Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NCF's 2nd Round Next Best top-32....

Kiper has him at #62 and your boy Nawroki has him a 5th-6th.

Thanks....   Sorry,  but I saw HTown's post which was similar and responded to that first...

By the way....   the difference on Savage and Weeden is not quite what you thought...

Savage turned 24 this week and not 25.    Weeden started his rookie year at 28 and turned 29 less than half-way through the season.      So, Savage is roughly 4 and a half years younger.

As I shared with HTown....   I realize that I'm in the minority on both Savage and Bridgewater.   I could be wrong on both.

While I'm not a Bridgewater fan,  I'm not rooting for him to fail.   I've read plenty of good things about him.   I hope I'm wrong about the kid falling too far.    But I do think he's going to fall.   As I've stated in several posts,  my view on these guys is more reading of tea leaves than viewing of video tape.    I'm going by what I'm reading and hearing.    I'm processing information based on what others are saying.

If I'm wrong,  I'm wrong.    I'm putting my view points out there for everyone to see,  so there's no back-tracking from what I'm writing.    If Bridgewater goes before my projection, I'll be happy for the kid.   I hope he delivers for his team.   But taking him higher than where I've got him would make me uncomfortable. 

Again,  I know I'm in the minority on him and Savage....

Allen was only a decent blocker? Surely you jest. He was probably the best run blocking TE in the NFL. Nobody could move him off of his spot. 

Holy moses thats crazy talk! Micheal Hoomanawanui, Bear Pasco, Rhett Ellison, I could probably throw in a couple others

Holy moses thats crazy talk! Micheal Hoomanawanui, Bear Pasco, Rhett Ellison, I could probably throw in a couple others

No that's crazy talk of what you are saying about Allen. Allen is a top tier Run Blocker and one of if not the best pass blocking TE in the game.

Pascoe isn't even in the league anymore

Kyle Rodriguez breaks it down the best from an article standpoint.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1728786-is-dwayne-allen-already-one-of-nfls-top-tight-ends

I have to say you you Benjamin and Borland ranked way too low. There is a very good chance they are both drafted in the first round and no chance they get out of the second. 

I have Benjamin at 35.   That's 3 spots below the first round.   And he's not a consensus first rounder.   Plenty of people have him in the 2nd round.    I'm not alone.

As for Borland,  I have him in the middle of the 2nd round.   Right in the middle.   I'm sure there are some NFL teams who have a first round grade on him.     I also think there are some who have a 3rd round grade on him.    But I suspect most have a 2nd round grade.

I'd agree,  there's little chance he gets out of the 2nd.    That's one reason I put him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Gavin.....

I think when people are referring to Allan's blocking they're talking about Tight Ends who start.    The guys you list are 2nd string tight ends....   designated blockers who don't catch many passes.

How many other starting tight ends block as well?

I think that question may clarify the discussion.....

Gavin.....

I think when people are referring to Allan's blocking they're talking about Tight Ends who start.    The guys you list are 2nd string tight ends....   designated blockers who don't catch many passes.

How many other starting tight ends block as well?

I think that question may clarify the discussion.....

I can get on board with that, But if were talking overall best blocking TE in the league then no in my opinion, Though he is up there for sure

I have Benjamin at 35.   That's 3 spots below the first round.   And he's not a consensus first rounder.   Plenty of people have him in the 2nd round.    I'm not alone.

As for Borland,  I have him in the middle of the 2nd round.   Right in the middle.   I'm sure there are some NFL teams who have a first round grade on him.     I also think there are some who have a 3rd round grade on him.    But I suspect most have a 2nd round grade.

I'd agree,  there's little chance he gets out of the 2nd.    That's one reason I put him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Sorry man. I must have misunderstood your post. Thought you meant they were going in the third. My bad

Sorry man. I must have misunderstood your post. Thought you meant they were going in the third. My bad

No worries....

What I'm doing here is different than what's been done here before,  so it's easy to get turned around....

It's all good....   I just wanted you to know that I value Benjamin,  the guy you like....    :thmup: