Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blue Drafts

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/5/6/5675412/indianapolis-colts-mock-draft

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/5/2/5671230/a-colts-draft-dream-scenario

Here are a couple of drafts Stampede Blue posted. 

Although a dream scenario, I would absolutely love if somehow we came out with the draft in the second link. 

For a couple of players, a fall can be possible.

Look at both and tell me what you think. 

Brooks could be rated that high by us, or we could trade back a little if possible, to get him Some picks later.

Why people think some developemental C would beat out Austin is beyond me. lol He is big, strong, has a season in the offense, a developed UDFA, just like the Centers fans here were begging for that GOT Dumped by the Packers & Saints.

He could be a very decent starting Center if given a shot. And supposed fans don`t even know he exists. What a joke.

Donald Thomas hadn`t done Anything his 1st 3 years and played OK when Mankins got injured.
 Grigson took a shot for decent $$$ $3.5M per. No way he would have signed him for that if he couldn`t also be a backup Center.
 So I would be SHOCKED if Grigson drafted a Swanson who has little potential to be on the active roster in year one BECAUSE he can`t play guard. He would look at a Guard who could also play C.

Mock 2 is fantasy silliness where we sit, imo.

Mock 2 would be great, even if it was Brooks at 59 instead of Ward.  Getting the best Safety we can and then a guy like Marcus Smith in the 3rd would be fantastic.  I'd be surprised if Smith lasted that long though.  That's why I think I'd rather go best OLB in round 2 and best safety in round 3.

Swanson would be an awful pick, and the fact he even makes the point of saying he'd be only a backup? Um, we don't have the luxury of taking a backup C with no versatility and very little athleticism or potential with our second draft pick.

Swanson would be an awful pick, and the fact he even makes the point of saying he'd be only a backup? Um, we don't have the luxury of taking a backup C with no versatility and very little athleticism or potential with our second draft pick.

I agree with you 110%