Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans inquire about Brock Osweiler.

Dustin

Brock Osweiler? Seriously? Is Bill O'Brien trying to get fired faster than Josh McDaniels did in Denver with Tim Tebow? Come on Bill, I know that you are not that stupid. 

Clowney is not the answer & neither is Osweiler. You need a franchise QB Bill stop screwing around man. Sigh...

If they are going to make a trade, they should try to land Kirk Cousins. I think he could actually be a quality starting QB.

Exactly, if he was on the trading block that would be the way to go, but the Skins are keeping Cousins so that option is off the table now COLTS449. 

Exactly, if he was on the trading block that would be the way to go, but the Skins are keeping Cousins so that option is off the table now COLTS449. 

I wasn't sure, I've seen articles saying they were going to trade him, and article saying they weren't. They should think about it if they get a good offer with the shape their in with draft picks.

Brock Osweiler? Seriously? Is Bill O'Brien trying to get fired faster than Josh McDaniels did in Denver with Tim Tebow? Come on Bill, I know that you are not that stupid. 

Clowney is not the answer & neither is Osweiler. You need a franchise QB Bill stop screwing around man. Sigh...

I don't know how you can feel Manziel is anymore of a sure thing than Osweiler, at this point. Sure, Manziel could be the next Favre, but Osweiler could just as well be the next Aaron Rodgers, having sat behind one of the greatest ever for the last 2 seasons (and unlike Painter or Sorgi, he was a legit prospect coming out, with a pro arm)

And Kirk Cousins has "Matt Flynn 2.0" written all over him. The guy literally had a few good games and people are on here talking about him like he's slam dunk

You have no idea what Osweiler can do..none of us do...

If you can get him for a 2nd round pick.......its  better than taking anybody in this draft No.1 isn't it?

I don't know how you can feel Manziel is anymore of a sure thing than Osweiler, at this point. Sure, Manziel could be the next Favre, but Osweiler could just as well be the next Aaron Rodgers, having sat behind one of the greatest ever for the last 2 seasons (and unlike Painter or Sorgi, he was a legit prospect coming out, with a pro arm)

And Kirk Cousins has "Matt Flynn 2.0" written all over him. The guy literally had a few good games and people are on here talking about him like he's slam dunk

Manziel also has the chance of being the next Ryan Leaf. I think Clowney with Watt would be an amazing tandem... and bringing in Osweiler, or someone like him to manage the offense wouldn't be a bad idea. Next years batch of qbs could very well be better. Not many teams are able to turn things around quickly, and Houston might have a high pick next year too. We shall see.

You have no idea what Osweiler can do..none of us do...

If you can get him for a 2nd round pick.......its  better than taking anybody in this draft No.1 isn't it?

If the Texans like him he is definately better than anyone left at qb in rd 2. He is likely more advanced than any rookies coming out. It would have to be a 2nd rd pick because the Broncos took him in the second...they wouldn't give him up for less than they drafted him. Honestly I wasn't sold on him in college but he probably wouldn't be any worse than Glennon in TB. I wouldn't touch any of these qbs in the top 10 picks of this draft...to me none are any better than last years draft class. That said getting someone that has a couple nfl seasons under his belt and is 6'8 and has a lot of tools to work with....I trade that #1 pick in the draft...move back to like 5 or 6 get the second rd and maybe some other picks and then use something like that to get someone like Clowney anyways or a difference maker on defense and than use one of those picks or my second to get someone like Brock or Mallett. Honestly...I project them to be just as likely to be successful as Bridgewater, Manzel, or Bortles.

In the end....I think they take Bortles...I just think he fits what O'bryan wants.

I wonder what his price would be? I'm going to guess Denver would want a 3rd or 4th plus a conditional pick next year.

Yeah I seriously doubt that they would be foolish enough to give up the 33rd pick in the draft for Brock Osweiler. 

It'd be highway robbery if they did manage to get the pick from us, unless the kid becomes the next Matt Schaub (in terms of stats of course). I'd rather us draft a quarterback than take one of these guys that has been riding the bench for years now...

I hadn't been paying much attention to this story, but actually it makes a lot of sense for both teams.

The Broncos drafted him in the second round, they've put two years into developing him, they aren't looking to dump him - teams are coming calling, he was taken well before Wilson, Foles and Cousins in one of the most promising QB classes ever, and he came out early so he's only 23 (14 months younger than Andrew).

Don't confuse him with a career fringe/backup - - the only reason that he hasn't had a chance to show anything is that he's playing behind a HOFer, and apparently he's shown quite a bit in practice. The only reason that the Broncos would even consider getting rid of him is if they were concerned about him leaving as a FA before Peyton retired, and decided to churn him and draft another QB (or if they really like their #3). There is no chance that the Broncos are asking LESS than that #2 pick - although I imagine that it's possible that they'd take that high #3 and another pick.

Frankly it's entirely reasonable to conclude that the Texans might not want to pass on Clowney in order to re-invent themselves around an undersized running QB with an attitude problem. It's also entirely possible that Osweilor is legitimately a better prospect than any of the "pocket passers" in the current draft. What would be wrong with essentially taking a "once in a generation" DE prospect #1 and a solid 23 year year old QB prospect #2?

I hadn't been paying much attention to this story, but actually it makes a lot of sense for both teams.

The Broncos drafted him in the second round, they've put two years into developing him, they aren't looking to dump him - teams are coming calling, he was taken well before Wilson, Foles and Cousins in one of the most promising QB classes ever, and he came out early so he's only 23 (14 months younger than Andrew).

Don't confuse him with a career fringe/backup - - the only reason that he hasn't had a chance to show anything is that he's playing behind a HOFer, and apparently he's shown quite a bit in practice. The only reason that the Broncos would even consider getting rid of him is if they were concerned about him leaving as a FA before Peyton retired, and decided to churn him and draft another QB (or if they really like their #3). There is no chance that the Broncos are asking LESS than that #2 pick - although I imagine that it's possible that they'd take that high #3 and another pick.

Frankly it's entirely reasonable to conclude that the Texans might not want to pass on Clowney in order to re-invent themselves around an undersized running QB with an attitude problem. It's also entirely possible that Osweilor is legitimately a better prospect than any of the "pocket passers" in the current draft. What would be wrong with essentially taking a "once in a generation" DE prospect #1 and a solid 23 year year old QB prospect #2?

You make some good points. The only thing though is that the once in a generation DE prospect has some pretty disconcerting issues too...but hopefully they can be worked on if he is the one taken first. As far as Osweiler goes, if there was more tape of him instead of practice reports some would be able to come to a better conclusion about him, but you are right in that he is no more of a gamble than taking any of the new guys coming into the league. I still think we go with a QB first but if we do indeed acquire Osweiler or Mallett then yeah, Clowney's going to be wearing navy and red.

I'm out of "likes" but wanted to say there are lots and lots of very good, very thoughtful posts in this thread!

MAC's is my favorite...   but other good ones came from HireBruceArians,  OldUncleMark,  Gandalf, and Dgambill.

Really good posts!     Makes for a great thread of reading!       :thmup:

I was under the impression that Denver was allowing Osweiler to sit behind Peyton to learn from him and then take over in another year or two.  

If they go through with a deal like this, I wonder if they'll take a QB this year.  

I was under the impression that Denver was allowing Osweiler to sit behind Peyton to learn from him and then take over in another year or two.  

If they go through with a deal like this, I wonder if they'll take a QB this year.  

They did..GC..

But they also drafted Zac Dysert for the same reason...He's Denver's No, 3 and I;ve read they like him

about 6-foot-3, 220..nowhere near as big as Osweiler but a more polished passer... threw for about 12,000 yards at Miami of Ohio..

.....He's also tutoring under Manning.....and his credentials are impressive...

////They're well-stocked at QB

They did..GC..

But they also drafted Zac Dysert for the same reason...He's Denver's No, 3 and I;ve read they like him

about 6-foot-3, 220..nowhere near as big as Osweiler but a more polished passer... threw for about 12,000 yards at Miami of Ohio..

.....He's also tutoring under Manning.....and his credentials are impressive...

////They're well-stocked at QB

Wise on their part to take Dysert, then.