Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens' Ray Rice Arrested

amfootball

Whether or not she marries him it has no bearing IMO , The video of him dragging her out of the elevator will go with the Video of her receiving a upper cut which is battery no matter how you slice it . Unless there is equal evidence proving she used equal force there will & cannot be a not guilty .

I agree.  :agree:  

I feel badly for this woman I hope she will at least take a time out & reevaluate her situation .

Same here.   If you don't have any respect for yourself,  you can't expect others to treat you with any.

I have enough respect for myself, to never let anyone intentionally abuse or harm me.

:edit:   And to be fair, she may not have  had any reason to believe he'd ever do something like this,  so  I am in no way blaming her for allowing this.  However, now that it has happened,   there is, as you say, now cause for concern and time to re-evaluate her situation.

Same here.   If you don't have any respect for yourself,  you can't expect others to treat you with any.

I have enough respect for myself, to never let anyone intentionally abuse or harm me.

:edit:   And to be fair, she may not have  had any reason to believe he'd ever do something like this,  so  I am in no way blaming her for allowing this.  However, now that it has happened,   there is, as you say, now cause for concern and time to re-evaluate her situation.

No woman, or very few women, ever believes that their man will hit them or cause bodily harm to them & yet many intelligent women tragically fall into the perils of an abusive relationship with their boyfriend. It's not really about self respect to me. More along the lines of realizing the downward spiral a woman is in while they are in an abusive relationship & having the savvy to know what the situation is & having the courage to move on. 

Women often return to their abuser because they love their man & believe it was a 1 time incident as opposed to a pattern of domination & submission. I get what you meant Gramz & I agree with you generally, but it's really about the honest awareness of the situation the moment it happens & having the strength to make a clean break from an abusive lover immediately with no exceptions whatsoever. 

Would it make a difference if Ray Rice agreed to go to anger management/marriage counseling? It would show that Ray sees the problem, loves his fiancee, & wants to never strike her again. Just brainstorming outloud...There is no right or wrong answer here. 

Whether or not she marries him it has no bearing IMO , The video of him dragging her out of the elevator will go with the Video of her receiving a upper cut which is battery no matter how you slice it . Unless there is equal evidence proving she used equal force there will & cannot be a not guilty .

I'm don't disagreeing with you whatsoever.  All I'm saying is that this woman will likely not say anything to support a case against Rice and may even try to defend him.

In the case of Pac Man, he was charged with assault.  According to Jones, two women approached him asking to have a photo taken with him.  Yet, the video clearly showed that he approached the women who didn't even seem to be aware of who he was or that he was even there before that point.  And, witnesses have said that he was telling these women that they were fat and ugly.

Jones said that another woman threw a beer bottle at him.  Yet, the video never showed that bottle leaving the woman's hand . . . just the beer.

Jones said that he then turned and slapped the woman which knocked her down.  Yet, the video never showed him turning around.  If he had, he would have been striking air as there was no one behind him on the other side of the fence.

However, he was found not guilty of assault by a judge which is why I wouldn't be surprised if this thing with Rice doesn't go anywhere even though I am in total agreement that it should. 

No woman, or very few women, ever believes that their man will hit them or cause bodily harm to them & yet many intelligent women tragically fall into the perils of an abusive relationship with their boyfriend. It's not really about self respect to me. More along the lines of realizing the downward spiral a woman is in while they are in an abusive relationship & having the savvy to know what the situation is & having the courage to move on. 

Women often return to their abuser because they love their man & believe it was a 1 time incident as opposed to a pattern of domination & submission. I get what you meant Gramz & I agree with you generally, but it's really about the honest awareness of the situation the moment it happens & having the strength to make a clean break from an abusive lover immediately with no exceptions whatsoever. 

Would it make a difference if Ray Rice agreed to go to anger management/marriage counseling? It would show that Ray sees the problem, loves his fiancee, & wants to never strike her again. Just brainstorming outloud...There is no right or wrong answer here. 

Its my understanding that they went home together after he got bailed out..

...you are right..its a very hard dynamic to correct

This is a sad case because what he did...is hard to overcome when everybody saw it..

..and I;m sure the total video eventually will surface