Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Washington Redskins begin OTAs, DeSean Jackson on vacation at a private villa

MrNLM

Just a title can send people into an outrage.

If they read the story associated with it they will see that they were quick to judge.

However, without the title being worded the way it was... nobody would click to read the story in the first place.

This, my friends, is crap journalism. you want to know how I know?

The final sentence in the article is as follows:

"As long as Jackson shows up during the regular season, and possibly the postseason, nobody will care about his current getaway."

There is no story here.

None the less, here is the link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/washington-redskins-begin-otas--desean-jackson-on-vacation-at-a-private-villa-190403532.html

this may come to shock to everyone, but sports athletes are people not robots. do you blame him that he rather be chilling on a beach with a hot girl then 90 guys

Yeah. When you have had the type of off-season he has had. He needs to hire some quality PR people ASAP or fire the ones he has.

this may come to shock to everyone, but sports athletes are people not robots. do you blame him that he rather be chilling on a beach with a hot girl then 90 guys

Just one hot girl? C'mon man! You know better than that!

Yeah. When you have had the type of off-season he has had. He needs to hire some quality PR people ASAP or fire the ones he has.

I blame his agent. moss to steve smith and jackson all have the same agent and all have an attitude

there is a reason teams with new coaches get to start OTAs two weeks early. Most professionals take their career seriously and put in as much time as possible

what is he possibly missing from not going? what jersey number hes wearing

what is he possibly missing from not going? what jersey number hes wearing

yes, two weeks of picking Jersey numbers. Maybe, working with a new HC a new OC . Maybe meeting and putting work in with a new QB. A QB that really needs all the help he can get as it is

yes, two weeks of picking Jersey numbers. Maybe, working with a new HC a new OC . Maybe meeting and putting work in with a new QB. A QB that really needs all the help he can get as it is

Yea because there's no mini camp or tc for that.

Guys and gals... Its April.

Chill out.

They are optional and no matter how much emphasis you put on OTAs the NFL vets that are skipping out don't care what you think.

When an NFL vet is released from their respective team for not attending OTAs you will have an argument worth standing on. Until then, just stop with the OTA nonsense.

Aren't these the voluntary OTAs right now?

Who knows where Laron Landry was during this time last year, but everybody knew he wasn't going to miss a self workout.

Reggie Wayne is usually in Miami during this time

I believe they said Landry was working out privately in like Florida or some place like that didn't they?

Aren't these the voluntary OTAs right now?

Who knows where Laron Landry was during this time last year, but everybody knew he wasn't going to miss a self workout.

Reggie Wayne is usually in Miami during this time

But neither Laron or Reggie were cut from their team after putting up their best statistical season because of a diva attitude.

Why do people even care about this?

He's on vacation BIG DEAL.

Ever since that fake "gang ties" story popped up, people have been hell bent on demonizing DeSean Jackson, but meanwhile worse stuff gets forgotten about ala Riley Cooper who is a racist and people are very quick to defend him.

Why is this even story? Why even care about it? He's off season and he's on vacation who cares? Obviously people with too much time on their hands if they are out raged about this.

That's the main thing I can never understand with sports fans. Why worry about this kind of stuff? It's nothing you can control on your own, it's basically just a hobby that you play around with to relieve a little stress off your shoulders, or at least that's what I think it should be, cause sports is sports, it's just a freaking game at the end of the day.

I'm sure that many other players are on vacations in their big huge mansions right now. Other players that people actually like, and no one cares about them right now, so you can't say that people aren't intentionally picking on this guy cause they don't like him. Brady is probably on vacation right now, and nobody cares about that. How many times did Brett Favre skip training camp?

It's the off season. People need to find something else that they can't control to worry about and stress them out with something artificial.

Non-story for clicks...he was a hot name in the media and easy target to get some attention. If he and his coaches are on the same page...more power to him..he is doing the right thing. Likely Philly wouldn't have had OTAs going on because they didn't have a new coach and so he had already paid and planned an expensive trip. I don't see the problem. I've switched jobs and notified my new employer of a planned vacation...they were good with it so there was no problem...they were glad to hire me...as is the Redskins in this instance.