Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When Peyton Manning Retires .. I hope..

Lady_Madden

He comes back to Indy..

And buys the Indianapolis Colts...

lmao

That would be ..poetic justice

Good Luck Broncos! I hope you go to the BOWL!

~ but if you have to go through the Colts to get there.. well.. Good "Luck" Broncos :)~

Edited by Nadine
removed excessive formatting

I don't care what he does when he retires... just that he does - the sooner the better ;)

I know you Indy fans adore him, but I am soooooo over the hundreds of PM posts and NFL Peyton hype this year.  One of the things I would love most about beating the Broncos tomorrow would be to shut that talk down. 

However I feel, I think Philip Rivers would disagree.  Interestingly, when Manning announced he was coming to Denver, the most excited person in the NFL was Philip Rivers.  He said that Peyton Manning coming to our division would make us instantly better and make it harder to compete for the division title making him and our team a better team.  This year's play has prepared us more for the playoffs than earlier years where we we played too soft of a schedule. 

Isn't it interesting to think that a fellow who has played football as his primary vocation could one day leverage that ability to the point where he could potentially purchase a business valued at upwards of $1,000,000,000?

Ouch. Your sarcasm is biting haha

He'll be honored in some shape of form when he retires by the Colts.  In fact I would dare say he'll be honored more than once.  Probably have his number officially retired (if anyone has ever deserved that for the Indianapolis Colts it's him and it would be fitting for him to be the first one to get that honor here).  They will put him in the Ring of Honor.  There might even be a statue for him as well.  You might even see a one day contract like we did with Saturday for him to retire officially as a Colt but Colts fans better be ready if he wins a Super Bowl for the Broncos they are going to honor him too. 

I wouldn't be shocked if he buys a sports team either but I don't think it will be the Colts. For starters I don't think Irsay will let them out of his family and I think Peyton is going to settle in Tennessee when he retires.  He might either look into buying the Titans or maybe just buy out the Grizzles who I believe his wife already owns a part of. 

He comes back to Indy..

And buys the Indianapolis Colts...

lmao

That would be ..poetic justice

Good Luck Broncos! I hope you go to the BOWL!

~ but if you have to go through the Colts to get there.. well.. Good "Luck" Broncos :)~

He'll come back to Indy to open some Papa John's Pizza's  to choke down after his days in Denver . 

18 failed to go thru the Colts to get where there at :thmup:   . The Colts beat KC at home & in LOS what makes you think they can't do the same to the Broncos in Denver ? That is if the Broncos don't repeat the Ravens debacle & lose to the Chargers .  

Edited by Nadine
removed excess formatting

He'll come back to Indy to open some Papa John's Pizza's  to choke down after his days in Denver . 

18 failed to go thru the Colts to get where there at :thmup:   . The Colts beat KC at home & in LOS what makes you think they can't do the same to the Broncos in Denver ? That is if the Broncos don't repeat the Ravens debacle & lose to the Chargers .  

Interesting use of the word choke.

Manning's and Brady's retirements dates are not far off and that is why this coming game with the Pats might be the most critical win of all between #18 and #12 simply because if Brady goes to another super bowl win or lose it will be a shot in his arm for who was the better QB. I recall the comparisons between Bart Starr and Unitas. Unitas got the tip of the hat on that debate but the Manning/Brady issue will be argued for generations to come. Honestly after watching Seattle beat N.O. yesterday I doubt anyone will keep the SB trophy away from them but that is not the issue now. Anyway, "make it one more for my baby and one more for the road". Go get em' #18.