1 hades of a DC in Ohio & I can't wait to see what he does with the full reins under his belt. It still made me furious that it took so long for Mike to get an HC gig. Are these owners slow or just stupid? LOL! Ziggy made the right choice. Mike was an excellent hire. Minnesota is about to be a Playoff contender again. Yes, Mike is that darn good in my estimation. Just watch within another season the Vikings are gonna be a thorn in Aaron Rogers's backside.

Not this year for my Vikes, unfortunately. I do like Zim and hope he will be here for many years. Stability is important in winning. I like that we are building a team rather than signing a bunch of free agents. We have had 7 first round picks in the last 3 years. I expect to be much better in 2015, not this year. Our defense needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully Zim can work his magic. Our offense can be very good but we have a sub par cast of QBs, though I have high hopes for Teddy. We have a strong offensive line and good weapons at skilled positions. I want Teddy to start this year. Since we are not expected to win this year, lets start the kid game one. I loved him in college and I love what he is showing me now. The guy is doing his film study, working with Norv, and comporting himself well. So, I am happy. Regarding that Cadillac thing, it did not bother me much.

I am rooting for Detroit. They never win anything. During the Wayne Fontes years, they had loads of talent but made the playoffs once, I think. They have a lot of talent now and I am rooting for their coach. Were you one of those Caldwell haters? I like Aaron Rodgers, perhaps the best QB in all of football. I don't like Cutler but dont know why.

Now, going back to the thread topic, the Vikes and Colts are not represented here. Do you have ideas for who could meme our teams? You are great with such things.

Not this year for my Vikes, unfortunately. I do like Zim and hope he will be here for many years. Stability is important in winning. I like that we are building a team rather than signing a bunch of free agents. We have had 7 first round picks in the last 3 years. I expect to be much better in 2015, not this year. Our defense needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully Zim can work his magic. Our offense can be very good but we have a sub par cast of QBs, though I have high hopes for Teddy. We have a strong offensive line and good weapons at skilled positions. I want Teddy to start this year. Since we are not expected to win this year, lets start the kid game one. I loved him in college and I love what he is showing me now. The guy is doing his film study, working with Norv, and comporting himself well. So, I am happy. Regarding that Cadillac thing, it did not bother me much.

I am rooting for Detroit. They never win anything. During the Wayne Fontes years, they had loads of talent but made the playoffs once, I think. They have a lot of talent now and I am rooting for their coach. Were you one of those Caldwell haters? I like Aaron Rodgers, perhaps the best QB in all of football. I don't like Cutler but dont know why.

Now, going back to the thread topic, the Vikes and Colts are not represented here. Do you have ideas for who could meme our teams? You are great with such things.

Regarding the Cadillac episode, I just want Teddy to release the importance of correcting rumors that are not true or taken on a life of their own especially when it personally affects his family. That's all. As long as he learns from this incident & doesn't repeat it that's all that matters to me. 

No, I would classify myself as a Caldwell hater. Jim did prove me wrong & he won a 2nd SB as the Ravens OC so I am capable of admitting when I am dead wrong in my predictions. Jim really doesn't have to do that much to get into the Playoffs--Their front 4 on defense are stout at the point of attack, Megatron is a clutch WR, Reggie Bush is effective running inside or outside with no fumble issues, & if QB Matthew Stafford can clean up his footwork & throwing body motion in the pocket, the Lions will roar in Motor City again quite easily.

I have no ill will toward Aaron Rogers personally. He's incredibly talented & so lethal when he runs & throws TDs outside the pocket on the move. Besides, my good friend Jules really likes & roots for Rogers so I check in on the Packers every so often. I like Jules because she is very football savvy & she always makes me laugh.

I thought about that too NFLfan. How come there is no funny cartoon for Minnesota or INDY? No team is immune from some good natured friendly hazing. The only hiccup INDY has had recently is our owner's arrest & WR Brazill's yr. long NFL suspension. You don't usually mock owners going through a life long addiction to pain killers & alcohol & Brazill won't be a Colt much longer I think. Regarding Minnesota, what would a cartoonist mock? Securing a SB bid? No, that's great news for both the franchise & the state. Securing financing for a new Vikings Stadium? No, that building once completed should bring in considerable revenue especially if Bridgewater clicks in Norv Turner's new offense.

I still think Matt Cassel should start the regular season & play for 4 weeks until Brigewater takes over. I never like to put rookie NFL QBs on the field from day 1 because they need to get their fundamentals & film study habits down 1st. Plus, by week 4 Bridgewater still has plenty of time to get used to the speed of professional football on a weekly basis.  

Regarding the Cadillac episode, I just want Teddy to release the importance of correcting rumors that are not true or taken on a life of their own especially when it personally affects his family. That's all. As long as he learns from this incident & doesn't repeat it that's all that matters to me.

No, I would classify myself as a Caldwell hater. Jim did prove me wrong & he won a 2nd SB as the Ravens OC so I am capable of admitting when I am dead wrong in my predictions. Jim really doesn't have to do that much to get into the Playoffs--Their front 4 on defense are stout at the point of attack, Megatron is a clutch WR, Reggie Bush is effective running inside or outside with no fumble issues, & if QB Matthew Stafford can clean up his footwork & throwing body motion in the pocket, the Lions will roar in Motor City again quite easily.

I have no ill will toward Aaron Rogers personally. He's incredibly talented & so lethal when he runs & throws TDs outside the pocket on the move. Besides, my good friend Jules really likes & roots for Rogers so I check in on the Packers every so often. I like Jules because she is very football savvy & she always makes me laugh.

I thought about that too NFLfan. How come there is no funny cartoon for Minnesota or INDY? No team is immune from some good natured friendly hazing. The only hiccup INDY has had recently is our owner's arrest & WR Brazill's yr. long NFL suspension. You don't usually mock owners going through a life long addiction to pain killers & alcohol & Brazill won't be a Colt much longer I think. Regarding Minnesota, what would a cartoonist mock? Securing a SB bid? No, that's great news for both the franchise & the state. Securing financing for a new Vikings Stadium? No, that building once completed should bring in considerable revenue especially if Bridgewater clicks in Norv Turner's new offense.

I still think Matt Cassel should start the regular season & play for 4 weeks until Brigewater takes over. I never like to put rookie NFL QBs on the field from day 1 because they need to get their fundamentals & film study habits down 1st. Plus, by week 4 Bridgewater still has plenty of time to get used to the speed of professional football on a weekly basis.

I like Jules too. I did not know she was a Rodgers fan. BTW, is there anyone on the forum that you don't like? (I don't expect you to answer that.) ;)

I hear what you are saying about the Cadillac incident. I don't know what that was about, but I agree that he should clear up anything that is inaccurate so that it does not become a bigger issue. I also appreciate your take on who should start, but I and most Vikings fans still want Bridgewater to start. You have heard this quote: "when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." That is how we see the QB situation. :)

As for the cartoon, I thought of the love boat scandal which involved at least 15 Vikings players some 8 or so years ago. I also thought of the owner's threats of moving the team out of Minn (or stadium financing, as you put it).