Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nobody's Mock Draft v2.0 with UDFA

2. Marcus Smith- OLB Louisville

Very good pass rusher, adequate run defender. We really need a good pass rusher who isn't Mathis. And who knows, maybe Mathis will help him along!

3. Dion Bailey- S USC

We need another safety. In this scenario the only safeties worth taking in the second are Bucannon and co, and I'll pass. Here we get a very underrated safety with in the box and coverage potential and athleticism to burn. Competes for starting spot day 1.

5. Jordan Zumwalt- LB UCLA

Zumwalt really seemed to stand out to me while watching UCLA for other players (Marsh and Barr). He hits hard, he seems to be a sure tackler. Just absolutely fierce in the box. Sorely needed for a corps that thought adding DQ Jackson would help the run D. He'll help from the start, early downs and special teams. Really see a potential long term starter here.

6. Brandon Thomas- OL Clemson

Catch the falling prospect and hope he polishes into a gem. This is about his range I believe, maybe earlier but not by much. Not as physical as I'd like, but moving to guard may take advantage of his very good upper body strength.

7. Chris Davis- CB Auburn

Very physical, to a fault actually. But speed to burn and we all know The Return, and he averaged 20 yards per punt return. If his athleticism and aggressiveness can be molded a little he could surprise some. He's the kind of player Pags would want I think.

UDFA

Eric Swoope- PF Miami

PF? Yes, that's power forward. Never played football at any level, but he's tall and long and athletic. We take a flyer hoping for an Antonio Gates situation. Swoope is skinny and probably doesn't make the final roster, he'll need a redshirt year.

Damien Williams- RB Oklahoma

Fast and productive when given the ball. Won't make the roster but nice to have a speed guy.

Ciante Evans- CB Nebraska

Good tools and speed, was a disappointment for Nebraska until a productive senior season.

Mister Cobble- NT Kentucky

Big. Flashed great potential. Might as well see what's here.

Aaron Lynch- OLB USF

Now, this is very wishful thinking. But if he does drop due to scheme, attitude, work ethic etc issues, a real possibility, we may as well see if we can get Notre Dame Lynch.

Alex Bullard- OG/C Tennessee

Pretty athletic, can play center too. Always good to have guys who can play anywhere in the interior.

That's a pretty good mock. Marcus Smith is a good Rush backer prospect, Bailey is a good hybrid safety who can cover in the box and tackles well. Zumwalt is a good later prospect, but I'm not sure exactly where he'd fit in our defense; he'd be a monster on special teams. If Brandon Thomas fell to the sixth, it would be a steal of a pick for us. Chris Davis in the 7th? I don't see anyone projecting him that far down, and I think you could get a more explosive player if you're primary use for him is special teams (Alden Darby is a great gunner; there are some other return guys down there as well). If you want a corner coming off an injury, that would be Aaron Colvin.

That's a pretty good mock. Marcus Smith is a good Rush backer prospect, Bailey is a good hybrid safety who can cover in the box and tackles well. Zumwalt is a good later prospect, but I'm not sure exactly where he'd fit in our defense; he'd be a monster on special teams. If Brandon Thomas fell to the sixth, it would be a steal of a pick for us. Chris Davis in the 7th? I don't see anyone projecting him that far down, and I think you could get a more explosive player if you're primary use for him is special teams (Alden Darby is a great gunner; there are some other return guys down there as well). If you want a corner coming off an injury, that would be Aaron Colvin.

I think Davis falls quite a bit, he has hype but his coverage and the fact that he can't play as aggressive in the pros as he did at Auburn are big detractors. The 7th in a mock is a crapshoot anyways, so I might as well put a guy who gets a reaction! haha

I like it a lot, but I'm on the fence about Bailey. I don't know how he would do in deep coverage or man coverage against TEs. He seems like somebody that would do well playing a robber type of coverage, but he's hard to project in the NFL. 

Really like some of your UDFAs. I wouldn't be too keen on drafting Aaron Lynch, but as a UDFA I would love it. If anyone could get him to realize his potential it would be Pagano. It would be pretty sweet to turn Swoopes into the next Jimmy Graham. Not sure if he projects more as a WR or TE but I'd be interested either way. I'd sign Mr. Cobble just based on his name alone.