Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everyone hates Indiana

trueblueblood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Robert wasn't the DPOY. Luke shouldn't have won, but it wasn't Robert either.

Marvin isn't in the Hall of Fame because he has to wait his turn. Just like every WR waiting in line. He isn't snubbed. He is just stuck in a log jame for the position.

Dungy isn't a Hall of Fame head coach.

Lance Stephenson is the only real snub.

Sorry Robert wasn't the DPOY. Luke shouldn't have won, but it wasn't Robert either.

Marvin isn't in the Hall of Fame because he has to wait his turn. Just like every WR waiting in line. He isn't snubbed. He is just stuck in a log jame for the position.

Robert don't have 2 to 4 other pro bowlers to help him like all the others

Dungy not a hall of fame coach? He is the father of the Tampa 2 defense, and had a lot of successful years. And successful teams. Not to mention he's the first African American head coach to win a Super Bowl. And I don't buy the "log jam" nonsense. I think he wasn't voted in because of his off the field issue.

Dungy not a hall of fame coach? He is the father of the Tampa 2 defense, and had a lot of successful years. And successful teams. Not to mention he's the first African American head coach to win a Super Bowl. And I don't buy the "log jam" nonsense. I think he wasn't voted in because of his off the field issue.

A social accomplishment doesn't make you a Hall of Fame coach. And for Dungy that is his biggest accomplishment. He doesn't belong next to guys like Noll, Lombardi, Madden, and the others.

I don't need some outside source to vindicate the season/careers these players/coach had for us. As long as we, as their fans, appreciate and recognize what these players have done for us...that's all that matters. With that said, just because a player doesn't receive a plaque...doesn't mean that these players/coach aren't recognized for their achievements. For example, just for Dungy and Harrison to be finalists for the HOF is exceptional...many retired players/coaches would kill just to be recognized as a finalist (poor choice of words...shouldn't have put kill and Harrison in the same sentence lol). Anyways, I never understood when people complained about these types of things. Sure, you can contribute your thoughts on an existing thread (eg--the Pacers thread or I would imagine there's a HOF thread already up about Dungy/Harrison not making the cut)...but it's overkill just to make a whole new thread to complain about such a trivial thing. JMO

A social accomplishment doesn't make you a Hall of Fame coach. And for Dungy that is his biggest accomplishment. He doesn't belong next to guys like Noll, Lombardi, Madden, and the others.

I'm more confused about Marvin. I agree that Dungy doesn't stack up to the legends, but I do think he is a hall of fame coach. I understand why he's not a first ballot, but not Marvin. To me, that's just ridiculous

Colts never get any love. Robert Mathis got screwed out of Dpoy, Dungy and Harrison get snubbed out of the HOF, and not to mention Lance Stephenson getting absolutely screwed out of being an all-star. This is getting pretty old

Agree 100%. When I see the likes of a big mouth Michael Irvin in the HOF, with stats that don`t hold a candle to Marvin's *, it does get old.

I don't need some outside source to vindicate the season/careers these players/coach had for us. As long as we, as their fans, appreciate and recognize what these players have done for us...that's all that matters. With that said, just because a player doesn't receive a plaque...doesn't mean that these players/coach aren't recognized for their achievements. For example, just for Dungy and Harrison to be finalists for the HOF is exceptional...many retired players/coaches would kill just to be recognized as a finalist (poor choice of words...shouldn't have put kill and Harrison in the same sentence lol). Anyways, I never understood when people complained about these types of things. Sure, you can contribute your thoughts on an existing thread (eg--the Pacers thread or I would imagine there's a HOF thread already up about Dungy/Harrison not making the cut)...but it's overkill just to make a whole new thread to complain about such a trivial thing. JMO

then don`t comment? simple as that

It's more of a collective thing. I just think indiana teams as a whole don't get the recognition they deserve. Besides the pacers, everyone is on the bandwagon now. My main complaint about that is that Stephenson wasn't chosen as an all-star. Even shaq and Barkley said that was ridiculous

I'm more confused about Marvin. I agree that Dungy doesn't stack up to the legends, but I do think he is a hall of fame coach. I understand why he's not a first ballot, but not Marvin. To me, that's just ridiculous

Marvin will get in, but there's been a logjam, and Andre Reed should have been in a long time ago. It's not fair to Marvin, but it wasn't fair to Reed either, or Cris Carter, or Tim Brown. 

I'm not sold on Dungy, by the way. 

It's more of a collective thing. I just think indiana teams as a whole don't get the recognition they deserve. Besides the pacers, everyone is on the bandwagon now. My main complaint about that is that Stephenson wasn't chosen as an all-star. Even shaq and Barkley said that was ridiculous

Players get snubbed all the time. Remember Kevin Love a few years ago? To make it personal -- OHMYGERSH, EVERYONE HATES INDIANA!!! -- seems silly. 

Players get snubbed all the time. Remember Kevin Love a few years ago? To make it personal -- OHMYGERSH, EVERYONE HATES INDIANA!!! -- seems silly.

But why do people get snubbed? Especially when it's up to the coaches? The only reason I can think of is bias or just straight up hate. How do players like dragic and Stephenson get screwed but joe Johnson makes it?

But why do people get snubbed? Especially when it's up to the coaches? The only reason I can think of is bias or just straight up hate. How do players like dragic and Stephenson get screwed but joe Johnson makes it?

most fans don't know who to vote for either alot of ppl get into the nba all star game cause of name recognition Kobe was named a starter and he's crippled

The problem with all of these examples of who aren't in.. isss..Marvin was better than all of them! I mean the dude ranks in the top 5 in most categories for a receiver. Shoudln`t have to wait behind anybody

Andre Reed played in the previous era. When he retired, he was top 5 or 10 in every category. He shouldn't have had to wait.

For All Star voting? Because most fans don't know what they're doing. Kobe got voted an All Star this year, need I say more?

For HOF voting, I don't think it's a snub. Only five guys can go in at a time. Sometimes worthy individuals have to wait. It's not a small-town thing; Michael Strahan had to wait, while Warren Sapp got in. 

For All Star voting? Because most fans don't know what they're doing. Kobe got voted an All Star this year, need I say more?

For HOF voting, I don't think it's a snub. Only five guys can go in at a time. Sometimes worthy individuals have to wait. It's not a small-town thing; Michael Strahan had to wait, while Warren Sapp got in.

This.

Margin did not get snubbed. The Hall of Fame is a limited amount of people every year which causes a log jam sometimes and Marvin is a victim of that because of the WR log jam. Reed is a Hall of Fame WR. His numbers our from an era where defenders could actually play defense. He should have been already, but he suffered from the log jam that guys like Carter, Brown and others suffer from.

The snub that occurred in DPOY was Quinn from the Rams not winning.

The only real snub that occurred was Lance and that has to do with more him rubbing coaches the wrong way than some imagined anti Indiana thing.

Just because our guys do not win every award imaginable does not mean there is hate Indiana thing. Got to stop with this inferiority complex.

Robert Mathis was ROBBED!

Not really. Robert Quinn was robbed. I never thought Mathis would win. He's a legitimate candidate, but I don't think he was the best defensive player in the league.

To be honest, it's more of an issue that JJ Watt wasn't a finalist.