Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wanted: PLAYMAKERS that carry a MEAN streak on the field!

bluephantom87

Whether through the draft or free agency it's time to go after guys that don't mind putting a hat on you. BIG NASTIES to bolster the defensive line as well as to anchor the subpar o-line. Bring in lb's who LOVE to hit and carry that hard nose mentality ESPECIALLY since the coaching staff is conservative by nature but PREACH about being physical and aggressive. I'm starting to see gms find headhunters in the mid to late rounds that come into the league with HUGE chips on their shoulders to PROVE that they belong. (ala the Seahawk secondary minus Earl Thomas 1st round pick) Grigs you're on the clock and it's time to find PAIN!!!!

To be honest I think the D-line is perhaps a big need that we don't talk about much here.  

It would be good if we could get more pressure on the QB from the D-line.  We rely far too much on Mathis to create all our pressure.  

If Mathis where to get injured, God forbid then opposing quarterbacks will be able to sit in the pocket and eat a sandwich while they decide who to throw to.  

We need a interior pass rusher. Whether it was Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Palmer, or Clemons the defense made those guys look like good players. They all had a lot of time to step up in the pocket.

I think we need to come out of this draft with a good interior pass rusher. Aaron Donald and Daquan Jones would be good options early in the draft. 

To be honest I think the D-line is perhaps a big need that we don't talk about much here.  

It would be good if we could get more pressure on the QB from the D-line.  We rely far too much on Mathis to create all our pressure.  

If Mathis where to get injured, God forbid then opposing quarterbacks will be able to sit in the pocket and eat a sandwich while they decide who to throw to.  

I'd like us to go after Arthur Jones if we can sign him to a reasonable contract.

We have enough cap for those 3 signings. I dont care if it is only 3 players. Those are 3 huge holes that would be filled by stellar playmakers. Do you want to see a SB or not??

We still need to sign Luck, Castonzo, Hilton, etc down the road. We may have cap room this year, but we don't want have to blow up the squad in a few years. Don't think we can afford to throw cash at Byrd.