Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts unlikely to lose draft pick due to Irsay discipline

TKnight24

DG....

Not only are we not going to lose a draft pick, we're not going to lose the combine either.

However, I do think we're going to lose the Super Bowl. At least the one we're currently bidding on. We'll get another sometime down the road, but I think there's only a small chance we'll get the one that's up for a vote this year. I know NFL people are saying otherwise, but I'm not buying it. What they don't want is a SB with the specter of Irsay-issues being a side show distraction.

Until he proves that he's completely clean, I think Indy's chances are very slim. I'm sorry to say that and

I hope I'm wrong......

how in the world would the current situation Irsay is in have any relevance in 2018?

how in the world would the current situation Irsay is in have any relevance in 2018?

First....   I didn't realize the SB was out as far as 2018.  

Second....   I just think the wound is too fresh in the minds of those that vote.    I think they're going to want proof that Irsay is going to be fine.    Successful completion of his therapy and not falling off the wagon.

Plus....   while it won't ever be characterized that way,  I think the NFL will silently want Irsay to think his actions cost the city a shot at the 2018 SB.    The last piece of the punishment.   

Again.....   I'm talking out of my a** and I know it.   All speculation by me.   And,  as I said in my other post,  I hope I'm wrong.

First.... I didn't realize the SB was out as far as 2018.

Second.... I just think the wound is too fresh in the minds of those that vote. I think they're going to want proof that Irsay is going to be fine. Successful completion of his therapy and not falling off the wagon.

Plus.... while it won't ever be characterized that way, I think the NFL will silently want Irsay to think his actions cost the city a shot at the 2018 SB. The last piece of the punishment.

Again..... I'm talking out of my a** and I know it. All speculation by me. And, as I said in my other post, I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think Indy had a great chance at the Super Bowl in the first place. We got lucky with the weather last time

DG....

Not only are we not going to lose a draft pick, we're not going to lose the combine either.

However, I do think we're going to lose the Super Bowl.   At least the one we're currently bidding on.   We'll get another sometime down the road,  but I think there's only a small chance we'll get the one that's up for a vote this year.   I know NFL people are saying otherwise,  but I'm not buying it.    What they don't want is a SB with the specter of Irsay-issues being a side show distraction.

Until he proves that he's completely clean,  I think Indy's chances are very slim.   I'm sorry to say that and

I hope I'm wrong......

Possibly...he was a side show distraction when the SB WAS in INDY with his war of words with Peyton and his attempt to get out in front and win the media battle in the hearts of fans. But I agree...I DON'T think we lose a pick...but I wouldn't have cried foul if we did though.

I don't think Indy had a great chance at the Super Bowl in the first place. We got lucky with the weather last time

Yeah this,  We have to understand that because of where our city is located we're always going to be a long shot for super bowls.  We did a good job with the one we had, so we'll probably get another at some point, but it'll take awhile.