Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell Is Drinking Too Much Of The Kool-Aid

Dtman513

“They’re just going to keep playing and playing extremely hard, but the thing that we have to do is we have to look at our situation and be honest with it, with everybody. The fact that there are some things that we didn’t do well, that’s why we didn’t win. We kind of look at those situations where we turn it over, and where we aren't effective in terms of our execution.”

I'd like him to at least act like he's a little bit mad, maybe throw something, or scream at a reporter. At least then we'd all know he has a pulse, and that he isn't perfectly fine with being the laughing stock of the league.

I honestly don't know that I buy the idea that the players arent giving, for the most part, their best effort. I know there are some guys who have slipped in their production, but I wonder if that is more a product of the change itself rather than their attitudes and effort.

That being said... this team is turrible turrible turrible

What is the guy suppose to say? At this point he is a Lame Duck anyway.

He needs to say, "We aren't doing diddly-poo!" He needs to be honest of the situation. I hate how optimistic Caldwell always is.

Edited by ReMeDy

I was at the game sunday. The Colts play was shameful. Let me repeat...SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

There was no enthusiasm, there was no hard play. The Colts looked bored, and uninterested, almost as much as the fans. IT WAS PATHETIC.

Caldwell needs to be shown the door, he is the Colts kryptonite, plain and simple. He sapps the energy from the team with his blank stare of doom.

I am being honest when I say, as a former season ticket holder (80's and early 90's, so I've seen some ugly teams), I have never seen the lackadasical atmosphere I witnessed in LOS this Sunday. It was an awakening as to how bad we really have fallen under the tenure of this man. Did I mention SHAMEFUL?

I was at the game sunday. The Colts play was shameful. Let me repeat...SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

There was no enthusiasm, there was no hard play. The Colts looked bored, and uninterested, almost as much as the fans. IT WAS PATHETIC.

Caldwell needs to be shown the door, he is the Colts kryptonite, plain and simple. He sapps the energy from the team with his blank stare of doom.

I am being honest when I say, as a former season ticket holder (80's and early 90's, so I've seen some ugly teams), I have never seen the lackadasical atmosphere I witnessed in LOS this Sunday. It was an awakening as to how bad we really have fallen under the tenure of this man. Did I mention SHAMEFUL?

Unfortunately, if they lose this weekend it could get even worse fast. We could easily be treated to 6 straight weeks of the kind of effort shown in the 2nd half at New Orleans. They might hold it together through the Carolina game because that one also offers some hope but if they lose both of them I'll bet the wheels will really come off. I shudder to think how being the worst team of the Super Bowl Era through nine games could end up being the happy part of the season.

Edited by Blue Horseshoe

Unfortunately, if they lose this weekend it could get even worse fast. We could easily be treated to 6 straight weeks of the kind of effort shown in the 2nd half at New Orleans. They might hold it together through the Carolina game because that one also offers some hope but if they lose both of them I'll bet the wheels will really come off. I shudder to think how being the worst team of the Super Bowl Era through nine games could end up being the happy part of the season.

Haven't the wheels already fallen off? The team mailed it in weeks ago and so have the fans. Season ticket renewal time is just around the corner.

What's sad is that they're not only bad . They're dull . I watch because that's what I do but I have to admit that I didn't even notice that Dallas was injured until I read the screen scroll during a 4pm game . I just figured that he wasn't being targeted . I think it's another aspect of how much Manning is missed . He brought a fire . He'd get in someone's ear . This type of play is intolerable to a player of Manning's caliber . He lead by example . He doesn't swing as big a stick while standing on the sidelines in street clothes . It's not only what he did on the field but it's his will to win . Right now , something bad happens & they crawl into a shell while it snowballs out of control . It may not be an effort issue as much as mental fatigue & a feeling of helplessness . Kinda how I feel watching them now .... That said , I think a coaching change is a critical move to make going forward .