Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enough Manning And Luck Talk.....

SubZero

Ok I've seen many Manning and Luck talk but one big topic i haven't seen is this offseason. We have Wayne, Mathis, Deim, and Saturday as free agents. As much as i want these guys some will have to walk. Who will get cut and who will make the team? I dont see Mathis and wayne coming back both, but i think one will get tendered for a 3rd round pick. This is also my first topic on the Colts Forum. :D

My two cents.

Irsay as much as promised Wayne and Mathis a payday. Unless their production drops way off (or Peyton retires, plunging the Colts into rebuilding mode) I can't imagine either of them not being retained. They know where their bread is buttered. Wayne stayed here in the past when he might have gotten more elsewhere, and the same benefit for both would still apply. This is the place where they have the best chance to succeed.

Similarly I can't imagine Saturday wanting to go out like this. He is playing well. If Peyton comes back, I think that Jeff will be back. Money probably isn't a huge issue.

Diem is far less useful. He may come back if there is still a crying need and the price is right, but the team is doing everything possible to rebuild the line. While he has been a pleasant surprise at guard, his performance has slipped way too much to be given much leeway.

My two cents.

Irsay as much as promised Wayne and Mathis a payday. Unless their production drops way off (or Peyton retires, plunging the Colts into rebuilding mode) I can't imagine either of them not being retained.

I agree. The problem with Reggie is that he doesn't get much separation. Therefore, he isn't rookie friendly, as in Luck or Barkley, and career back up like Painter can't use him as effectively. A guy like Peyton makes great use of Reggie because if you throw Reggie a half accurate ball, he will make a circus catch a few times a game.

True. Reggie has lost a step. Not the same he used to be. But i still hope we somehow re-sign him if peyton is healthy.

I like Reggie too. He doesn't get enough credit either. I saw a stat on football outsiders that showed that Reggie was one of, if not the only receiver, in the league whose production did not drop off dramatically against top corners.

Edited by GoGoColts

I agree. The problem with Reggie is that he doesn't get much separation. Therefore, he isn't rookie friendly, as in Luck or Barkley, and career back up like Painter can't use him as effectively. A guy like Peyton makes great use of Reggie because if you throw Reggie a half accurate ball, he will make a circus catch a few times a game.

That's right. With Peyton I consider him to be pretty much the perfect possession receiver. The ball and Reggie arrive at the same place at the same moment - where the defender hasn't got a chance - and the result is first down after first down. Painter has sent him a couple of pretty passes, but it's obviously not the same. And as much as I like Garcon, I can't help but wonder how much better the offense would be if we had someone who truly terrified the opposition playing opposite Reggie.

Ok I've seen many Manning and Luck talk but one big topic i haven't seen is this offseason. We have Wayne, Mathis, Deim, and Saturday as free agents. As much as i want these guys some will have to walk. Who will get cut and who will make the team? I dont see Mathis and wayne coming back both, but i think one will get tendered for a 3rd round pick. This is also my first topic on the Colts Forum. :D

I agree, let's quit the PM and Luck discussion. Lets not worry about who gets resigned and who gets cut either. How about we just commiserate about this lost season.

I think the only one that will be re-signed is Mathis. maybe Garcon.

Our O line should be very young and athletic next year assuming I have this right, Costanzo, Ijalana, Pollack, (draft/FA), (draft/FA) I dont know if Reitz or Linkenbach or whomever is going to be back as a starter. There are way too many good F/A WR's available and even in the draft.

I just hope the colts focus on defense.