Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts starting secondary already fighting injuries

TKnight24

This is sensational topic...

Somewhat off topic yet addressing some previous posts just wondering what people's thoughts are on stretching actually NOT preventing injury. That and the debate regards static vs dynamic stretching.

I've heard static stretching produces some shocking results.

Get it?

I assume static stretching is going to your furthest point and holding it for a count of  XX seconds where as dynamic stretching may incorporate more bouncing to increase the stretch length with each movement.  But I really don't know.

Get it?

I assume static stretching is going to your furthest point and holding it for a count of  XX seconds where as dynamic stretching may incorporate more bouncing to increase the stretch length with each movement.  But I really don't know.

Regardles, Been a few years since I have been able to do that much stretching

The Eagles turned their strength program over to a guy with NO experience in pro sports, and they had the fewest soft tissue injuries in the league last year. I would like to see us emulate their approach in certain ways. Dismissing a guy because he doesn't have the number of years of experience you would like is kind of a bad idea. If Chip Kelly thought that way, no one would know who Shaun Huls is.

We had a thread about this a while back. This is a copy cat league, and if something works, you can bet others will try it.

I'm not saying the Eagles way is THE way, but I hope it's being dissected by our guys. It may have been shear luck for them, but there's no denying the results.

BTW, stretching isn't always necessarily a good thing. There's the appropriate time and amount. I won't get into a long diatribe, but as a runner I know a little about the subject.

Get it?

Jokes that like really leave me Van de Graffing..... :P

You're understanding btw is as good as mine.

I wasn't talking about the practice field. I was adressing the "a lot of injuries over the years" part. Hard field definetely adds to it.

In some cases, probably. I can see how landing on carpeted asphalt might have made Dwayne Allen's fall a little less cozy, but it didn't have anything to do with Donald Thomas' biceps or quad injuries. 

I think the simple answer is that injuries happen. There's not much that you can do to stop it.