Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton vs Brady: Hater's Perspective

dynasty13

Setting aside all the past arguments....they both run the risk of now becoming somewhat pitiful stat / ring chasers, teetering on "smelly Uncle Carl who stayed at the party too long" status.

In fact....the signs of it may have begun last weekend.

Sure....it was the Super Bowl, but if Denver slips back to 8-8 and out of the playoffs next season, we might see Peyton pitching Ensure and reverse-mortgages instead of pizza, amidst questions of why he stayed so long. And Brady is no different if roster cracks keep happening in New England.

These crashes can happen very rapidly, and after all....there are tried and true blueprints for attacking and beating these two guys.

Meh, that is the FA/cap era. Teams are supposed to decline. The type of success both Brady and Manning have enjoyed contending for stats and rings year after year is what makes them the best of their era. It is hard to win Sbs much less multiple SBs. I believe when everything is said and done and their careers end they will be considered the two best ever to play the game.

Meh, that is the FA/cap era. Teams are supposed to decline. The type of success both Brady and Manning have enjoyed contending for stats and rings year after year is what makes them the best of their era. It is hard to win Sbs much less multiple SBs. I believe when everything is said and done and their careers end they will be considered the two best ever to play the game.

No argument on their legacies...but in the context of how QBs of their stature are measured, why tarnish it?

Had Manning played well and lost a thrilling game to Seattle by a FG last week, and then announced his retirement, he still would have been heralded with no less fanfare for the great career he's built.

But THAT beat down?

It's exactly what I'm talking about....with some consolation that it was indeed the Super Bowl and took place at the end of a spectacular (statistically) regular season. Unfortunately, that IS Manning's legacy.

I honestly think Peyton should wrap it up now....but the competitive fire that he has, a good thing for sure, simply won't allow it.

Still, his team was blown off the planet...and my hunch is that next season it goes even further in the wrong direction.

No argument on their legacies...but in the context of how QBs of their stature are measured, why tarnish it?

Had Manning played well and lost a thrilling game to Seattle by a FG last week, and then announced his retirement, he still would have been heralded with no less fanfare for the great career he's built.

But THAT beat down?

It's exactly what I'm talking about....with some consolation that it was indeed the Super Bowl and took place at the end of a spectacular (statistically) regular season. Unfortunately, that IS Manning's legacy.

I honestly think Peyton should wrap it up now....but the competitive fire that he has, a good thing for sure, simply won't allow it.

Still, his team was blown off the planet...and my hunch is that next season it goes even further in the wrong direction.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. Favre should have retired after the NFCCG loss in retrospect. I do see a decline from Denver next year given the SB loss hangover and the tougher schedule. But still they will be the favs in the AFC.