Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN mag's preseason predictions for 2013 season

Indygal1218

I was going through my e-reader and saw an ESPN magazine from early September 2013.  The cover boasts predictions for all the NFL games.

The subtitle under the Colts section:  The Colts don't have the horses to hang with Houston.

Per Pro Football Focus, the projected record was 8 - 8 with a 37.4% chance of making the playoffs.

The Colts were supposed to lose to Denver, 29 - 17.  Kansas City was also a loss, 27 - 17.

I know most analysts and talking heads had the Colts taking a step backwards, even before all the injuries.  I just felt like crowing a little.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I remember Luck and the Colts were the sexy pick to regress. I don't know what it was based on. The kid can flat out play. I guess that they thought 2012 was a fluke. I think it was just a preview.

I believe it was because of the Colts point differential and most of the games they won were by small margins.

I CANNOT believe the experts at ESPN were wrong about the Colts. I mean, they are experts and know everything about a team and how a player will preform in the NFL

-Ryan Leaf

Hey, I bet they can name four Colts players now, without going to their notes.

But even if we win the SB, next season they'll have more airtime on the Jets second team QB than us.

I thought with significant cap money and free agent signing, the a Colts would be a better team, but I never dreamed they'd match their 2012 record - I was thinking anywhere 7-9 and 9-7. It seemed 2012 was helped by last place ease in schedule from the 2-14 debacle, the knack of winning just about every close game, and the whole Chuckstrong emotional rally cry. After this season, I am thinking we might just expose New England and mark the beginning of their end by taking it to them decisively. It seems out of the realm of possibilities with most national media types, who are too lazy to notice the big blue train rumbling down the tracks.

Sometimes I wonder if the media even do their homework on the Colts. Last year they made predictions based on the previous years 2-14 record, after the Colts cleaned house. How do you base what a team can do or can`t do when there`s an influx of new talent and philosophy? Then its like they think its a fluke and to justify their own "being wrong" they say the Colts would surely regress this year. Keep winning and sooner or later they`ll have to acknowledge the Colts

lol no. I rarely ever do that, too much effort. :) Just pick a record, for 2012 I had picked 9-7 so we did better then expected for me.

I said anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 based on how our FA and second year players performed. We did a heck of a lot better than I anticipated. Pretty sure we're the only team that beat all the playoff teams it faced this year.

I said anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 based on how our FA and second year players performed. We did a heck of a lot better than I anticipated. Pretty sure we're the only team that beat all the playoff teams it faced this year.

Not nitpicking, but we lost to the Chargers and Bengals.

Not nitpicking, but we lost to the Chargers and Bengals.

Imo the Chargers are not a playoff team. If the refs got the call right the Steelers would be in the post season right now n Rivers would be sitting at home. I did forget about the Bengals though haha.

I thought they were going to be 42-1 this year, Pppffftt boy was I wrong.

Season turned out better than I expected barring all the injuries. They turned things around the last few games only to enter the playoffs and look like they did at the darkest times of the season, then rallied for one of the greatest comebacks of all time. If they do spot the Patriots a big lead, I'm not sure they will have the ability to come back. Hopefully we see a good game all around with the Colts and chance to win in the fourth.