Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilfork cleaned out his locker?

OldManP

This is old news actually. He had cleaned out his locker two weeks ago when he asked for his release. Today Kraft actually said the two sides may be close to a deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760645/what-we-learned-on-vince-wilfork

am.....I just think he needs something to save face...and he'll be back...

....you said it a few weeks back..he's more valuable to NE than to anyone else .

He's an icon there and he shouldnt leave ..and I just think he wont

NE jerked him around and underpaid him for years, and now that he finally gets a contract, they want to restructure while they give out the biggest contract of the off-season. I doubt he'll budge and they can't pay him.

This is old news actually. He had cleaned out his locker two weeks ago when he asked for his release. Today Kraft actually said the two sides may be close to a deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760645/what-we-learned-on-vince-wilfork

I hope that Vince remains in NE. Other than this season, Wilfork has been very healthy & a steady workhorse in Foxboro, Massachusetts. I believe a restructured deal can be met to satisfy both Vince & Bob in the end. Do you want him back amfootball? What do the rest of my Boston based friends on here think? 

Yeah apparently this happened the same day he asked for his release. The story's on hiatus as apparently Wilfork is out of the country on vacation. But Kraft's comments yesterday indicate there's still a shred of hope that they work something out. I don't think Vince will get a lot more on the open market than the Patriots will give him - he's a 30+, nearly 400-pound dude coming off an Achilles injury. If he does leave NE, it's probably going to be a case of a money-flush team (Oakland?) throwing a lot of cash at him.

Obviously as a Pats fan I'd love to have him back, but part of being a Pats fan is getting used to watching guys leave, especially late in their careers. Rarely does Belichick let emotions factor in on contract matters. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He's so explosive, I think they will find ways to get him on the field early, if he hasn't won the #2 spot by then.   4 WR sets, Mitchell and Pierce on outside, Pittman and Downs inside.   Maybe throw a 5 WR set out there with Gould (since this is his thread, lol)   I agree though, I don't think he will want to play behind someone for long. I actually like Pierce, but I anticipate Mitchell passing him up sooner than later, as long as he shows some maturity and gets to work.   Pierce definitely has a leg up early, being in the system for a year already.
    • No doubt, think there are very few top 53 spots to be earned. Will be a hard team to make. Ballard discussed that last night in presser. See below.   I do however, think QB#3 is up for grabs. Ehlinger is old regime and in contact year. Imagine Steichen wants his own guys in there to grow and learn, with 4 years on rookie deal left.   Same way with LBer, I think there are a couple spots there that can be had, especially if you can cover somebody.   As far as bench press reps, not too concerned about it. Leonard only had 17. If he can play some coverage, he will have a shot.     Abraham really just has 1 guy to beat out, Lammons for the backup nickel. Unless they think he can play outside more, then he would also have a chance at 4th outside CB.   I don't think there's anywhere for Laulu. Imagine the plan for him is to get him in the building and to the practice squad this season.     Look forward to going over all groups and really narrowing it down. Locks, position battles and outside players to add.       Post Draft presser:  
    • I want to see how he responds bc he doesn't seem like the type to take it well being behind another player for long.
    • We have all 22 starters returning, and I think we just improved two spots on day 1 with the first two picks.  Depth possibility improved with the rest of the draft.   So on paper, that’s an excellent draft.  Of course we can’t give it a real grade until we see them play.     Now bring in a veteran CB and Safety!
    • Bottom line is we weren't having a good season because Luck retired and Ebron just plain QUIT, it was good riddance then and he needs to keep his mouth shut now. Just my opinion.
  • Members

• Jumpman

Jumpman 0

Rookie
    • MFT5

MFT5 325

• w87r

w87r 14,090

Moderators
    • r a y s k i

r a y s k i 406

• Fluke_33